This is why Jones, upon his return, will never go to heavyweight

He's called Bones for a reason bro. We've established he's been juicing, what makes you think a clean, older Jon would be anywhere near Stipe's size? With his wrestling advantage gone, he would get murked. Unless you're talking about juiced Jon, the only Jon we know, then sure, he could compete at HW. I guess ...
Who said anything about clean? Jones is a career juicer, the only way we can make concrete assumptions is taking for granted he performs to the same juiced standard. I'm assuming Jones' hypothetical HW run comes with all his pharmaceutical enhancement.

Jones is just a hard fighter to be a fan of. Even if he is the best fighter in the world.

Fought three middleweights, tallest guy in the division, longest reach, fights dirty, pulls out of short notice fights, says his size advantage doesn’t matter but won’t fight heavyweights even though he’d still be taller and longer.

Gus is taller.
There are MW's taller than both of them.

Who are the 3 MW he fought?
Was this before the UFC?

Last edited:
Jones would wreck the heavyweight division. He is a lot more skilled than anyone there, and he isn't some little guy.

Thats the thing, i just cant see his vicious little attacks worrying the top heavies
Thats the thing, i just cant see his vicious little attacks worrying the top heavies
"Little" atacks. lol!

Vera required corrective surgery on his SKULL in two locations.
6h1gsl.jpg

Shogun was relentlessly beaten until asked the referee for help

shogun+taps.gif

and shit, he knocked DC the fuck out.

watch-jon-jones-finishes-daniel-cormier-after-head-kick-from-hell-at-ufc-214.png

Carrying more bodymass (HW) doesnt mean your skull is more impervious to attack

Who said anything about clean? Jones is a career juicer, the only way we can make concrete assumptions is taking for granted he performs to the same juiced standard. I'm assuming Jones' hypothetical HW run comes with all his pharmaceutical enhancement.
Jesus, you still don't think he'll fight clean? You're a smart man. Me neither. lol.

I wouldn't want any part of fighting guys 40-50 pounds bigger than me either ffs.
do you understand that jon cut weight right? he weight arounds 223 lbs, stipe around 233 lbs

stipe weight around 4 or 5 % more than jone, and jone have a bigger reach and could gain some muscle

the difference is really not that big

do you understand that jon cut weight right? he weight arounds 223 lbs, stipe around 233 lbs

stipe weight around 4 or 5 % more than jone, and jone have a bigger reach and could gain some muscle

the difference is really not that big

Stipe is 246lbs in shape
Jones was 217lbs in shape for his last fight

Stipe Miocic
Height 6 ft 4 in (193 cm)
Weight 246 lb (112 kg; 17 st 8 lb)

Ngannou would send him on the next mars rover mission faster than the speed of light.

*Edit*

To any shoop god out there, an edit of ngannous head on deebo and jones head on red... deebo with the belt around his waist. That would be goat gif.

They have the same height, so that movie scene is exagerated.

Jones is a complete fighter and has a great fight IQ. Not a fan, he is a steroid cheat and he doesn't seem to care people he might kill because he is too stubborn to hire a driver.
But he has a great fight IQ and he would wreck Ngannou.
He wrestled the fuck out of DC who is an olympic wrestler.

Jon has problems with smart fighters like Machida and Gus, who can keep their distance and fight smart.
Not with dumb KO power fighters.

Jones would be an instant top 5 HW, I know that isn't saying much but If he can dominate DC he can hang with the best HW's. No doubt Francis would hurt him tho, he's been very hittable as of late.

No. Just no. Styles make fights. Him beating DC at LHW says nothing about how well he would do against HW's. DC beat guys bigger than him by being much faster and much more technical. Jon isn't fast, athletic or technical enough to overcome big size and strenght discrepencies. Jon highly benefits from being much longer than everyone he fights. The toughest match he had was against a guy that wasn't much smaller than him. The HW division is full of those guys. Plus, stronger, heavier and more powerful.

At HW Jon wouldn't have the main advantage that made him so dominant. His opponents wouldn't have over 10 inch disadvantages over him. They would be much closer to his frame, mostly heavier and naturally stronger with a lot more power.

Nobody knows Jon better than Jon himself. If he actually believed he could be the HW champion, why would he be fighting LHW's? Let's be serious here. Do you honestly believe that, given the opportunity to choose, ANYONE in the world would prefer to be known as the LHW champ instead of the HW champ?

Jon would only gain by being the HW champ, or even two division champ. More money, more fame, more respect. If he hasn't made that move yet is because he doesn't believe in himself.

Do you honestly believe that if Jon was facing guys his height and closer to his reach on a regular basis he would be undefeated? Jon is not a technical fighter in the traditional sense. Nor is he particularly fast or powerful. Most of what he does works because of how long he is. Yes, he knows how to use his reach, but still, there are a lot of technical flaws in what he does. Those flaws are forgiven by the huge physical advantage he has.

