This is why a progressive wave must overthrow the Democrats in 2018 and 2020.

theBLADE1

The sharpest poster on the Sher
@Black
Reaction score
http://beta.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-congress-disaster-shutdown-20171221-story.html

Congress approved a temporary spending bill to prevent a government shutdown, but failed to complete work on an $81-billion disaster aid package to help California, Gulf Coast states and Puerto Rico recover from wildfires and hurricanes, as lawmakers scrambled Thursday to wrap up business before a Christmas break.

The stopgap measure continues federal operations for a few more weeks, setting up another deadline for Jan. 19. But it left undone a long list of priorities that members of both parties had hoped to finish this year.

The House approved the spending bill, 231 to 188, with 14 Democrats joining a majority of the chamber's Republicans. The Senate quickly followed, voting 66 to 32to avert a federal shutdown Friday, with 30 Democrats opposed, including both California senators, largely because the bill failed to resolve the fate of the young immigrants known as Dreamers.

The disaster aid package, the largest in U.S. history, ran into trouble. It passed the House, 251 to 169, on a bipartisan vote, but was blocked in the Senate, where it required 60 votes, under pressure from two directions.

Today, these Democrats all voted alongside Republicans and refused to put up a fight to protect DREAMers. Because they wouldn't know what fighting meant if someone punched their children in the face.

DRnLOTBUEAAu7WU.jpg

That includes this smarmy fucking asshole.

DRnIY8rUEAAjanb.jpg

When you vote with Republicans on serious issues that affect people like this then you deserve to be viewed no different than a Republican. This man and the spineless ingrates posted above are no different than Republicans. This is why I tell centrist Democrats to eat a dick when they whine and cry about losing states like Florida. Complacent problems will remain as such until you take a hard line with them.

Nobody believes that these Democrats are actually willing to fight for them on issues that matter most which is why they don't inspire anyone to get out and vote for them. This is STILL why the most popular left-leaning politician in America is an INDEPENDENT from Vermont who hasn't stopped fighting once since Hillary Clinton got lost in the fucking woods. She should've stayed there.

In case your wondering, 4000 DACA recipients will lose their status between now and the end of this CR. But Happy Holidays Congress.

Last edited:
This is relevant to my interests .gif

BTW this isn't for the Republican trumpets here and the War Room. We already know you want to deport everyone who wasn't born in this country. This is for everyone who believes that a politician with the letter D next to their name is someone to be revered and deserves your vote for nothing more than that.

When you vote with Republicans on serious issues that affect people like this then you deserve to be viewed no different than a Republican.
What do you mean people "like this"

you mean illegal?

What do you mean people "like this"

you mean illegal?

I mean young people who grew up in the United States, went to school in the United States, and now serve in the military. People that have only ever known our country. Also see post #3

this should be dealt with when they do comprehensive immigration policy reform

TS, you're going to need more than "these dems voted against DREAMers"

What bill? Give specifics, not a fucking jpeg.

TS, you're going to need more than "these dems voted against DREAMers"

What bill? Give specifics, not a fucking jpeg.

My B

http://beta.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-congress-disaster-shutdown-20171221-story.html

Congress approved a temporary spending bill to prevent a government shutdown, but failed to complete work on an $81-billion disaster aid package to help California, Gulf Coast states and Puerto Rico recover from wildfires and hurricanes, as lawmakers scrambled Thursday to wrap up business before a Christmas break.

The stopgap measure continues federal operations for a few more weeks, setting up another deadline for Jan. 19. But it left undone a long list of priorities that members of both parties had hoped to finish this year.

The House approved the spending bill, 231 to 188, with 14 Democrats joining a majority of the chamber's Republicans. The Senate quickly followed, voting 66 to 32to avert a federal shutdown Friday, with 30 Democrats opposed, including both California senators, largely because the bill failed to resolve the fate of the young immigrants known as Dreamers.

The disaster aid package, the largest in U.S. history, ran into trouble. It passed the House, 251 to 169, on a bipartisan vote, but was blocked in the Senate, where it required 60 votes, under pressure from two directions.

I mean young people who grew up in the United States, went to school in the United States, and now serve in the military. People that have only ever known our country. Also see post #3

The illegal children are not responsible for their parent's actions so they shouldn't be punished? Then why hold white people today responsible for slavery? Why punish white people with affirmative action? Clearly children are not responsible for the actions of their parents

Right? You don't have double standards do you?

The illegal children are not responsible for their parent's actions so they shouldn't be punished? Then why hold white people today responsible for slavery? Why punish white people with affirmative action? Clearly children are not responsible for the actions of their parents

So when did I say today's white people are responsible for all of those things? Oh that's right I didn't! You're just saying stupid shit and I have a feeling you wouldn't when an argument with a fucking wall.

But hey that's a nice…

Strawman.png

Is it just the several hundred out of 800,000 who are in the military?

If a rich guy embezzles money, should his kids be allowed to keep it because it's not their crime and that rich lifestyle is all they know?

Then why hold white people today responsible for slavery? Why punish white people with affirmative action? Clearly children are not responsible for the actions of their parents

This is a glorious post. Even for Sherfront standards.

That's 3 of them, what about the rest?

I can't tell if this is a troll post. Well done if it is.

LOL at "young immigrants known as dreamers". I'm thinking that's a nice way to put children of illegal immigrants.

FTR, I think something should be done for them, immigration reform is LONG overdue. Smarter, safer, better for America immigration.

Idiots desire complete partisanship regardless.

Democrats didn’t use the strategy you like (let government shut down or get DACA) so theees no difference between them and Republicans?

That’s as stupid as anything you’ll hear on the right.

I'm pretty sure you need at least a green card (aka legal residence) to serve in US military. There are very few exceptions though if the non-residence person has exceptional talent/skill such as a rare language skill, but that program ended a long time ago.

Last edited:
BTW this isn't for the Republican trumpets here and the War Room. We already know you want to deport everyone who wasn't born in this country. This is for everyone who believes that a politician with the letter D next to their name is someone to be revered and deserves your vote for nothing more than that.

You are full of shit, sir. Trumpsters do not want to deport the FLOTUS.

I love how the subdirectory for that article is beta.latimes.com, very appropriate.

Back