This is why Jones, upon his return, will never go to heavyweight

If he thought Gus was hard...

Why not take that statement and replace it with the person he fought, who's actually competed at and been successful at heavyweight? He also happens to be the best name on his resume.

Agreed. Matchups will make or break how Jon does in HW. A lot of his game works on having a height or reach advantage and that doesn't work as well against other tall guys like Stipe, Ngannou, and Werdum. Not to mention that Jones is definitely hittlable and HW power is a world apart from LHW. Jon also is strong as fuck, but would be weak compared to natural HWs like Stipe and Ngannou.

I see Stipe, Ngannou, Werdum, and Blaydes being bad matchups for him.

Cain would be 50/50 and probably be the most spectualuar fight in history. Current JDS would be tough, but Jones would probably back him to the fence and win via good gameplanning. As for Reem, at this point a MW should be able to crack him using a good gameplan.

Volkov, Struve, Hunt, etc would be fodder for him probably.
If jones had legit punching power... he would be a wrecking ball at heavyweight. But that gangly ass body aint built for punching, slicing knees, elbows and kicks instead

HAH! Never

Might've said he would fight Stipe, but damn sure didn't ask him to fight
Yep he did. When Werdum pulled out of their fight.
The UFc said they were looking to make it happen before his latest fuck up
People tend to increase in weight as they continue their career, so the fact that Jones was in the 220 region at 23 wouldn't preclude him from operating at a higher weight later.

I've heard from many different people that Reem gives Jones the business in sparring, so I wouldn't be sure about that.

Did he challenge Stipe, I thought he said he didn't want that fight?

Im sure hes grown since 22, years old but in shape hes 217, no heavyweight can even get to that without being sick.

Overem rolled over Jones ankle, Reem has a horrible reputation of hurting people and being a very shitty sparring partner. Rumble amd Arlowski(who went to hospital) have been quite vocal about this. Hurting people sparring is not an example of ability.

The Stipe fight was in the works before Jones latest fuk up

http://agfight.band.uol.com.br/en/j...tle-fight-champion-stipe-miocic-wouldnt-mind/

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/8/23/...n-the-works-prior-to-bones-flunking-drug-test

Ngannou would send him on the next mars rover mission faster than the speed of light.

a08vx_s-200x150.gif

Yep he did. When Werdum pulled out of their fight.

He tweeted he would fight Stipe—if it was for the "real belt." And after Stipe beat Overeem he tweeted something about finally seeing that Stipe was legit and would be a worthy challenge.

Both times Stipe was asked for his reaction, both times he said that he would be game to fight with Jones, and both times Jones shut up real quick. So much for "challenging" Miocic.

Ngannou would send him on the next mars rover mission faster than the speed of light.

*Edit*

To any shoop god out there, an edit of ngannous head on deebo and jones head on red... deebo with the belt around his waist. That would be goat gif.

Not even sure PEDless Jones is a LHW to be honest. Might have to fight at Flyweight from now on.

I think people overrate weigh classes a bit, we've already seen what DC did at HW, Gus, Jones, and Rumble would be top HWs

I think people overrate weigh classes a bit, we've already seen what DC did at HW, Gus, Jones, and Rumble would be top HWs
Top heavyweights yes. Not the best though. Rumble was effective because of punching power.

Every great mma heavyweight ever has had heavy hands. If you dont you're fucked. Fedor, Cain, JDS, Stipe, Cro Cop etc all had punches you had to respect. Even werdum butchered cains face and nogueira had some knockouts.... Jones just doesnt have that ability. He is next level everywhere else but something had to give and god didnt bless him in that area

He tweeted he would fight Stipe—if it was for the "real belt." And after Stipe beat Overeem he tweeted something about finally seeing that Stipe was legit and would be a worthy challenge.

Both times Stipe was asked for his reaction, both times he said that he would be game to fight with

No. Jones said he would step in for Werdum only for the belt at ufc 196.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/dana-w...-fight-for-heavyweight-title-at-ufc-196-61556

Dana said no.
Since then Jones has had one fight against Cormier to regain his belt, after that challenged Brock.

Further it appears the fight was in the works.

Last edited:
Top heavyweights yes. Not the best though. Rumble was effective because of punching power.

Every great mma heavyweight ever has had heavy hands. If you dont you're fucked. Fedor, Cain, JDS, Stipe, Cro Cop etc all had punches you had to respect. Even werdum butchered cains face and nogueira had some knockouts.... Jones just doesnt have that ability. He is next level everywhere else but something had to give and god didnt bless him in that area

Jones is not a brute, he doesnt have to rely on knockout power like the less skilled HW's

That said, hes tortured people with attacks. ie. Fracturing Veras skull and beating Shogun to tap from relentless attacks

Not coming back..fucking cheater how many chances does this guy get? ..whats he got a golden horseshoe up his ass?..should be banned forever .. this isnt a video game were you get to play career mode again when you fuck up this is real life what does this say for the rest of roster if this dudes allowed back..

Jones is not a brute, he doesnt have to rely on knockout power like the less skilled HW's

That said, hes tortured people with attacks. ie. Fracturing Veras skull and beating Shogun to tap from relentless attacks
Thats the thing, i just cant see his vicious little attacks worrying the top heavies

Not coming back..fucking cheater how many chances does this guy get? ..whats he got a golden horseshoe up his ass?..should be banned forever .. this isnt a video game were you get to play career mode again when you fuck up this is real life what does this say for the rest of roster if this dudes allowed back..
<DCrying>

I would say only his legs. Arlovski is stipe's size and Jones clearly has a similar frame. He's not as thick, but that's likely as simple as the fact that Jones has to keep his weight under control.

method%253Dget%2526s%253Dandrei-arlovski-jon-jones.jpg

With the expectation of fighting at HW, I'm sure Jones would be, at least in the upper body, a full-sized HW, maybe even slightly larger than someone like Stipe. He would weigh less overall probably, though.
He's called Bones for a reason bro. We've established he's been juicing, what makes you think a clean, older Jon would be anywhere near Stipe's size? With his wrestling advantage gone, he would get murked. Unless you're talking about juiced Jon, the only Jon we know, then sure, he could compete at HW. I guess ...

Jones is just a hard fighter to be a fan of. Even if he is the best fighter in the world.

Fought three middleweights, tallest guy in the division, longest reach, fights dirty, pulls out of short notice fights, says his size advantage doesn’t matter but won’t fight heavyweights even though he’d still be taller and longer.

Back