This is why Jones, upon his return, will never go to heavyweight

Yeah cuz when i think of a hw mma fighter i think of 5 10 cormier first ..lol .. those chicken legs wont hang at hw sorry mr jones

DC steamrolled everyone he fought at HW, everyone. He was ranked #2 when he moved down the LHW because of Cain.
Infact DC never even lost around until he faced the young GOAT

Your entitled to an opinion.
The reality, and opinion of other professional fighters is the polar opposite.

DC steamrolled everyone he fought at HW, everyone. He was ranked #2 when he moved down the LHW because of Cain.

If lhw jones did what he did to cormier what do you think happens at hw.. somehow cormier will do better at hw?

The best guys DC fought at HW were Big Foot, Josh Barnett, and Frank Mir. He looked good against them.

We never saw him against the upper echelon at HW.

Remember how much Jon Jones was tagging DC with his 84" reach? Jones has garbage boxing and, more importantly, 0 punching power. And DC still struggled with that.

The upper echelon at HW has 84" reach + better boxing + 1 shot KO power. Each one of those shots from a real HW that Jones landed hundreds of on DC staggers him or even puts him out. I don't think DC has what it takes to fight guys like Stipe and Ngannou.

The best guys DC fought at HW were Big Foot, Josh Barnett, and Frank Mir. He looked good against them.

We never saw him against the upper echelon at HW.

Remember how much Jon Jones was tagging DC with his 84" reach? Jones has garbage boxing and, more importantly, 0 punching power. And DC still struggled with that.

The upper echelon at HW has 84" reach + better boxing + 1 shot KO power. Each one of those shots from a real HW that Jones landed hundreds of on DC staggers him or even puts him out. I don't think DC has what it takes to fight guys like Stipe and Ngannou.

We can agree to disagree.
DC was never even taken down or lost at HW. No other HW can say that.

Never lost a round. I think it was silly for him to leave HW for his semi retired buddy.
I don't see anyone at HW stopping him during his previous run.

Stipe got knocked out by Struve, DC would destroy him in my opinion.

We can only hope he goes for another HW run before he retires

Well Jones has never ever missed weight and never needed a towel even. So I am totally fine with him at LHW and he has nothing to prove in that aspect.

DC really only faced 3 elite HW's in his run though in Bigfoot, Barnett(broke his hand in the first) and Mir(who was arguably on the decline anyway) and the very fact he moved down to LHW was I think partly an admission that size was an issue that he felt might catch up with him.

DC really only faced 3 elite HW's in his run though in Bigfoot, Barnett(broke his hand in the first) and Mir(who was arguably on the decline anyway) and the very fact he moved down to LHW was I think partly an admission that size was an issue that he felt might catch up with him.

Don't know why size would be an issue, DC was never taken down or even lost a single round.

No HW can say that.

Dc was ranked #2 when he moved down and Cain is smaller than the all the HW he crushed.

Don't know why size would be an issue, DC was never taken down or even lost a single round.

No HW can say that.

Dc was ranked #2 when he moved down and Cain is smaller than the all the HW he crushed.

I would say DC clearly had issues with Barnett and Mir's size even if he ultimately won the fights which I suspect was part of the reason he moved to LHW.

Still though I think Cormier is someone who was/is quite well suited to fighting larger men yet Jones especially presented problems for him with the combination of great takedown defence, liong reach, excellent cardio/chin. That doesn't automatically hold that beating Cormier means Jones isn't going to have problems fighting larger men at HW, indeed his worst performance at LHW was against the larger opponent he faced in Gus.

I would say DC clearly had issues with Barnett and Mir's size even if he ultimately won the fights which I suspect was part of the reason he moved to LHW.

Still though I think Cormier is someone who was/is quite well suited to fighting larger men yet Jones especially presented problems for him with the combination of great takedown defence, liong reach, excellent cardio/chin. That doesn't automatically hold that beating Cormier means Jones isn't going to have problems fighting larger men at HW, indeed his worst performance at LHW was against the larger opponent he faced in Gus.

I didn't see DC having any problems w anyone at HW he was dropping them on their heads.

Dc didnt have a problem with Jones height, DC has fought much bigger men and crushed them, he had a problem with Jones skill and no one at HW comes close to Jones in that department.

