This is why you all need to STFU before a fight

If something this fight showed us how scorecards at the end of a boxing contest come completely different than the reality.

Boxing contest. I will stop calling it a fight.

Didn't read but I was laughing my arse off at floyd just walking through this so called "big left hand" and the " power of Conor" lol. He was straight up just walking through this big punching MMA goof lol.

Floyd beat the shit out of him and walked through everything Conor had.

Not sure how getting your ass kicked equates to a victory.

Didn't read but I was laughing my arse off at floyd just walking through this so called "big left hand" and the " power of Conor" lol. He was straight up just walking through this big punching MMA goof lol.

To me that showed the big difference between boxing and MMA conditioning. Conor never really seemed to try and throw with much power, I reckon he was concerned with lasting the distance, which he couldn't do anyway. Conor has power I'm pretty sure but not close to the conditioning required. Nate Diaz fighting Floyd would have been more interesting, I think Nate would have the conditioning to go 12, certainly not the skill though.

Floyd beat the shit out of him and walked through everything Conor had.

Not sure how getting your ass kicked equates to a victory.
It was carnage bro, floy gave zero shits about Conor's power, didn't even try to cut off the ring, and fucked him up. This delusional argument, from both sides, that take a top fighter from either sport and they might win is getting tiresome.

Tyson fury would flatten Bork laser using Marquess of Queensbury, Bork would wreck most boxing heavyweights with no takedown defense. Why the fuck people even think it's a topic worth raising is weird. Conor wakes up today with a sore head and a fat bank account. Floyd now has more cash and broke Marcianos record. Win for anyone involved financially.

The touch of death, lol.

Now we can go back to real boxing , GGG by stoppage.

When you have something approaching a sensible argument come back. Otherwise stop being a dribbling idiot. Conor got stopped by a man who the whole heavies were saying would lose, has crap hands and runs the whole time. Instead he fucked Conor up. Oops. Now
Go whack off to tank abbot or whatever is the thing that makes you feel special.

Do people misunderstand the concept of Carrying ? Floyd Mayweather Carried Conor the last 3 rounds easily also the supposedly bigger puncher got walked down and knocked out by a guy who was been criticized for being overly defensive.

Do people misunderstand the concept of Carrying ? Floyd Mayweather Carried Conor the last 3 rounds easily also the supposedly bigger puncher got walked down and knocked out by a guy who was been criticized for being overly defensive.
If Floyd came out and beat the piss out of him early, you would hear nothing but criticism of the matchmaking. Floyd got the win, those of us who bet stoppage are happy. Nobody needs to defend mcgregor. He got outboxed by one of the best of all time in his first pro fight.

Not really a surprise.

Watched the Cotto fight at 4 am (HBO replay) after the hoopla died down, drunk with everyone gone and my gf laying on me. How's that for realness?

Night fellas.

Wait, TS thinks Conor could beat Canelo?

(I didn't read all that meltdown shit)

Floyd will destroy him!

Conor will NOT land one punch!

This fight is a circus! I will not pay for this SHIT! At least it has Davis in the undercard, that could be good! Fuck the main event!

Conor has no boxing fundamentals! This will be the worst humiliation since bla bla bla.

Real fans will watch REAL BOXING when Cotto fights Kamegai! REALNESS!!!!

These are not just things the majority of the boxing aficionados in this site said but also pro boxers, ex pro boxers and so called professionals like Kellerman and Lampley to name a few (I like them both btw)

And what the fuck happens?

Floyd destroys no one, instead, as us who at some point have boxed or know the sport said, Conor will be competitive until he gets tired and almost falls down on his own.

Conor lands, actually, even more than pacman did and even some sweet counters.

The circus fight ends up being the most entertaining (AND COMPETITIVE) of the fucking night, Davis embarrassed himself with his antics and won with a fucking foul, Cleverly didn't do shit, etc. The main event SAVED THIS CARD.

