This is why you all need to STFU before a fight

Watched the Cotto fight at 4 am (HBO replay) after the hoopla died down, drunk with everyone gone and my gf laying on me. How's that for realness?

Night fellas.
Hope you got a handy j bro.

So that's a thing now?

Saying Connor knocked himself out because he was so tired?

That isn't even grasping at straws. That is like grasping at the paper wrappers that once held straws.

Take a lesson from your cardioless master and admit defeat then thank people for letting you spend a few months involved in a real sport and kindly fuck the fuck off.

it does, and this is the truth: floyd looked like garbage, and to say conor did better than anyone since the castillo fight is misleading. you're trying to insinuate conor is better than canelo because floyd owned alvarez and lost rounds to conor. but the floyd who fought canelo bitshlaps conor into being "just a little fatigued" in the first few rounds, not in the 10th.

conor did a lot better than anyone expected, but floyd looked a lot worse, too. apparently conor fans will simply disregard the fact that mcgregor was finished, too. that doesn't matter, as long as he wasn't destroyed in the first round like boxing fans predicted, conor fans were right even though they predicted conor would knock him out or floyd would win a boring decision.

and cotto vs kamegai was 10 times the fight this shitshow managed to produce.
I agree Floyd had no footwork left he was basically fighting conor sans feet.

Connor got stopped. The only opponents he might have done better than are guys Floyd stopped faster.

You don't get credit for having the shitty strategy of blowing your wad before the fight ends.

Floyd will destroy him!

Conor will NOT land one punch!

This fight is a circus! I will not pay for this SHIT! At least it has Davis in the undercard, that could be good! Fuck the main event!

Conor has no boxing fundamentals! This will be the worst humiliation since bla bla bla.

Real fans will watch REAL BOXING when Cotto fights Kamegai! REALNESS!!!!

These are not just things the majority of the boxing aficionados in this site said but also pro boxers, ex pro boxers and so called professionals like Kellerman and Lampley to name a few (I like them both btw)

And what the fuck happens?

Floyd destroys no one, instead, as us who at some point have boxed or know the sport said, Conor will be competitive until he gets tired and almost falls down on his own.

Conor lands, actually, even more than pacman did and even some sweet counters.

The circus fight ends up being the most entertaining (AND COMPETITIVE) of the fucking night, Davis embarrassed himself with his antics and won with a fucking foul, Cleverly didn't do shit, etc. The main event SAVED THIS CARD.

Conor shows to have more than enough boxing fundamentals to make it interesting against an aging legend who is clearly not at his best (But this May would still embarrass Berto, Ortiz, Guerrero and Pacman)

Oh, and those who were so high and mighty with their real boxing that decided not to watch and instead watch the HBO megasuperfight between Cotto and Kamegai... THAT FIGHT SUCKED DICK. The Circus fight between the untouchable destructor monster VS the amateur boxer that can't throw a correct punch to save his life, happened to be way, WAY better and competitive than this piece of shit fight that only catered to.. I don't know who! No real boxing fan gives a shit about Cotto vs Kamegai because that fight means absolutely nothing in the current boxing landscape! Cotto vs GGG? Are you fucking serious? Cotto never wanted that fight when he was champ, if he goes for that now it will only be to collect a paycheck and retire.

I am a boxing fan first, always have, always will, my dad took me to vegas to see Chavez, Camacho, Tyson, etc. MMA was something I got into after boxing but I've been watching it since UFC 1 and I also love it and never compare either sport, I also love kickboxing and used to adore watching K1, sadly Glory, as much as they try to keep the fire alive, doesn't have the same feeling.

When Pride was going strong, with epic fights (Nog vs Cro Cop, Fedor Vs whoever, Saku vs Godzilla, Bob Sapp vs a Whale, etc.) plus shit like Lennox Lewis vs Tyson and other fights going on, that was easily the best moment to be a fight fan in my opinion, I've never understood why people have the need to hate or bash one to love the other. It is pretty clear that Floyd is the better boxer, we all knew that! It is also pretty clear that if Floyd fights conor in MMA, even if he trains MMA for a year, he would probably drop from the firt few leg kicks and those initial shots that landed in the boxing match wouldn't be as easy to take/block with 4oz gloves.

They are different sports, Conor was fighting with less than half of the things he knows how to do in a fight while Floyd was fighting with everything he knows how to do at his disposal.

I am proud of Conor, the guy did not embarrass himself. Maidana (1) has been the only fight where for a while I felt Mayweather wasn't in Control ever since the Castillo fight. Not Canelo, not Pacman. Conor gave everyone that feeling for a couple of rounds today. Yes, Mayweather is not the Mayweather of old but this is till a long way from the "won't land a shot, will get murdered" nonsense.

It was a good PPV and I am glad Floyd ended in a high note because Berto was fucking bullshit.

You think the fight was competitive!??? A guy the size of a SMW with scary mythical power being walked down by a ww with little spite in his punchs from round 4? It was embarrassing and no where near competitive. Floyd fought in a way he would never have done against similar sized fighters because he didn't respect Connor in the ring!

