This is why you all need to STFU before a fight

You are hilariously confusing entertainment value with actual performance.

Spot on. First guy floyd has stopped since Ortiz, while fighting completely out of character.

This is delusional, conor did no better or worse than Pac, better than Berto, better than Guerrero and Ortiz and this fight was more entertaining than Canelo as well. Keep telling yourself what you want to hear, I don't give a shit but conor vs floyd was better than all those other "real fights" because conor had no fear and took it to Floyd

It only was entertaining because the greatest defensive fighter of this generation, old, retired and with brittle fist, changed his whole strategy to stay flat-footed and walked down a guy 20lbs heavier, didn't evade but took all the sloppy "mythical touch of death" punches of your mma hero to counter and bounced his head at will.

Your delusional posts are quite entertaining.

It only was entertaining because the greatest defensive fighter of this generation, old, retired and with brittle fist, changed his whole strategy to stay flat-footed and walked down a guy 20lbs heavier, didn't evade but took all the sloppy "mythical touch of death" punches of your mma hero to counter and bounced his head at will.

This.

Mayweather has fought as a conservative, jabbing, footwork-intensive, counter-punching boxer for the last ten years to purposely play it safe against his opponents. Years of abuse have made his fists fragile enough that he switched over from Cleto Reyes to Grants in his fights to protect his hands. His last KO came against Victor Ortiz almost six years ago.

He didn't even respect McGregor enough to do that.

Mayweather fought like an old, out of shape journeyman last night. He was flat-footed, completely abandoned his vaunted shell defense, barely jabbed, and moved forward for almost the entire fight. He ate some of McGregor's best punches using this completely different style and still kept backing McGregor up. I repeat: he purposely fought an inferior style and ate McGregor's best shots. Despite all of this, he continuously backed McGregor up with his own power shots and eventually got the stoppage.

McGregor was bigger than him.
McGregor was younger than him.
Mayweather had been retired for two years and allegedly sparred less because of his age.

And he still imposed his will on McGregor and beat him in a way we haven't seen in half a decade, using a style he never uses.

But hey, I guess if I were to race Usain Bolt while he sidestepped the entire 100 meters, I should get credit for keeping it close, too?

ts ranting, lost a lot of money betting on mcg
I bet $100 when the odds were first out at around +800 for McG to win in anyway....I knew it was unlikely so no way would I risk more than that...

Still sucked losing the bill but...its not slit wrist type loss lol.

Damn, you guys clearly live in your own personal bubble.

Thankfully the media in general is giving conor a lot of props, so are fighters in both sports, so who really cares about a bunch of people in a forum.

I really hope Conor fights Khabib next

This is delusional, conor did no better or worse than Pac, better than Berto, better than Guerrero and Ortiz and this fight was more entertaining than Canelo as well. Keep telling yourself what you want to hear, I don't give a shit but conor vs floyd was better than all those other "real fights" because conor had no fear and took it to Floyd
i have to agree with you, many times, top fighters in a sport are so well versed on how good another fighter is that they are beaten before they even start. at least conor took his shots with limited exp and skill.

Damn, you guys clearly live in your own personal bubble.

Thankfully the media in general is giving conor a lot of props, so are fighters in both sports, so who really cares about a bunch of people in a forum.

I really hope Conor fights Khabib next

Lots of us regular have been giving him props. He had a nice jab and made weight and tried to box instead of "MMA" for the most part. You are only seeing what you want to see. If that was his actual pro-debut in boxing like it should have been it would have been a 4 round fight and I would have had him winning.

Takes a real fucking tool though to try and discredit the winner for winning by knockout.

Hardly any boxing fans said this.
i saw manny quoted as saying that mcgregor wouldn't land a meaningful punch, he got in one good uppercut in the first round.

i saw manny quoted as saying that mcgregor wouldn't land a meaningful punch, he got in one good uppercut in the first round.

Yeah but he ran out of magic seawater before the Horn fight and hasn't been making sense since.

mayweather sure is advertising the fuck outta his titty bar ain't he?

It was pretty obvious Mayweather was going to have some trouble early due to conor's size and output but when he got tired Floyd would take over. Conor was gasping for air after round 3, I am surprised he lasted that long after 3 but he still landed more shots than pacman did and almost as much as canelo and the fight was certainly much more entertaining than those two.

Was Floyd older and slower in this fight than he was against those other two champs?

Sure but then again we're talking about a 0-0 opponent, so it should even out.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19643279

You do, obviously.

You're also a guy in a forum, BTW.

Connor posed no threat. Floyd walked through his punches and walked him down which he wouldn't have done against his recent opponents because they do pose a threat! He'll run back to mma with his tail between his legs. Maybe he'll defend his fckin belt finaly. You're embarrassing yourself trying to pass this off as competitive.

Truth hurts, I know
Your observations suck.

