This is why Robin Black should never be taken seriously

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
arrested-development.gif

I remember when he first got signed by the UFC to do analysis sherdog was mostly praising him lol..

I agree, he's terrible.

I've never liked the guy. Heard him once on Rogans podcast and he was annoying as hell. I skip any podcast with that guy in it.

Wrong, he has been incorrect in many of his prediction, he almost always tends to favor whoever he ends up interviewing or is a rising underdog (to seem edgey) Now he doesn't do predictions because he thinks it's worthless, real analyst put their effort at risk

Robin Black is one of the worst fight analyst (including boxing/bjj/etc) of all time. The guy makes hour long videos where he basically says nothing at all. I will give you an example of the difference between an analyst and Robin black.

Analyst: Tyron Woodley's defensive grappling abilities will pose a significant hurdle to Colby Covington, who has often been able to impose his wrestling game against his opponents to setup his striking. However, Colby Covington has demonstrated that he can keep a high intensity pace when he is able to initiate pressure against his opponents, which Woodley often allows due to his tendency to retreat. It's critical to recognize that Woodley does not always retreat, such as in his fight with Lawler.

Robin Black: A traditional analyst would tell you "Tyron's takedown defense is good" but what does that even mean? Tyron Woodley is like a flow of water like the famous Bruce Lee once said, he can adapt his style similar to the way water can be formless. Colby Covington is a flaming bull who imposes his opinion when expressing his artistic dance. So what happens when fire and water crash? You get smoke, my friends.
<PlusJuan>

Lmao this is fucking dead on

I did remember him saying to not be surprise if dong hyun Kim knocks out Erick silva. I said to myself that if Kim wins, Kim will most likely win by dec. this was when Kim always wins by decisions only and when Erick silva was still consider as a prospect. When the fight came by, Kim ktfo silva in fuckin brutal fashion with 1 punch. Bitchass fail prediction robin black did on the Floyd vs conor fight tho lol.

I don’t understand your post at all.

Maybe I missed something.

Is Erick Silva not a prospect any more?

McGregor takes the rematch. 50-1.

Wrong, he has been incorrect in many of his prediction, he almost always tends to favor whoever he ends up interviewing or is a rising underdog (to seem edgey) Now he doesn't do predictions because he thinks it's worthless, real analyst put their effort at risk

Robin Black is one of the worst fight analyst (including boxing/bjj/etc) of all time. The guy makes hour long videos where he basically says nothing at all. I will give you an example of the difference between an analyst and Robin black.

Analyst: Tyron Woodley's defensive grappling abilities will pose a significant hurdle to Colby Covington, who has often been able to impose his wrestling game against his opponents to setup his striking. However, Colby Covington has demonstrated that he can keep a high intensity pace when he is able to initiate pressure against his opponents, which Woodley often allows due to his tendency to retreat. It's critical to recognize that Woodley does not always retreat, such as in his fight with Lawler.

Robin Black: A traditional analyst would tell you "Tyron's takedown defense is good" but what does that even mean? Tyron Woodley is like a flow of water like the famous Bruce Lee once said, he can adapt his style similar to the way water can be formless. Colby Covington is a flaming bull who imposes his opinion when expressing his artistic dance. So what happens when fire and water crash? You get smoke, my friends.

Not wrong you simply don't understand how odds work. You get 1 Holly type underdog correct at like 12-1 means you can pick the next 10 fights wrong and still be up overall.

Not wrong you simply don't understand how odds work. You get 1 Holly type underdog correct at like 12-1 means you can pick the next 10 fights wrong and still be up overall.

I do, i run my own analysis web page where odds are analyzed and i make picks on my personal account as well. Holm was at highest about a -800 underdog. Robin made a career at picking against Anderson Silva, weidman beats rockhold (he interviewed weidman),Pettis would beat Holloway (pettis is his friend), he predicted Masvidal would beat Thompson because he interviewed him, he also said Conor would confuse Floyd with fake kicks. Congrats, you throw a bunch of bad shots at a dart board and one or two of them land well.

Odds arent that simple. If you took $200 and bet on every bet he made you might break even or be at a loss. Its not like people went out and put bank on the holm pick and $5 on every other pick.

He is extremely biased in his picks and he never backs up his analysis with concrete facts about the fighters. He’s been screaming that the Guard is entering a new evolution because tony beat Lee, but he ignores the dozens of fighters who are losing by staying in the guard

Live and let live. Does it make you feel better to put someone down on sherdog?

i dont even watch boxing, but i predicted the undefeated world champ pro boxer would beat the mma fighter by DUH

His hair and his voice make me want to punch babies.

I'm not sure if he's good, I couldn't listen long enough to find out.

He obviously has a passion for the sport for martials arts in general and wants to get know fighters and see how they think. How can you hate on passion in the end?

Still stuck in the dark age with some Combat Sports Analysts...

I never took the guy seriously after the first time I heard him speak. Someone then posted a clip from his band days, that changed my opinion of Black to a certified idiot.

Why are you even making threads about this NOBODY that hasnt fought in the UFC in over 2 years? When Dana is still having "meetings" with him in a year and he still hasnt fought, will you realize that Dana and Conor are TROLLING everyone and he is never fighting in the UFC again?
I think he is talking about Robin Black, not Conor.

Back