Jones sends them all packing ya fucking morons. Cry because he beat the piss out of all your favorite legends, but no one on this entire roster can beat him over 25 minutes. He is the mfking MECCA
Lol. Sure. The "Goat" has already shown in the past how dominant he is against fighters who are tall like he is with a similar reach. But yeah, he would send stipe, ngannou, werdum and so on packing. Of course he would. All of them in the same night. Lol

"Little" atacks. lol!

Vera required corrective surgery on his SKULL in two locations.
6h1gsl.jpg

Shogun was relentlessly beaten until asked the referee for help

shogun+taps.gif

and shit, he knocked DC the fuck out.

watch-jon-jones-finishes-daniel-cormier-after-head-kick-from-hell-at-ufc-214.png

Carrying more bodymass (HW) doesnt mean your skull is more impervious to attack
Jones is going to get ngannou down, hold him there and tko him? Batter him on the feet? Dreaming mate.

No. Just no. Styles make fights. Him beating DC at LHW says nothing about how well he would do against HW's. DC beat guys bigger than him by being much faster and much more technical. Jon isn't fast, athletic or technical enough to overcome big size and strenght discrepencies. Jon highly benefits from being much longer than everyone he fights. The toughest match he had was against a guy that wasn't much smaller than him. The HW division is full of those guys. Plus, stronger, heavier and more powerful.

At HW Jon wouldn't have the main advantage that made him so dominant. His opponents wouldn't have over 10 inch disadvantages over him. They would be much closer to his frame, mostly heavier and naturally stronger with a lot more power.

Nobody knows Jon better than Jon himself. If he actually believed he could be the HW champion, why would he be fighting LHW's? Let's be serious here. Do you honestly believe that, given the opportunity to choose, ANYONE in the world would prefer to be known as the LHW champ instead of the HW champ?

Jon would only gain by being the HW champ, or even two division champ. More money, more fame, more respect. If he hasn't made that move yet is because he doesn't believe in himself.

Do you honestly believe that if Jon was facing guys his height and closer to his reach on a regular basis he would be undefeated? Jon is not a technical fighter in the traditional sense. Nor is he particularly fast or powerful. Most of what he does works because of how long he is. Yes, he knows how to use his reach, but still, there are a lot of technical flaws in what he does. Those flaws are forgiven by the huge physical advantage he has.
I have no doubt he would have his way with guys like Derrick Lewis, Mark Hunt, and Ben rothwell if that's what your asking. The guy would still have insane physical advantages even against the best HW's. Jon has only been in serious trouble ONCE in his entire career(Vitor). You underestimate the potential devastation a 245lbs+ Jon could cause at HW. Who knows, didn't Jon challenge Brock in his last post fight interview? The former HW champ no less, I wouldn't be surprised if he is planning a move to HW. The cut to 205 isn't getting easier.

Jones is going to get ngannou down, hold him there and tko him? Batter him on the feet? Dreaming mate.
No I dont.
Thats the one fighter we agreed on.

Ngannou is a scary dude right now.

I have no doubt he would have his way with guys like Derrick Lewis, Mark Hunt, and Ben rothwell if that's what your asking. The guy would still have insane physical advantages even against the best HW's. Jon has only been in serious trouble ONCE in his entire career(Vitor). You underestimate the potential devastation a 245lbs+ Jon could cause at HW. Who knows, didn't Jon challenge Brock in his last post fight interview? The former HW champ no less, I wouldn't be surprised if he is planning a move to HW. The cut to 205 isn't getting easier.
He also challenge Stipe for 196 when Werdum pulled out

He also challenge Stipe for 196 when Werdum pulled out
Seems he's waiting for the right moment, unlucky for him Francis is about to take over the division. Not sure anyone is gonna want to fight Francis after Saturday night.

Seems he's waiting for the right moment, unlucky for him Francis is about to take over the division. Not sure anyone is gonna want to fight Francis after Saturday night.

Im sure he is, millions at stake and hes missed alot of prime time fucking around.

Right now hes got far bigger problems that the prospect of fighting Heavy weight

Gus is taller.
There are MW's taller than both of them.

Who are the 3 MW he fought?
Was this before the UFC?

They’re the same height.

Sonnen, Machida, Vitor, Rashad have fought at middle weight. All looked undersized when they fought Jon.

There are middleweights taller than 6’4 and have 84.5 inch reaches?

They’re the same height.

Sonnen, Machida, Vitor, Rashad have fought at middle weight. All looked undersized when they fought Jon.

There are middleweights taller than 6’4 and have 84.5 inch reaches?
No they're not Gus is 6'5"

Machida was LHW champion (undefeated at LHW) he also fought HW
Rashad was LHW champion (undefeated at LHW) he also won TUF the Heavy Weight Tournmanent
Vitor was HW and LHW champion.

You said height not reach.

Back