Connor chased a money fight (not a dangerous fight) in boxing and was too arrogant to respect the skills of the sport, a sport that he has been involved in for most of his life ffs! Connor was too interested in media opportunities than actually getting the best people in to help him improve as a boxer! The fight was a one sided mismatch in favour of a middle aged, retired, far smaller fighter who has clearly lost some speed and reactions in his last 2 years.

Last edited:
Floyd destroys no one.

Must have missed the fight, let me fill you in
$

$

So that's a thing now?

That isn't even grasping at straws. That is like grasping at the paper wrappers that once held straws.

Take a lesson from your cardioless master and admit defeat then thank people for letting you spend a few months involved in a real sport and kindly fuck the fuck off.
The worst part of this is that I came out of the fight with a little more respect for McGregor than I had going in but UFC fans have me rethinking it.

A comment at the bottom of this thread made me read this wall of bullshit.

Your dude lost, anyone with a brain knew he would. Boxing isn't his sport, this was free cash for gambling degenerates. Deal with it.

I am extremely satisfied when a load of lunatics bet the farm on someone who has never competed professionally in the sport before. Floyd and Conor trolled you good, take your spanking and walk on by.

So that's a thing now?

<45><45><45>

I thoroughly enjoyed these. Well done gentlemen.

Also, didn't bother to read all that nonsense. Probably like most others, I quit after about three sentences.

The worst part of this is that I came out of the fight with a little more respect for McGregor than I had going in but UFC fans have me rethinking it.

He did a fine job for his pro debut. He was dirty but waaay cleaner than I actually expected him to be. He tried to jab and box instead of just maul like I thought he would. He showed all kinds of heart despite having no kinds of lungs. He was ridiculously outclassed by the end of the fight obviously but that is what we all knew would happen. He's a decent fighter even if he's a shit boxer. He showed some class in the ring during and after the fight which I didn't think was possible considering all the press stuff he did before the fight.

Good for him overall.

He did a fine job for his pro debut. He was dirty but waaay cleaner than I actually expected him to be. He tried to jab and box instead of just maul like I thought he would. He showed all kinds of heart despite having no kinds of lungs. He was ridiculously outclassed by the end of the fight obviously but that is what we all knew would happen. He's a decent fighter even if he's a shit boxer. He showed some class in the ring during and after the fight which I didn't think was possible considering all the press stuff he did before the fight.

Good for him overall.
Well, I've gone back and watched the fight a couple of times and once you know the outcome, its pretty clear that Floyd was playing with him from the beginning of the second round on.

All Floyd knew about Conor that was relevant to this fight was that he had a shitty gas tank. He knew nothing more about Conor's skills. So what did he do? Took that one thing and used it against him. Unusual Floyd performance but typical of how he breaks down his opponent.

Well, I've gone back and watched the fight a couple of times and once you know the outcome, its pretty clear that Floyd was playing with him from the beginning of the second round on.

All Floyd knew about Conor that was relevant to this fight was that he had a shitty gas tank. He knew nothing more about Conor's skills. So what did he do? Took that one thing and used it against him. Unusual Floyd performance but typical of how he breaks down his opponent.

I saw it again this morning. Yup I think once he knew what he had in front of him he knew exactly what to do. Connor was clearly trying to conserve energy by throwing mostly pity pat punches so Floyd had to go forward and make him keep punching and letting him wrestle just to fuck his gas tank up even more. Floyd fight in a way that would help Connor gas and it worked beautifully.

Holy shit dude, plus Juan. After the fight, I saw the potential of maybe liking Conor in the future (if he at least fixes his cardio) but fuck if his fans aren't making it next to impossible to give him a chance.

It shows the level of class you posses when a 0-0 boxer gives Floyd some trouble even Floyd himself admits he was better than expected yet all you all can do is keep making shit up about Floyds imaginary mike Tyson like destruction of Conor Mcgregor.

To say Floyd was going to dominate all rounds and not even get punched once was as unrealistic as saying Conor was going to win. When you boys grow up and abandon your hero worship complex then you will learn to pay respect where it is due.

It shows the level of class you posses when a 0-0 boxer gives Floyd some trouble even Floyd himself admits he was better than expected yet all you all can do is keep making shit up about Floyds imaginary mike Tyson like destruction of Conor Mcgregor.

To say Floyd was going to dominate all rounds and not even get punched once was as unrealistic as saying Conor was going to win. When you boys grow up and abandon your hero worship complex then you will learn to pay respect where it is due.
He didnt give him trouble. Floyd played with his food for a spectacle. The moment Floyd threw back Conor was fucked. He literally had no idea what to do when Floyd let his hands go and started walking him down.

The most defensive fighter of our generation and well known and disliked for his lack of power/finishing fought entirely flat footed, ate everything Conor could throw with hilarious ease, walked him down and beat the dog shit out of him.

Respect to Conor for even doing it but you are truly delusional.

He didnt give him trouble. Floyd played with his food for a spectacle. The moment Floyd threw back Conor was fucked. He literally had no idea what to do when Floyd let his hands go and started walking him down.

