This NFL thing has made owner of Papa John's lose his damn mind. N bombs now.

I know you're being purposely obtuse, but the word has entered cultural slang in the African American community. And that probably has occurred as a means to "take the power" out of the word that was historically used by whites to demean and dehumanize.

L9Ji.gif

@GetTheseHands as the spokesperson, can confirm if my thinking of why African americans use the n word is correct?

Do you actually believe that though?

Nobody looks better for using it. It's only really used by deplorable people from black or white cultures. If anything it's continued use has increased it's power. No other word is capable of making people loose their shit as much as the N word, and it's not black people who freak out either.

Never knew someone liked "Zuck" before. I thought the selling info thing was quite of a scandal. Facebook is dying too.

How is Facebook dying? Who is leaving? Instagram just hit 1 billion users and now accounts for 1/4 of Facebook's ad revenue. They are just about done putting a stake through the heart of Snapchat too. Facebook is at all time highs. Zuckerberg passed Warren Buffett as 3rd richest person in the world.

They got TV shit going now too and Ronaldo is gonna have a show. He has the most followers of anyone on FB.

David Paul Morris | Bloomberg | Getty Images
Mark Zuckerberg, chief executive officer and founder of Facebook

Facebook is getting into the augmented reality (AR) advertising business, entering a space previously dominated by Snap.

Facebook announced Tuesday that it would begin offering AR ads in the News Feed. People will be able to use their mobile device's camera to participate in the experiences.

Snap is considered the industry leader in AR ads, and allows opportunities like sponsoring popular Snapchat filters called Lenses.Apple is also betting on AR technology, including encouraging developers to make content for the technology using its ARKit.

One Facebook AR ad test from Michael Kors let people try on a pair of their sunglasses virtually. Sephora, NYX Professional Makeup, Bobbi Brown, Pottery Barn, Wayfair and King will debut experiences this summer.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/10/facebook-augmented-reality-ads-threaten-snapchat.html

Hating Facebook will get you nowhere. Embrace it.

This is silly.

You can't use the word while talking about the word? Or can't reference history to illuminate how you're against it?

What the fuck

In this very post, you managed to talk about the word without using it.

And so did I.

That doesn't mean the dude is a racist, but a very big part of his job is to be aware of optics.

Only thing that bothers me about it is why can't this dude Do it but Quentin Tarantino can. And no sometimes when he does it in his movies it's not a historical context

Nope, “Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s,” Schnatter said, before complaining that Sanders never faced public backlash." Meaning he is upset that guy that has been dead for 30 years was allowed to say something that is not appropriate today. Lots of things were overlooked when Colonel Sanders was around that are not now.
Well, good thing Sanders only called black people "n*ggers" and not something egregious like criticizing the NFL.

A guy in his position should know that he would fail the racial purity test used to determine who can use the N-word, regardless of context or intent.

I will still eat PaPa Johns though, I might be the only one, but I like their pizza.

So does this mean white can’t ever say the word, even if they’re talking about the word?
You can use it any time you like, just not in front of people that will be offended by it, just like any other word. I don't see the point in being indignant about it.

I came in expecting to GIF-response with a, "This is where I get off the train..." message. Lo and behold, I am again confronted by an illogical approach to combating racism that is more racist itself in nature. Key passage:

What is the crime here? Where is the evidence that he believes blacks are inferior? Am I also supposed to infer that he thinks it's appropriate for blacks to be dragged behind trucks until they die? Am I supposed to infer that this private conference call indicates that he believes the term should be acceptable in normal workplace environments instead of a privately discussed conference call by management where the very topic is how to handle racial sensitivity?

We have taken our eyes so far off the ball that we no longer remember what the purpose of this selective, voluntary censorship was intended to effect.

*Edit* Furthermore, since I anticipate the "it reflects poor judgment" defense, then I'd like to point out that poor judgment is intended to reflect the misapprehension of a deeper transgression. He is the one on the hot seat. What is his deeper transgression, then?

Furthermore, this conference call would have stayed private if it wasn't leaked to the press. Isn't the person with poor judgment the one who would leak it? The issue is public perception. He didn't air this out in public, so I don't see the flaw in judgment...unless one is to presume that he can't even trust a single conversation held on business time concerning the business to ever be kept confidential, or handled with discretion.

Even in private you must self-censor your speech, but only if you are white. That is the message I am gleaning.

You're a business person concerned about the racial public relations disaster that has befallen your company. The CEO holds a phone conference to outline his plan to undo the negative press and return the company to a more positive place where people want to be associated with it again.

Instead of reassuring you, he complains that Colonel Sanders could say the n-word with impunity and recollects the days of his youth when black people were killed recreationally.

Chances are you're going to shit your pants in a panic because you realize that it's not an accident that your company is in this situation and that this man is not capable of leading you out of it. And he's probably going to make it worse.

I would not be surprised if his associates / employees leaked these details to try to shock him into realizing that he needs to change the way he's viewing this entire situation.

That's my take, anyways.

In this very post, you managed to talk about the word without using it.

And so did I.

That doesn't mean the dude is a racist, but a very big part of his job is to be aware of optics.

That's because we know from the article what word we're talking about.

When the discussion starts from the baseline, should we always use "n-word" or can we say the actual word in the context of discussing it?

What if someone who isn't privy to Western conventions asks what do we mean by "n-word"?

Intent matters.

Libtards just need something to be rustled over about and call people racist. @Edison Carasio

loling good at overly emotional minorities.

I'm sure you're a guy who has the N word roll very easily off his tongue.

Oh and phalus did you get a good deal on any beige polo shirts at the Old Navy 4th of July sale?

170812072518-01-charlottesville-white-supremacists-0811-restricted-exlarge-tease.jpg

I'm sure you're a guy who has the N word roll very easily off his tongue.

Oh and phalus did you get a good deal on any beige polo shirts at the Old Navy 4th of July sale?

170812072518-01-charlottesville-white-supremacists-0811-restricted-exlarge-tease.jpg
hmmm....

Is this all you tards can do lately? Accuse everyone of racism?

discussing the relative merits of two shite "pizzas" <36>
I feel like a pizza snob living in NYC. I remember living out west and having to deal with Dominoes or Papa John's. Yo quiero Taco Bell.

hmmm....

Is this all you tards can do lately? Accuse everyone of racism?
Is all you tards can do is defend racism and cry cuz you can't use the n word?

Last edited:
Is all you yards can do is defend racism and cry cuz you can't use the n word?
D-.

Try harder next time. I usually give at least a C- but there's not even any effort there.

Back