This is why weight cutting is so complicated

Lol. Weidman is documented saying he has cut 30+ pounds in the last two weeks, and that the weight cut is so brutal, he's gone entire days without eating any meals other than a spoonful of peanut butter. Every fucking time he fights, there is hyper focus on his weightcut from the media. It's not because he's in "phenomenal shape", its because he's a light-heavyweight fighting middleweights. Gian Villante, his teammate, is a LHW and has said multiple times on record that Weidman is heavier than he is.

Kelvin is in shit shape though I'll give you that.

Which one is the middle weight?

ufc_weidman_gianvillante_anahissa.jpg

1) Taking pictures that don't include a fighters legs is moronic. Jones always looks like a huge LHW if you only show his upper body, but he's got chicken legs. The opposite is true for GSP. He looks like a small WW, until you see his tree trunk thighs.

2) Timing is everything... this could be at a time when Weidman wasn't in camp and was bulked up

They really need to do something about the drastic weight cutting. It must be murder on the kidneys. I am sure there are long term problems associated with it.

I still think they should fight at their natural weight and have less weight classes in general.

If you lose to a bigger guy so be it. It is what it is. Size matters, though the guy who cuts less might have a different advantage but what do I know.

Like someone said before this isn't the ultimate weight cutting championship.

Last edited:
Back