Both these guys (Jones DC) are simply on another level compared to the rest of the fighters at lhw and hw.

I didn't see DC having any problems w anyone at HW he was dropping them on their heads.

Dc didnt have a problem with Jones height, DC has fought much bigger men and crushed them, he had a problem with Jones skill and no one at HW comes close to Jones in that department.

Both these guys (Jones DC) are simply on another level compared to the rest of the fighters at lhw and hw.

Barnett was landing on DC quite a lot of knee's, he needed his chin in win that fight, Mir was also clearly giving him problems with kicks to the body and indeed could stuffle DC's wrestling somewhat purely with size.

Again I think your analysis is simplistic MMAth, in Cormiers case you had someone who has had success against larger opponents at HW and LHW but didn't matchup well with Jones. Jones style on the other hand for me is very heavily based on exploiting an advantage in size, when he lacked this advantage vs Gus he struggled and he'd be fighting larger men with significant more power at HW.

Personally I suspect we'll never see Jones at HW for that reason or if they do it will be like Anderson at LHW, picking out one off fights that suit him.

Barnett was landing on DC quite a lot of knee's, he needed his chin in win that fight, Mir was also clearly giving him problems with kicks to the body and indeed could stuffle DC's wrestling somewhat purely with size.

Again I think your analysis is simplistic MMAth, in Cormiers case you had someone who has had success against larger opponents at HW and LHW but didn't matchup well with Jones. Jones style on the other hand for me is very heavily based on exploiting an advantage in size, when he lacked this advantage vs Gus he struggled and he'd be fighting larger men with significant more power at HW.

Personally I suspect we'll never see Jones at HW for that reason or if they do it will be like Anderson at LHW, picking out one off fights that suit him.

I saw DC steamroll guys at HW like ive said before, he never even lost a round.
I think Jones with enough mass, destroys HW. Hes already challenged Stipe and Brock so he believes hes ready.

All this said, Jones has far bigger problems right now than fighting HW, like, will he ever fight again....

I saw DC steamroll guys at HW like ive said before, he never even lost a round.
I think Jones with enough mass, destroys HW. Hes already challenged Stipe and Brock so he believes hes ready.

All this said, Jones has far bigger problems right now than fighting HW, like, will he ever fight again....

That he never lost a round doesn't mean he never faced issues with size though plus as I said because Cormier could fight larger ment effectively doesn't ultimately hold than Jones can as well because he beat Cormier.

Jones/Brock is the kind of match I'm talking about, one off fight at HW that presents a better style matchup with Brock lacking standup ability. Beyond that I suspect if Joens fights at HW it will be because he simple can't make LHW anymore either due to age or lack of PEDs.

That he never lost a round doesn't mean he never faced issues with size though plus as I said because Cormier could fight larger ment effectively doesn't ultimately hold than Jones can as well because he beat Cormier.

Jones/Brock is the kind of match I'm talking about, one off fight at HW that presents a better style matchup with Brock lacking standup ability. Beyond that I suspect if Joens fights at HW it will be because he simple can't make LHW anymore either due to age or lack of PEDs.

We disagree
As I see it if one of, if not the best HWs was defeated by Jones its a clear indicator to me of the skill disparity in weight classes. I see both Jones and DC mauling HW.

Jones has also issued challenged to Stipe who is now the current HW champ, so again, hes confident he defeat him.

But all this is moot at this point

We disagree
As I see it if one of, if not the best HWs was defeated by Jones its a clear indicator to me of the skill disparity in weight classes. I see both Jones and DC mauling HW.

Jones has also issued challenged to Stipe who is now the current HW champ, so again, hes confident he defeat him.

But all this is moot at this point

I don't think many would argue a skill disparity, a size disparity on the other hand is obviously very true and again I don't see how beating DC, one of the smallest elite HW's ever shows that Jones wouldn't have issues with that.

I don't think many would argue a skill disparity, a size disparity on the other hand is obviously very true and again I don't see how beating DC, one of the smallest elite HW's ever shows that Jones wouldn't have issues with that.
You're opinion is noted, to me its a telling indicator.

Too bad we wont see it anytime soon or ever with Jones constantly fucking up.

Back