This is what Conor is dealing with Saturday.

nastyleft

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Different sparring partners with different styles. Watch how Floyd deals with them.
No doubt the 2nd guy in black would murk McGregor himself.

Last edited:
Just realized 6 minute rounds and 15-30 second rests, standing.

The only thing amazing about this video, which I had seen a while back, is Mayweather's cardio. You can tell why he never gets tired in his fights.

But these sparring partners were scared shitless of making him look bad.

The only thing amazing about this video, which I had seen a while back, is Mayweather's cardio. You can tell why he never gets tired in his fights.

But these sparring partners were scared shitless of making him look bad.

Actually you're wrong (again). I know one who made him look really bad. I bet @ProBoxingInsidr knows exactly who I am talking about

Not these guys, not at that promotional sparring.

Jesus.

Any footage or gossip on that?

You don't post that stuff. It's a mutual respect. We aren't Conor's camp. Would never do Floyd like that

I'll tell you a funny story; Omar Henry (rip) kicked the shit out of Danny in a Saturday morning sparring session. He begged to have it released. Told him that's not how we do work. Omar sat and begged. I ended up doing all his marketing. Still have his "o Henry" trunks from everlast that Ernie made

You don't do that to people. Sparring is just work. You're paying them to go through the motions and mimmick the opponent. Going to be bad days. Only itches (and I made sure to use that word" release sparring footage. That's what Conor is. That's hoe shit

Jesus.

Any footage or gossip on that?

It was talked about a lot a few years back (same with Spence KOing Broner in sparring). From what I remember they sparred leading up to the Guerrero fight.

You don't post that stuff. It's a mutual respect. We aren't Conor's camp. Would never do Floyd like that

I'll tell you a funny story; Omar Henry (rip) kicked the shit out of Danny in a Saturday morning sparring session. He begged to have it released. Told him that's not how we do work. Omar sat and begged. I ended up doing all his marketing. Still have his "o Henry" trunks from everlast that Ernie made

You don't do that to people. Sparring is just work. You're paying them to go through the motions and mimmick the opponent. Going to be bad days. Only itches (and I made sure to use that word" release sparring footage. That's what Conor is. That's hoe shit
<bball2>

A lot of people don't get that. Sparring can get rough but its not a fight. Its where you work on the shit you need for the actual fight. You do the wrong shit in the gym so you get it right in the ring.

It was talked about a lot a few years back (same with Spence KOing Broner in sparring). From what I remember they sparred leading up to the Guerrero fight.
Floyd said something about it when Khan was trying to get Floyd in the ring too.

A lot of people don't get that. Sparring can get rough but its not a fight. Its where you work on the shit you need for the actual fight. You do the wrong shit in the gym so you get it right in the ring.

Exactly. But your general fan base gets excited when the media reports something. Just like how Valero had DLH on queer street in sparring. I was there. Valero was treating it like a fight. Oscar was drunk too still. It's one of the most exgarrerated stories I've ever hear.

So Floyd CAN have a bad day. He could probably count them on both hands to be fair.

Well, somebody could for him at least.

Exactly. But your general fan base gets excited when the media reports something. Just like how Valero had DLH on queer street in sparring. I was there. Valero was treating it like a fight. Oscar was drunk too still. It's one of the most exgarrerated stories I've ever hear.
Mayweather ducked the one guy who could have beaten him.

Paul Spadafora

Just realized 6 minute rounds and 15-30 second rests, standing.

He basically does what he wants. Good article here that has a bit about mayweathers sparing

He did four three-minute rounds with a Mexican, and then with a Spanish guy, and then it was my turn. And it was just out of the blue when I got called, because he was just so un-fucking-predictable. And I’m a man of routine, so if I’m sparring at two o’clock, I want to know I’m sparring at two o’clock. He does what he wants, when he wants, but I couldn’t let him get to me.

“Now, I say they were six minutes, but I should add that when Floyd wants, he’ll just stop. So one round was six minutes, one round was five-and-a-bit minutes, the next was six minutes, then five minutes. Rafael had his clock, so he’d tell me at the end of each round: ‘That was five minutes, thirty seconds.’

http://www.the42.ie/robert-gorman-3550758-Aug2017/?utm_source=shortlink

Last edited:
Back