Floyd walked towards Conor and Conor could only land 28 percent of his shots? That's ridiculous, he didn't throw one significant punch the entire fight, and hinted that Floyd coming towards him threw him off, or imo intimidated him

There was as much nonsense this side of the forum as on the other. It was as ridiculous to think Conor would win as it was to think Floyd would not get hit once and destroy him easily. There's a reason everyone is congratulating Conor, because he did better than expected. By everyone I mean the media, respectable boxing fans, MMA fans. Not... the people here.

But the other lovely ray of insight that we got from these forums was how "Real boxing" was the Cotto fight (Floyd's was more competitive, a judge gave Cotto 12 rounds) and of course, Canelo/Golovkin, which I am willing to bet some money right here and now that it will be even less competitive that Floyd Vs Conor.

Floyd Vs Conor was fun because it was an MMA fighter who knows how to box against a great boxer who isn't what he was in his prime. It was the ultimate "what if" scenario. The result? An entertaining fight with a spirited attempt from Conor, who deserves all the credit for fighting Floyd in his arena. Credit everyone is giving him except of course, shertards.

It's true, Floyd did look like shit, he looked every bit his age indicates but he was fighting a guy who never boxed before in his life, so age shouldn't be that big of an issue.

The reality is the overall mindset after the fight is Floyd was always going to win but Conor was much better than expected and the fight was worth the money. You have Conor to thank For Floyd finally giving a fight his fans are proud of.

There was as much nonsense this side of the forum as on the other. It was as ridiculous to think Conor would win as it was to think Floyd would not get hit once and destroy him easily. There's a reason everyone is congratulating Conor, because he did better than expected. By everyone I mean the media, respectable boxing fans, MMA fans. Not... the people here.

But the other lovely ray of insight that we got from these forums was how "Real boxing" was the Cotto fight (Floyd's was more competitive, a judge gave Cotto 12 rounds) and of course, Canelo/Golovkin, which I am willing to bet some money right here and now that it will be even less competitive that Floyd Vs Conor.

Floyd Vs Conor was fun because it was an MMA fighter who knows how to box against a great boxer who isn't what he was in his prime. It was the ultimate "what if" scenario. The result? An entertaining fight with a spirited attempt from Conor, who deserves all the credit for fighting Floyd in his arena. Credit everyone is giving him except of course, shertards.

It's true, Floyd did look like shit, he looked every bit his age indicates but he was fighting a guy who never boxed before in his life, so age shouldn't be that big of an issue.

The reality is the overall mindset after the fight is Floyd was always going to win but Conor was much better than expected and the fight was worth the money. You have Conor to thank For Floyd finally giving a fight his fans are proud of.
Floyd made the fight exciting. Conor ran and held, just like you MMA guys have said Floyd does for years.

Floyd purposefully looked "like shit." You can't honestly think that it was McGregor's skillset that limited Mayweather to 20 some odd punches in the first round.

The reason Conor is getting props is that he tried to fight like a real boxer rather than do some goofy MMA stuff that has no place in a boxing ring, he had a decent jab and head movement in the beginning and, when Mayweather finally took him to the tool shed, he still tried to fight back rather than cower.

I'm sorry your understanding of boxing is limited to what ESPN tells you, but McGregor had no business being in that ring and Mayweather made sure to prove it in the most low-key emasculating way possible.

Floyd purposefully looked "like shit." You can't honestly think that it was McGregor's skillset that limited Mayweather to 20 some odd punches in the first round.

The reason Conor is getting props is that he tried to fight like a real boxer rather than do some goofy MMA stuff that has no place in a boxing ring, he had a decent jab and head movement in the beginning and, when Mayweather finally took him to the tool shed, he still tried to fight back rather than cower.

I'm sorry your understanding of boxing is limited to what ESPN tells you, but McGregor had no business being in that ring and Mayweather made sure to prove it in the most low-key emasculating way possible.

Your age and maturity show by the fact that you feel compelled to end posts with some sort of stupid insult instead of just posting your point and getting it over with.

I will play on the same level though.

If I based my knowledge on what ESPN/Media tells me, I would think Conor would never land a single punch, which is what everybody was saying. Still, it is better to base my knowledge on people who do that for a living than on a bunch of nobodies behind a keyboard with hero complex.

Conor won the first 3 rounds in a judge's card, every single commentator who was highly critical of Conor said he did more than expected, he even landed more shots than the mighty Paquiao (because Conor had no fear attacking, Pacman did) and even CNN (fake news I am sure you will reply) ran a piece on how the fight was money well spent and Mac did good.

Conor may have had no business being in that right with Floyd but neither did Pac, Guerrero, Ortiz and Berto. Basically just another Floyd victory, only this contender made it fun and wasn't even a boxer and would obviously demolish Floyd in his own sport but didn't even stoop low enough to say that in the post fight interview, he knows the world knows he was taking a gamble, made a ton of money and everyone was proud of him.

There is not one single disappointed Macgregor fan out there, in fact they all want to see him fight Khabib in December (a much tougher fight than Floyd, believe me, if you don't like conor at all, watch that fight, he might get fucking pummeled) and Floyd showed he really needs to retire for good now.

Everyone won, even the fans, which is something never happens in a Floyd fight.

I am happy.

Back