This Stunningly Racist French Novel Is How Steve Bannon Explains The World

I guess the whole European refugee problem is imagined since that book is racist... Or that you're racist if you think its a problem to any degree.

Is it just me or is there a "the book Steve Bannon is obsessed with, stole his ideology from" article every week, and it's never the same book?

It's not just me.

I wonder if Soros accidentally faxed the story orders out to 5 different news orgs. Some serious miscommunication about which book Bannon is obsessed with.

It was the Irish, then the Italians, then the Jews and Chinese. They all got shat on and blamed for all the country's problems. Now it's Mexicans and Muslims, nothing's changed. People and their anger are still so easily manipulated.

Who said he does? Huffpo? I cite shit all the time that I don't consider an inspiration, but they fit in certain cases. I'm an atheist but I've referred to Vegas as "Sodom and Gomorrah" a bunch of times. A lot of people do it with George Orwell too, and "Orwellian" has even become an adjective. You'd be well-served to listen to a few Steve Bannon lectures and then take up your gripes with his his claims individually.
When it comes to Bannon and this particular book if you cite certain sources as inspiration don't complain when people make an assumption on the integrity of your character. A smart person would not openly admit their view of the world is shaped by this literature.

The novel is not racist and the writer was not a prophet. He did describe something that was already planning and evident..

No, it should be concerning that Trump looks to Bannon for inspiration.

trumpandbannon.jpg

1T2Hrb5.gif

The author of that book is clearly right, so how is it possible to be racist if what you've said will happen, is happening?

Having read this years ago, the author is borderline prophetic in his content. Though as another poster commented above, this book is only a few decades old. I won't comment on the current flood of negative reviews pouring in. I recommend this book. The language used is more bold than "Heart of Darkness" for an example.

“The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame." - Oscar Wilde

Last edited:
The author of that book is clearly right, so how is it possible to be racist if what you've said will happen, is happening?

You should read it and see if you can spot the racism.
It's not subtle.

You should read it and see if you can spot the racism.
It's not subtle.

The main story line is that eventually there will be a mass migration into Europe from the third world, to the point where millions will flood in, eventually destroying Europe.

Seems pretty accurate to me. How can something be racist if it's true?

The steadfast progressives drones will continue to support this decent into madness.

No one is a moderate liberal or moderate conservative anymore, especially not in the War Room. Liberals call every conservative far right, including George W., who was fairly moderate in most respects. Conservative radio calls every liberal far left with little thought of the difference between center left and the radical left.

Can you explain your view of the difference between center right and the far right? I'm asking sincerely.
Far right is when you do your best to functionally eliminate every government organization except the military and law enforcement, regardless of how beneficial it may be to constituents or the collective national interest.

And, yes, the nation has become radically polarized. There are FAR more people who openly embrace the platform I've described above than there were a few years ago, but the MAJORITY of the population wants to expand certain functions of the government, such as healthcare and environmental protections.

The main story line is that eventually there will be a mass migration into Europe from the third world, to the point where millions will flood in, eventually destroying Europe.

The author's description of the mass migrants is crude as one example.

Because there's more to a novel than a basic plot outline?
...but who knows, maybe you won't think it's racist. I've heard the same about the Turner Diaries.

It was the Irish, then the Italians, then the Jews and Chinese. They all got shat on and blamed for all the country's problems. Now it's Mexicans and Muslims, nothing's changed. People and their anger are still so easily manipulated.

You don't think the Irish mob, or the Italian Mafia, or the Jewish Mafia, were in part responsible for the country's problems in the 1920's and 1930's? The U.S. experienced a huge wave of immigrants in the early 1900's, and it brought along with them a huge wave of crime.

World War 2 and the strict policies that were adopted as a result, along with the development of various crime fighting organizations put an end to that, but that doesn't mean there wasn't a problem.

chart_immigration_into_us_1820_2010.gif

homicides-1900-20062.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps I'm wrong, but didn't W invade a country while saying that God told him it was right, resulting in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people, creating the Patriot Act and sinking us into a massive debt we're still combatting today?

I mean, W is endearing as fuck right now, dude is adorable with his paintings and his crush on Mrs. Obama but can you enlighten me on how his administration was almost centrist?

Invading Iraq was a very centrist position. Look at the votes to invade, very bi-partisan, and as a policy was consistent with Clinton's air offensive in Iraq in 1998. He even went so far as to justify the invasion based on UN pronouncements. That's hardly a far right tack to take. One can agree or disagree with the invasion, but there was nothing far right about it. In fact, attempts at nation-building were historically a center left position, as in Korea under Truman and Vietnam under Kennedy and Johnson. That's why it was considered a neo-con policy, where neo-cons were all former liberals who moved to the center right as a reaction to the leftward shift of the Dem party after Clinton's administration.

Far right is when you do your best to functionally eliminate every government organization except the military and law enforcement, regardless of how beneficial it may be to constituents or the collective national interest.

And, yes, the nation has become radically polarized. There are FAR more people who openly embrace the platform I've described above than there were a few years ago, but the MAJORITY of the population wants to expand certain functions of the government, such as healthcare and environmental protections.

Ok, that's a decent working definition, and there are elements in Trump's cabinet that want to see federal bureaucracy reined in, so that could be taken as eliminating government by some. Which major US governmental organizations do you think will be eliminated? I'm guessing none at all.

Back