Conor shows to have more than enough boxing fundamentals to make it interesting against an aging legend who is clearly not at his best (But this May would still embarrass Berto, Ortiz, Guerrero and Pacman)

Oh, and those who were so high and mighty with their real boxing that decided not to watch and instead watch the HBO megasuperfight between Cotto and Kamegai... THAT FIGHT SUCKED DICK. The Circus fight between the untouchable destructor monster VS the amateur boxer that can't throw a correct punch to save his life, happened to be way, WAY better and competitive than this piece of shit fight that only catered to.. I don't know who! No real boxing fan gives a shit about Cotto vs Kamegai because that fight means absolutely nothing in the current boxing landscape! Cotto vs GGG? Are you fucking serious? Cotto never wanted that fight when he was champ, if he goes for that now it will only be to collect a paycheck and retire.

I am a boxing fan first, always have, always will, my dad took me to vegas to see Chavez, Camacho, Tyson, etc. MMA was something I got into after boxing but I've been watching it since UFC 1 and I also love it and never compare either sport, I also love kickboxing and used to adore watching K1, sadly Glory, as much as they try to keep the fire alive, doesn't have the same feeling.

When Pride was going strong, with epic fights (Nog vs Cro Cop, Fedor Vs whoever, Saku vs Godzilla, Bob Sapp vs a Whale, etc.) plus shit like Lennox Lewis vs Tyson and other fights going on, that was easily the best moment to be a fight fan in my opinion, I've never understood why people have the need to hate or bash one to love the other. It is pretty clear that Floyd is the better boxer, we all knew that! It is also pretty clear that if Floyd fights conor in MMA, even if he trains MMA for a year, he would probably drop from the firt few leg kicks and those initial shots that landed in the boxing match wouldn't be as easy to take/block with 4oz gloves.

They are different sports, Conor was fighting with less than half of the things he knows how to do in a fight while Floyd was fighting with everything he knows how to do at his disposal.

I am proud of Conor, the guy did not embarrass himself. Maidana (1) has been the only fight where for a while I felt Mayweather wasn't in Control ever since the Castillo fight. Not Canelo, not Pacman. Conor gave everyone that feeling for a couple of rounds today. Yes, Mayweather is not the Mayweather of old but this is till a long way from the "won't land a shot, will get murdered" nonsense.

It was a good PPV and I am glad Floyd ended in a high note because Berto was fucking bullshit.
A comment at the bottom of this thread made me read this wall of bullshit.

Your dude lost, anyone with a brain knew he would. Boxing isn't his sport, this was free cash for gambling degenerates. Deal with it.

I am extremely satisfied when a load of lunatics bet the farm on someone who has never competed professionally in the sport before. Floyd and Conor trolled you good, take your spanking and walk on by.

MMA ppl don't understand pressure fighting and how it works. They saw conor land a few punches and say his skill is top notch since mayweather is an elite defensive fighter.

Lets get one thing straight, mayweather wasnt fighting defensively. He hardly bothered to evade conors punches lol. Conor was throwing slow punches with no snap. Did anyone notice the smirk Mayweather had on his face for the first 3 or 4 rounds? If you believe Mayweather was reaching deep into his toolbox for this fight you're delusional.

Connor was being pressured backwards. Floyd wasnt even cutting the ring off, he was walking Connor down. When do you see a 150 lb guy walk down a 170+ lb guy?

I remember a lot of people saying beforehand that Conor was going to knock Floyd out in the first 4 rounds and that didn't exactly turn out either.

I remember a lot of people saying beforehand that Conor was going to knock Floyd out in the first 4 rounds and that didn't exactly turn out either.
Yeah, if you predict yourself to win by first round ko you should maybe throw with bad intentions.

