This is what's wrong with how the UFC is presented.

Defeat Unknown

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
DTTBhe8WsAIr5Gc.jpg:large

To watch an event, I need to have access to 3 different platforms.

It doesn't help that single events are minimum 6 hours long.

It would be interesting to see a study done on how restricted viewing is, or how many viewers are lost during the channel/platform switching.

I cut my cable a couple months ago, but for the years that I did have it, I rarely had access to a full event in Canada because these channels are specialty channels; part of add-on packages. Sometimes I would get the prelims, but I would just stream it on my computer anyway because I can watch an entire event in a single stream, versus this bullshit above.

Good point.

Not really sure what the UFC / WME brass are thinking with the way the product is being presented right now.

Back in the day, i had no problem shelling out cash for a packed, exciting card.

These days, I don't pay a penny.

When the UFC goes back to stacked, amazing cards, I'll be pulling out my wallet again.

in Mexico we get the full card from all events (PPV, FOX, Fight Pass, FS1, etc) on one single platform called Fighting Network, for US$7.99/month.

Sorry for you guys.

in Mexico we get the full card from all events (PPV, FOX, Fight Pass, FS1, etc) on one single platform called Fighting Network, for US$7.99/month.

Sorry for you guys.
WTF <{blankeye}>

ufc fight pass $10 USD a month
Fox Sports package $100 a month
PPV $69

In the UK Dana White send us £5.99 a month to watch each PPV

and Dana send us £3.50 to watch each Fight Night Card

WTF <{blankeye}>

ufc fight pass $10 USD a month
Fox Sports package $100 a month
PPV $69

Yep, I feel sorry for you Americans.

Here in England I pay 5 quid a month for BT Sport ($6.50) and have access to every single UFC event, TUF, and all PPVs.

Yep, I feel sorry for you Americans.

Here in England I pay 5 quid a month for BT Sport ($6.50) and have access to every single UFC event, TUF, and all PPVs.
Then they wonder why views are down. Plus don't forget the Reebok Kit for another $200

Ummm...

DIVERSIFY YOUR BONDS!!!

Sorry for you guys.
don't forget to mention you need sky tv add that to the amount
and look outside your house how many red dishes do you see vs the gray ones lol

Good point TS, I don't watch it across those platforms but it would suck if i had to.

Agreed. It certainly can't help things.

Its only one channel in the US, and you dont have to watch the pre-prelims on fight pass. They have kinda made those a premium. Everything is on FS1 for fight nights. For the average fan though it can be confusing, i agree.

Good point TS, I don't watch it across those platforms but it would suck if i had to.

I don't necessarily agree. Don't most people bitch about Fight Pass anyway? As for the US, I just gotta change the channel once. Most people aren't clamoring for the prelims anyway.

As far as overseas... DIVERSIFY YOUR BONDS!

I'm in New Zealand and everything is just on Fight Pass... Well, everything except PPV main cards, which you have to pay extra for, obviously.

and you dont have to watch the pre-prelims on fight pass.
I don't have to watch any of it. I'd like to, though. The problem is the inconsistent start times, and the fact that events are so long, sometimes you have to pick and choose with parts of the card you can tune in for.

This is a bit off topic, but I'd like to see a 4 hour program. 2 hours of prelims, 2 hour main event. The lower lower prelims could be cut and put on a separate show. A Friday night event of lower, lesser known fighters. Hell, they did it with Contender series; maybe it could replace TUF.

I want to see lots of fights, I just don't want to sit for 7-8 hours per event.

I don't have to watch any of it. I'd like to, though. The problem is the inconsistent start times, and the fact that events are so long, sometimes you have to pick and choose with parts of the card you can tune in for.

This is a bit off topic, but I'd like to see a 4 hour program. 2 hours of prelims, 2 hour main event. The lower lower prelims could be cut and put on a separate show. A Friday night event of lower, lesser known fighters. Hell, they did it with Contender series; maybe it could replace TUF.

I want to see lots of fights, I just don't want to sit for 7-8 hours per event.
I did kinda state that in the next sentence. I agree with you but for ppv's and what not, I like how long they are. Taking out the pre pre-lims doesnt do much for anyone though and they have enough fighters to do both. Increasing the pace would be nice but you can only have 4 fights in a 2 hour tv slot. If they all go to decision that only gives you about 15 minutes of in between time during that 2 hours. They can do what they want with PPV's.

This is what's wrong with how the UFC is presented.
17EB483400000514-0-image-m-5_1506328652096.jpg

I only need one platform, that is Fight Pass.

Is the main-card not streamed on FightPass in the US? Because here in Europe we get the full card on it.

It definitely gives the appearance of amateur hour. UFC seems to think it's a real privilege for the fans to be able to watch an event. This type of shit does nothing but hurt the brand.

Back