This is why MS is losing the console wars - 'f*** single player story games'

no, that wasn't what i meant. a lot of my posts in this thread literally were not made in this thread.
Oh thread merger, that makes sense now. I wasn't sure how we got onto BLizzard and shit

Oh thread merger, that makes sense now. I wasn't sure how we got onto BLizzard and shit
No, to clarify, the derail in this thread originated in this thread on the first page. @rob mafia was responsible for initiating it.

That's why I moved a second derail also initiated by Rob against Blizzard in the more recently started Official PoE thread to this thread: to spare that thread's focus of discussion-- Path of Exile-- from being destroyed...but simultaneously to demonstrate that I was simply doing my job, not censoring anything or covering anything up. Post #158 is the springboard post of this second, merged derail from that separate PoE thread. This first post in that PoE thread wasn't discussing PoE at all, but merely taking an opportunity to bash Blizzard & Diablo III:
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/131258569/
but blizzard has a necromancer pack for $15, there's no way poe can compete with that!
My solution was to simply move those posts to this thread where the identical Diablo III vs. PoE derail had already sprouted out of a similar post by him. Rob entered this thread the same way he entered that thread-- with the massive chip on his shoulder that he holds for Blizzard (as you can see it had nothing to do with why MS is losing the console war):
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/129572311/
i'm amazed that people still give blizzard money to get fucked.

as usual, full of shit.

This first post in that PoE thread wasn't discussing PoE at all, but merely taking an opportunity to bash Blizzard & Diablo III:

...what a "bash." a one-liner featuring a factual remark about d3... oh, and also poe. oops. i guess i did, in fact, discuss poe.

your blizzard shilling is insane.

My solution was to simply move those posts to this thread where the identical Diablo III vs. PoE derail had already sprouted out of a similar post by him. Rob entered this thread the same way he entered that thread-- with the massive chip on his shoulder that he holds for Blizzard (as you can see it had nothing to do with why MS is losing the console war):
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/129572311/

...riiiiight. i just brought blizzard up, out of the blue. /s

i definitely didn't quote someone referring to blizzard. /s

and 4 of the previous 5 posts before i entered weren't about blizzard. /s

if blizzard had nothing to do with the thread, why was it already about them before i even saw the thread?

it's funny that you responded to blayt, though. since you ran away from your own claims here, even after i quoted them. twice. STILL waiting to hear what bluff i called.

for someone who prides himself on being open to debate and transparency, you sure lie a lot and censor the living hell out of anti-blizzard posts on here. at least it's kind of hilarious that you deleted a bunch of posts, deleted posts mentioning the deleted posts, deleted posts asking why harmless posts were deleted, and then talked about transparency. while adding the posts to an irrelevant thread (almost a week later) that you again derailed, and proving that you goofed by deleting them, to begin with.

a+

The bluff you called was believing that I deliberately suppressed your posts out of some personal vendetta, or embarrassment. They're here. Clearly I'm indifferent.

if blizzard had nothing to do with the thread, why was it already about them before i even saw the thread?
It's fair to point out that these posters were discussing (Overwatch) multiplayer in the context of MP vs. SP games, as this was Warrior's primary thesis for why MS is losing the console war to Sony in the OP, and I see that @BVG did mention "Bliztard" before you while expressing admiration for the game and disdain for the MP play, but you didn't respond to him, or opine on the nature of his comments. It appears your inferior reading comprehension has failed you twice...because you didn't comment on a poster who was praising or criticizing Blizzard. Follow the discussion in the quote chain. I'll help:
https://www.theguardian.com/technol...-episodes-subscription-downloads-phil-spencer

Games as a service that you continue to pay for is their model.

Fuck you MS.

"“The audience for those big story-driven games... I won’t say it isn’t as large, but they’re not as consistent,” says Spencer. “You’ll have things like Zelda or Horizon Zero Dawn that’ll come out, and they’ll do really well, but they don’t have the same impact that they used to have, because the big service-based games are capturing such a large amount of the audience. Sony’s first-party studios do a lot of these games, and they’re good at them, but outside of that, it’s difficult – they’re become more rare; it’s a difficult business decision for those teams, you’re fighting into more headwind."

Fuck you Spencer two times.

Dude, I like to sit down on my couch with a beer after 10pm when kid is in the bed and gf is reading a book and kick the shit out of a robot dinosaur, yakuza, weird alien or witch. I don't have the time or inclination to take on a 14yr old shouting racial expletives who spends more time on the game than I do on work.

Yeah i hear you but multiplayer is the way to go. I have put in average maybe 60 hours on the 'best' SP games but have clocked 200 plus hours on Overwatch and not getting tired of it anytime soon.

Thing is human players will always come up with strategies and you in turn will have to come up with counters. A.I can only do so much.. Yet.

That's great and all but the amount of hours I've put into a game doesn't relate to how good I think it is. Mass effect is my favorite game and series and they were only about 25 hours on average. I love Overwatch also but it's not and didn't even come close to surpassing mass effect. No multiplayer game has.

Either way I like a mix a variety. Phil spencer sounds out of touch with gamers in this statement.

I think you are out of touch with the business side of things. Similar to music the best quality doesn't lead to the most profit.

Maybe all I know is the company he is criticizing is winning and he's losing.
i'm amazed that people still give blizzard money to get fucked.
"He" is Phil Spencer, the chief of Microsoft's gaming division, from the OP, and the "company he is criticizing" that "is winning" is Sony. You quoted a poster who wasn't referencing Blizzard at all.

oh-my-takei.gif

My apologies for assuming that you did that on purpose. Meanwhile, you jumped in on that by insulting anyone who still buys anything from Blizzard without any commentary on multiplayer vs. single player or Xbox vs. Sony: the focus of the thread's discussion. Nobody else did that. Even BVG's comment was tangential. After all, every Blizzard title that is on consoles is multiplatform, not exclusive.