To me that showed the big difference between boxing and MMA conditioning. Conor never really seemed to try and throw with much power, I reckon he was concerned with lasting the distance, which he couldn't do anyway. Conor has power I'm pretty sure but not close to the conditioning required. Nate Diaz fighting Floyd would have been more interesting, I think Nate would have the conditioning to go 12, certainly not the skill though.
This is what I thought as well. Conor does have power but he was just concentrating on landing. Later on when Floyd was in his face his punches didn't have much effect because he can't throw that well on the inside, that's just not his game. It was obvious that Floyd knew that if he stayed close to McGregor that he'd be in no danger at all.

Floyd will destroy him!

Conor will NOT land one punch!

This fight is a circus! I will not pay for this SHIT! At least it has Davis in the undercard, that could be good! Fuck the main event!

Conor has no boxing fundamentals! This will be the worst humiliation since bla bla bla.

Real fans will watch REAL BOXING when Cotto fights Kamegai! REALNESS!!!!

These are not just things the majority of the boxing aficionados in this site said but also pro boxers, ex pro boxers and so called professionals like Kellerman and Lampley to name a few (I like them both btw)

And what the fuck happens?

Floyd destroys no one, instead, as us who at some point have boxed or know the sport said, Conor will be competitive until he gets tired and almost falls down on his own.

Conor lands, actually, even more than pacman did and even some sweet counters.

The circus fight ends up being the most entertaining (AND COMPETITIVE) of the fucking night, Davis embarrassed himself with his antics and won with a fucking foul, Cleverly didn't do shit, etc. The main event SAVED THIS CARD.

Conor shows to have more than enough boxing fundamentals to make it interesting against an aging legend who is clearly not at his best (But this May would still embarrass Berto, Ortiz, Guerrero and Pacman)

Oh, and those who were so high and mighty with their real boxing that decided not to watch and instead watch the HBO megasuperfight between Cotto and Kamegai... THAT FIGHT SUCKED DICK. The Circus fight between the untouchable destructor monster VS the amateur boxer that can't throw a correct punch to save his life, happened to be way, WAY better and competitive than this piece of shit fight that only catered to.. I don't know who! No real boxing fan gives a shit about Cotto vs Kamegai because that fight means absolutely nothing in the current boxing landscape! Cotto vs GGG? Are you fucking serious? Cotto never wanted that fight when he was champ, if he goes for that now it will only be to collect a paycheck and retire.

I am a boxing fan first, always have, always will, my dad took me to vegas to see Chavez, Camacho, Tyson, etc. MMA was something I got into after boxing but I've been watching it since UFC 1 and I also love it and never compare either sport, I also love kickboxing and used to adore watching K1, sadly Glory, as much as they try to keep the fire alive, doesn't have the same feeling.

When Pride was going strong, with epic fights (Nog vs Cro Cop, Fedor Vs whoever, Saku vs Godzilla, Bob Sapp vs a Whale, etc.) plus shit like Lennox Lewis vs Tyson and other fights going on, that was easily the best moment to be a fight fan in my opinion, I've never understood why people have the need to hate or bash one to love the other. It is pretty clear that Floyd is the better boxer, we all knew that! It is also pretty clear that if Floyd fights conor in MMA, even if he trains MMA for a year, he would probably drop from the firt few leg kicks and those initial shots that landed in the boxing match wouldn't be as easy to take/block with 4oz gloves.

They are different sports, Conor was fighting with less than half of the things he knows how to do in a fight while Floyd was fighting with everything he knows how to do at his disposal.

I am proud of Conor, the guy did not embarrass himself. Maidana (1) has been the only fight where for a while I felt Mayweather wasn't in Control ever since the Castillo fight. Not Canelo, not Pacman. Conor gave everyone that feeling for a couple of rounds today. Yes, Mayweather is not the Mayweather of old but this is till a long way from the "won't land a shot, will get murdered" nonsense.

It was a good PPV and I am glad Floyd ended in a high note because Berto was fucking bullshit.
tl.gif

If something this fight showed us how scorecards at the end of a boxing contest come completely different than the reality.
Or maybe it shows that you don't know how to score a boxing match.

Back