This isn't going to be a popular idea, but I don't think you can just discount a guy that pops.

if you don't compete within the framework of the sport your competing in how can you be called the best?

HAHAHA

I LOVE these types of threads, which seem to be ENDLESS lately.

"My favorite guy got busted CHEATING multiple times, but he can't be discounted because of that!"

giphy.gif

Look at the list of fighters that have tested positive. Some goats. Some decent guys. Some gatekeepers. Yes, it is cheating, and I agree with that 100%. But JJ, Silva, hell even Brock had something that made them great. I am going to pick Jones here, because he popped the most, and I am not a fan of him. The guy has never lost a fight. He got a DQ. He had a close one with Gus. I just don't think you can erase an entire career for getting busted for roids. And that is just talking about the guys that have been caught. No one really knows who is on the juice. 4 of the best. Silva, JJ, Fedor, GSP. I cannot say this list is any different because 2 popped. Overturn the tainted wins, fine them, suspend them. All that is ok with me. I just don't think you can ignore them as being great fighters.

jon jones is the biggest case of what if. since it clear he juiced his whole career but the osp fight.

I don't completely discount a guy for failing a test, but I do discount them a bit. Like I can't ignore cheating, but I still think Lance Armstrong is the best cyclist ever.

I cant even name another

HAHAHA

I LOVE these types of threads, which seem to be ENDLESS lately.

"My favorite guy got busted CHEATING multiple times, but he can't be discounted because of that!"

giphy.gif

Whats worse them defending them or you only bashing cheaters that beat fighters you like (one of whom is one of the biggest cheaters of all time)

Hypocrisy!

look at mlb hall of famers all those guys are worshiped to this day still

I don't completely discount a guy for failing a test, but I do discount them a bit. Like I can't ignore cheating, but I still think Lance Armstrong is the best cyclist ever.

Considering the sport is so inherently dirty and ped use so common. The euros, especially the French were upset that Armstrong was beating them at their owngame, and doing it in stunning fashion ,

I'll give them a 10% discount, that's it. Everyone else pays full price.

look at mlb hall of famers all those guys are worshiped to this day still

I wouldn't go that far. Lotta guys are denied the hall of fame, and guys who used to admired are looked at with scorn

Didn't you mean:

This isn't going to be a popular idea, but I don't think you can just discount a guy that poops.

images.jpeg

At the end of the day this unarmed combat. Fist fighting in a cage while millions of people watch and a lot of money is on the line. You risk getting CTE.

With all that considered, if you aren't cheating you aren't trying hard enough.

Look at the list of fighters that have tested positive. Some goats. Some decent guys. Some gatekeepers. Yes, it is cheating, and I agree with that 100%. But JJ, Silva, hell even Brock had something that made them great. I am going to pick Jones here, because he popped the most, and I am not a fan of him. The guy has never lost a fight. He got a DQ. He had a close one with Gus. I just don't think you can erase an entire career for getting busted for roids. And that is just talking about the guys that have been caught. No one really knows who is on the juice. 4 of the best. Silva, JJ, Fedor, GSP. I cannot say this list is any different because 2 popped. Overturn the tainted wins, fine them, suspend them. All that is ok with me. I just don't think you can ignore them as being great fighters.

Sure, but that's precisely what happens. I don't know anybody who ignores them.

Nobody thinks they're not good fighters. But if you're cheating, and it can't be proven your opponents were, then obviously that diminishes your accomplishments.

Basically this. I consider wins/losses, making weight, staying healthy and passing drug tests as factors in how I evaluate a fighters career. All that said, nothing works against you more than losing, especially if you get finished (in terms of goat status) imo.

I don't care if a guy cheats, as long as he doesn't get caught. Do as much illegal shit as you can get away with, if you don't get busted then it's not illegal. Simple as that.

<{monica}>

"It's not what you know. It's what you can prove!"

Considering what we have learned recently about performance decline since USADA, one cannot trivialize PEDs.

You don’t understand how sherdog works do you?

You gotta realize some haters here are so emotionally invested in certain fighters that they’re just waiting for them to stumble in some way so that they can have a reason to discredit them.

For example no one is gonna discredited Nogs legacy for pissing hot, or Brian Ortegas, or Josh Barnett’s.

But guys like Jonesy and Anderson get crucified because it’s a way to distract from the goat thing.

Sherdog doesn’t care about being reasonable, most are just looking for any excuse to bury a fighter they dislike while blindly nitriding their favourites.

How many of Anderson's opponents popped? Does that put them on even ground?

And as for Jones, I think the eye poking is worse for his legacy than the PEDs.
Exactly. If you have to poke in every fight to get an advantage your a dirty cheater. He is the worst in history in that category and that enough to take him out of goat talks. Imagine fedor or gsp pulling that shit every fight.

but I still think Lance Armstrong is the best cyclist ever.

That's because you've never heard of Eddie mercx, fausto coppi, Bernard hinault, jacques anquetil...

Lance isn't even top five greatest if he kept all of his tour wins

Back