The most defensive fighter of our generation and well known and disliked for his lack of power/finishing fought entirely flat footed, ate everything Conor could throw with hilarious ease, walked him down and beat the dog shit out of him.

Respect to Conor for even doing it but you are truly delusional.

This is delusional, conor did no better or worse than Pac, better than Berto, better than Guerrero and Ortiz and this fight was more entertaining than Canelo as well. Keep telling yourself what you want to hear, I don't give a shit but conor vs floyd was better than all those other "real fights" because conor had no fear and took it to Floyd

Floyd will destroy him!

Conor will NOT land one punch!

This fight is a circus! I will not pay for this SHIT! At least it has Davis in the undercard, that could be good! Fuck the main event!

Conor has no boxing fundamentals! This will be the worst humiliation since bla bla bla.

Real fans will watch REAL BOXING when Cotto fights Kamegai! REALNESS!!!!

These are not just things the majority of the boxing aficionados in this site said but also pro boxers, ex pro boxers and so called professionals like Kellerman and Lampley to name a few (I like them both btw)

And what the fuck happens?

Floyd destroys no one, instead, as us who at some point have boxed or know the sport said, Conor will be competitive until he gets tired and almost falls down on his own.

Conor lands, actually, even more than pacman did and even some sweet counters.

The circus fight ends up being the most entertaining (AND COMPETITIVE) of the fucking night, Davis embarrassed himself with his antics and won with a fucking foul, Cleverly didn't do shit, etc. The main event SAVED THIS CARD.

Conor shows to have more than enough boxing fundamentals to make it interesting against an aging legend who is clearly not at his best (But this May would still embarrass Berto, Ortiz, Guerrero and Pacman)

Oh, and those who were so high and mighty with their real boxing that decided not to watch and instead watch the HBO megasuperfight between Cotto and Kamegai... THAT FIGHT SUCKED DICK. The Circus fight between the untouchable destructor monster VS the amateur boxer that can't throw a correct punch to save his life, happened to be way, WAY better and competitive than this piece of shit fight that only catered to.. I don't know who! No real boxing fan gives a shit about Cotto vs Kamegai because that fight means absolutely nothing in the current boxing landscape! Cotto vs GGG? Are you fucking serious? Cotto never wanted that fight when he was champ, if he goes for that now it will only be to collect a paycheck and retire.

I am a boxing fan first, always have, always will, my dad took me to vegas to see Chavez, Camacho, Tyson, etc. MMA was something I got into after boxing but I've been watching it since UFC 1 and I also love it and never compare either sport, I also love kickboxing and used to adore watching K1, sadly Glory, as much as they try to keep the fire alive, doesn't have the same feeling.

When Pride was going strong, with epic fights (Nog vs Cro Cop, Fedor Vs whoever, Saku vs Godzilla, Bob Sapp vs a Whale, etc.) plus shit like Lennox Lewis vs Tyson and other fights going on, that was easily the best moment to be a fight fan in my opinion, I've never understood why people have the need to hate or bash one to love the other. It is pretty clear that Floyd is the better boxer, we all knew that! It is also pretty clear that if Floyd fights conor in MMA, even if he trains MMA for a year, he would probably drop from the firt few leg kicks and those initial shots that landed in the boxing match wouldn't be as easy to take/block with 4oz gloves.

They are different sports, Conor was fighting with less than half of the things he knows how to do in a fight while Floyd was fighting with everything he knows how to do at his disposal.

I am proud of Conor, the guy did not embarrass himself. Maidana (1) has been the only fight where for a while I felt Mayweather wasn't in Control ever since the Castillo fight. Not Canelo, not Pacman. Conor gave everyone that feeling for a couple of rounds today. Yes, Mayweather is not the Mayweather of old but this is till a long way from the "won't land a shot, will get murdered" nonsense.

It was a good PPV and I am glad Floyd ended in a high note because Berto was fucking bullshit.
Grow up

This is delusional, conor did no better or worse than Pac, better than Berto, better than Guerrero and Ortiz and this fight was more entertaining than Canelo as well. Keep telling yourself what you want to hear, I don't give a shit but conor vs floyd was better than all those other "real fights" because conor had no fear and took it to Floyd

Getting fucking clobber-stopped is doing better than going the distance and seeing what the judges say?

You are hilariously confusing entertainment value with actual performance.

Connor did worse than every single fighter Floyd has ever gone the distance with no matter what the fuck you delude yourself into thinking.

When you get KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT it doesn't matter if you won all the rounds or lost all the rounds because you got knocked the fuck out.

I remember a lot of people saying beforehand that Conor was going to knock Floyd out in the first 4 rounds and that didn't exactly turn out either.
People with the same mentality as Tyron Woodley.

Other way around. Floyd had no fear and walked Conor down after taking literally everything he could throw, easily. Where was that fearsom power that Conor has that Floyd had to be so worried about....?

Ray Charles could analyze this better than you lol.

Actually Canner took it...as in balls deep...the only time he did anything was when it was an illegal blow...keep harping like a harpy you stupid fook...

Back