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. nice chain. i noticed you omitted some.

including:

It means that I'm not going to play blizzard games that pits a stupid rating on my character that defines where I fit in the social structure of the video game. And their stupid fucking tinkering with character class nerfs and buffs.

I did that for 12 years with World of Warcraft, having had to re learn the warrior class again and again as they constantly changed abilities. All the while chasing down a stupid rating number.

Not doing that.

I'd rather play casually and go to the gym.

I played overwatch for roughly 3 months and I started to see the same pattern as world of Warcraft. And I dropped that pos with out any hesitation or regret

but it's all my fault. because i'm apparently a time traveling wizard, and i use my time manipulation powers to make other people post things on a video game subforum on sherdog, just so i can post after them. yup. totally.

and overwatch, blizzard, overwatch, reply, blizzard, someone else, me. ...what's your point? you can't even refurte mine, yet you wrote another novel, anyway.

i noticed you evaded the living hell out of my post (SURPRISE!). care to try again?

you know, about how i didn't even discuss poe when i did? or how referring to blizzard's $15 necro pack is a "bash" worthy of deletion?

or how censoring posts is transparent? how deleting (and now a lot of evasion) is debate?

as usual, full of shit.

...what a "bash." a one-liner featuring a factual remark about d3... oh, and also poe. oops. i guess i did, in fact, discuss poe.

your blizzard shilling is insane.

it's funny that you responded to blayt, though. since you ran away from your own claims here, even after i quoted them. twice. STILL waiting to hear what bluff i called.

for someone who prides himself on being open to debate and transparency, you sure lie a lot and censor the living hell out of anti-blizzard posts on here. at least it's kind of hilarious that you deleted a bunch of posts, deleted posts mentioning the deleted posts, deleted posts asking why harmless posts were deleted, and then talked about transparency. while adding the posts to an irrelevant thread (almost a week later) that you again derailed, and proving that you goofed by deleting them, to begin with.

a+
Jesus , would you shut the fuck up

fact: i wrote a one-liner about blizzard, after blizzard was being discussed.

you replied to that with a gigantic essay about every blizzard franchise. somehow, it's all my fault. because you're not responsible for your words, but i'm responsible for other people posting about blizzard.

then i made another one-liner about blizzard and poe, in a poe thread.

SAME. THING. HAPPENED. except then you deleted it all. yet... it's still my fault, somehow? hahahahahaha. "You are the prime culprit by any judicious perspective."

Jesus , would you shut the fuck up

i may be capable of time manipulation sherdog miracles, but jesus is someone else.

Stop making so many shitty story games. Whether it's taking story stuff out in favor of dlc, having to make every goddamn game open world, or focusing on story at the expense of gameplay, I dont see the problem being story games, but the story games all being the same.

And for God's sake, stop making so many damn gears of war copying third person cover shooters. It's been 10 years since it got old!!!

Yeah i hear you but multiplayer is the way to go. I have put in average maybe 60 hours on the 'best' SP games but have clocked 200 plus hours on Overwatch and not getting tired of it anytime soon.

Thing is human players will always come up with strategies and you in turn will have to come up with counters. A.I can only do so much.. Yet.
\
testing yourself against another person is the only interesting thing in games anymore in this crazy world.

\
testing yourself against another person is the only interesting thing in games anymore in this crazy world.

Actually I think there may come a time when AI may surpass human players.

30 years ago the idea of a computer defeating chess pros was laughable but then Deep Blue defeated Chess Champion Kasparov in 1996. In the early 2000s the idea that a computer program could defeat the best professional Go player (an ancient board game) would take several decades of continuous research and development due to the sheer size and complexity of the game but AlphaGo beat Ke Jie (former top ranker in the world) in a 3-game match a few years ago.

The idea that a computer program could be built to play and compete in a game like Overwatch isn't that far off. I think it's actually possible right now. Eventually no amount of skills can match up to a computer's reaction time. I just don't think it would be fair or interesting IMO when that time comes.

Last edited:

30 years ago the idea of a computer defeating chess pros was laughable but then Deep Blue defeated Chess Champion Kasparov in 1996. In the early 2000s the idea that a computer program could defeat the best professional Go player (an ancient board game) would be take several decades of continuous research and development due to the sheer size and complexity of the game but AlphaGo beat Ke Jie (former top ranker in the world) in a 3-game match.

The idea that a computer program could be built to play and compete in a game like Overwatch isn't that far off. I think it's actually possible right now. Eventually no amount of skills can match up to a computer's reaction time. I just don't think it would be fair or interesting IMO when that time comes.

But a computer can never understand that you just teabagged it.

30 years ago the idea of a computer defeating chess pros was laughable but then Deep Blue defeated Chess Champion Kasparov in 1996. In the early 2000s the idea that a computer program could defeat the best professional Go player (an ancient board game) would be take several decades of continuous research and development due to the sheer size and complexity of the game but AlphaGo beat Ke Jie (former top ranker in the world) in a 3-game match.

i mean... darksims in perfect dark were definitely better than most of my buddies were. even perfectsims were better than most of them.

30 years ago the idea of a computer defeating chess pros was laughable but then Deep Blue defeated Chess Champion Kasparov in 1996. In the early 2000s the idea that a computer program could defeat the best professional Go player (an ancient board game) would take several decades of continuous research and development due to the sheer size and complexity of the game but AlphaGo beat Ke Jie (former top ranker in the world) in a 3-game match a few years ago.

Bots have been around in Quake forever.

Back