This is why you all need to STFU before a fight

In this specific case it's not about cognitive dissonance.

One the one hand, his implementing this strategy was fairly obvious just watching at the fight. On the other hand, based on experience, Floyd does respect his opponents after he's done with them. We don't even need to bring speculation about his caring about his legacy, hence the necessity to make this fight a worthy challenge to deserve the 50-0 mark. Because he just said what he always says in similar contexts.

Floyd said specifically that he thought he would stop Conor in the 6th or 7th round and that it took longer than they planned, in exactly the same context as explaining that his strategy was to let Conor tire himself out. So it is mental gymnastics to claim that everything that happened in the fight was all part of Floyd's master plan, and that any credit he gave Conor was just meaningless platitudes, when Floyd specifically related those two things together and stated that not everything went exactly to his plan, even if in general it worked. People aren't even just taking Floyd's word for how the fight played out as fact, but a twisted version that ignores half of what he said.

My personal opinion, and this is not a fact, is that Floyd is telling the truth that his strategy was to let Conor tire himself out, and that's why he was happy to concede early rounds, but that meant blocking and evading punches - not the same as letting Conor hit him, like some are trying to twist it. Being content to concede rounds is not the same as deliberately losing them - had Conor been worse, Floyd could still implement that strategy and won the rounds. Floyd was still aware that Conor is an accomplished professional combat sports athlete with decent power - 'letting' him land any clean punches would make Floyd a complete moron risking his entire legacy vs a debut boxer and Floyd is far from an idiot when it comes to boxing. I think Conor's unorthodox style mixed in with Floyd's age, lack of motivation and a gameplan that involved periods of deliberate inactivity followed by periods of unusual aggression was what made the fight play out like it did. But it takes two to tango, and Floyd got hit more than he anticipated, with Conor displaying some respectable, if hardly amazing, boxing technique. I could be wrong though.

i never liked floyd but he does have his good points and one of those is being respectful to opponents when a fight is over, he also said Pac was the best he fought, which couldn't really be true but it's a nice thing to say. I still think Mayweather just let conor do wanted to let him do and could have ended it pretty much any time. I think he held back, didn't fight too defensively and closed the show when he figured it was enough. It's not easy to fight like that, it's not easy to carry people, believe me, i stopped sparring guys because the experience level of the guys i was around was just never really that deep and so, it would be wrong to hurt these guys and i felt it was wrong to let myself just be defensless against them. You ever play with a little kid? they get carried away, poke you in the eyes, bite you, and because you are the adult, you let them get away with it? but, it still hurts and unless you want to whip their little asses you let em get away with it. that's what it's like dealing with inexperienced, clutzy, stiff fighters. It's not fun, floyd did what he could, made sure no one bitched about getting ripped off by how uncompetitive it was and he won. floyd hasn'[t said that but Jeff has.

Yeah sometimes when I spar total newbs, I just put my guard up and stand in range in front of them and let them tee off on me because I know they can't hurt me. But because I'm not as alert, total noobs hit me with shots I don't expect.

Floyd said specifically that he thought he would stop Conor in the 6th or 7th round and that it took longer than they planned, in exactly the same context as explaining that his strategy was to let Conor tire himself out. So it is mental gymnastics to claim that everything that happened in the fight was all part of Floyd's master plan, and that any credit he gave Conor was just meaningless platitudes, when Floyd specifically related those two things together and stated that not everything went exactly to his plan, even if in general it worked. People aren't even just taking Floyd's word for how the fight played out as fact, but a twisted version that ignores half of what he said.

Dude, we kind of agree on most points but with all due respect you may be trying a little too hard right here.

Yeah, but MY pre-fight speculation was pretty close <Moves>

Floyd didn't come to fight. He came to get paid and still KOed Connor. Connor had no idea he was just a pawn in Floyd's game.

That's hard to say considering Conor made over 100 million without never having boxed before. If he is a Pawn then pretty much every other boxer in history would love to be a Pawn the way Conor was. Conor in just 5 years went from plumber to getting the world interested in a Floyd fight and still managed to come out of it like a winner because most people think he did a good enough job considering his 0-0 record.

That's hard to say considering Conor made over 100 million without never having boxed before. If he is a Pawn then pretty much every other boxer in history would love to be a Pawn the way Conor was. Conor in just 5 years went from plumber to getting the world interested in a Floyd fight and still managed to come out of it like a winner because most people think he did a good enough job considering his 0-0 record.
That could be the case, but most people dksab.

Loving the mma damage control
I have to say it's very entertaining, when a whole community gets domesticated all in one night

I have to say it's very entertaining, when a whole community gets domesticated all in one night
Can you imagine being that guy who went crazy online wearing a 49-1 t shirt, dumbass.

Other way around. Floyd had no fear and walked Conor down after taking literally everything he could throw, easily. Where was that fearsom power that Conor has that Floyd had to be so worried about....?

Ray Charles could analyze this better than you lol.
Now that he is dead or when he was alive and blind. I agree with either.

Better to try and lose than not try at all I guess. Conor tried and lost. Will Floyd try MMA?

Better to try and lose than not try at all I guess. Conor tried and lost. Will Floyd try MMA?

He already came out of RETIREMENT to knock the shit out of some punk who said he could beat him at his own sport.

Now you want him to UNRETIRE a second time at 40 plus years of age to try a whole new sport?

Connor lost. Move the fuck on. This is just sad.

Connor - Floyd II, naked hopscotch rules.

Let me know when Floyd starts saying hell submit Conor in mma.

Go away.

Back