This is why you all need to STFU before a fight | Page 6

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by BoxingMMA, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Massapiece Purple Belt

Massapiece
    Floyd beat his ass
    Easy work

JeetKunDoGuy likes this.
  2. BoxingMMA Yellow Card

BoxingMMA
    Yes he did but he beat other professional boxers easier than he did Conor, that's all

3. PUO3 You are a can.

PUO3
    Lol.

JohnWick likes this.
  4. Hagler Man of wealth and taste

Hagler
    Connor did the best fight ever against 40yr old Floyd, no dizzle.

5. Seano Hands of bone

Seano
    I have him ranked 22, all time.

6. randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

randomg1t
    name one fight in which floyd started slowly by throwing 6 punches in the first round. go ahead and look up compubox, i'll wait.

like it's been said before, you're confusing entertainment value with performance, the fact that the fight was more fun for you than floyd vs pacman does not mean that conor did better than manny. the fact that this needs to be explained to you multiple times does indicate that you might be an idiot, though.

he didn't give him pitty rounds. he just didn't do shit in those rounds. when he actually started doing anything, it was walking conor down and cleaning his clock. you started a thread telling everyone needs to stfu because they said conor would get raped. did you predict floyd to look like crap? did you predict him to go toe to toe, to walk conor down? to finish him? or did you, like everyone else who hilariously gave conor a chance, claim that either conor knocks floyd out or floyd dances around him to a boring 12 round decision?

i say the people who claimed floyd would eat him alive were a lot closer in their prediction than the idiots who thought conor could win this. so perhaps it's the latter that need to stfu now and forever, not the former.

JohnWick, Jonny Ninja and Marc A like this.
  7. Dr Fong Blue Belt

Dr Fong
    Why are you laughing at a fact?

8. Marc A 2017 is my year

Marc A
    Another fact
    Conor was stopped by a 40 year old man who hasn't had a ko in nearly 10 years

A 40 year old man !!!!! Retired !!!!

Man , some people really take everyone is a winner mentality aka mediocre too far

Kovalev's "Man Bag" likes this.
  9. PUO3 You are a can.

PUO3
    It was a playful sham. The moment he turned the switch on Conor got fucking worked in totally lopsided fashion.

Big fan of his myself, I dont get why thats hard for his fan base to admit. Its so blatantly obvious that Floyd toyed with him.

Marc A, JohnWick and Jonny Ninja like this.
  10. aries Red Belt

aries
    I think some of his fan base just really didn't see that happening. They saw Mayweather getting caught with a few shots and thought that Conors doing well and Mayweather got old. I sort of thought that at first admittedly UNTIL Mayweather put it into second gear and just started to dominate him with ease. Then I knew that Floyd had been toying with him.

Marc A likes this.
  11. PUO3 You are a can.

PUO3
    If youve never seen Floyd fight before then I could understand believing it really played out that way.

But even a highlight reel shows that it was nothing but a game. He even fought in a manner hes literally never done before and kicked the shit out of him.

Its no biggie either. No one should have logically thought Conor would win or do well.

JohnWick and Shoemaker like this.
  12. Marc A 2017 is my year

Marc A
    I admit I was suckered, I thought age would play a factor , until you saw him fight .

It was a real life great white hype remake

13. Dr Fong Blue Belt

Dr Fong
    Conjecture. Speculation. Opinion - not facts.

14. Seano Hands of bone

Seano
    Thats exactly what it was too. Floyd starting feinting a bit in the second or third round and it was all downhill for Conor after that.

15. PUO3 You are a can.

PUO3
    Did exactly what he said he was going to do - facts.

Hagler and JeetKunDoGuy like this.
  16. JohnWick The Baba Yaga

JohnWick
  17. Dr Fong Blue Belt

Dr Fong
    You seem to struggle with the concept of facts. Floyd's version of events is not a fact. Nobody is arguing that Floyd wasn't in control - they are saying that Conor did better against Floyd than some previous opponents. There are reasons for this, but it's a fact - a fact that seems to be causing cognitive dissonance for many people on this forum.

18. stuff jones Purple Belt

stuff jones
    Likewise if a child had done better playfighting vs Floyd than any other boxer that would be a fact too. Facts without context don't count for much.

Marc A likes this.
  19. Hagler Man of wealth and taste

Hagler
    People are entitled to brag about McGregor's getting TKOed by a 40yrs old, outsized, retired and sloppy version of Floyd. Because basically, it could always have been worse, and Floyd wrecked quite a few guys years ago.

Other people are entiled to say that's not worth bragging about, and that we've never seen this very specific version of Floyd fight any pro boxer, hence McGregor's doing better than pro boxers against him is questionable.

God, this is a long discussion.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  20. Dr Fong Blue Belt

Dr Fong
    False equivalency. This was a professional boxing match, and we have no absolutely no basis for speculating that either fighter wasn't trying to win - it has nothing to do with your scenario. The 'context' you are referring to is just pure conjecture - people are taking as if they know what was going on in Floyd's mind. I'm not here to speculate about why Floyd or Conor performed the way they did, I just find it ridiculous that people are so sure of a constructed narrative that may or may not be true.

People can believe what they want to believe, and this thread is a testament to people's stubborn refusal to believe anything other than what they want to believe. But people are entitled to their own opinions, not their own facts.