This is the First Time there isn't a CLEAR P4P #1

What should be the parameters for p4p? Isn't it:

-best of his weight class
-tougher opposition the better

Why do they have to be well-rounded to be p4p? Does it really matter how they win? Even if a guy's a one-dimensional fighter and he's getting the job done, is it his fault for winning one way over and over or is it his opposition's fault for not being able to crack the code to defeat them?

It matters when he hasn't beat any high level wrestlers yet.

Who is the best fighter in the sport right now? Here's a list of the top guys, and I can honestly make an argument for any one of them being the top guy:

1. Khabib
2. Tony
3. Max
4. TJ
5. Cormier

Then others:
6. Woodley
7. Jones - He'd go right back to #1 and solve this problem, if he looks impressive vs Gus

Can anyone remember a time when the P4P Rankings were so unclear?
If you don't care about PEDs:
Jones is #1 just look at what he did to everyone including one of the greatest of all time in Cormier

If you care about PEDs:
Cormier is #1 look at what he did to everyone in 2 different divisions including some of all time greats

Then is Khabib, the guy lost like 1 round in his whole career and he kind of chose to.

Jones popped twice out of three fights under enhanced testing, and the one time he didn't he looked the worst he has ever against not exactly the best opponent he ever had (OSP). He's disqualified until he proves he can perform at that level without pissing hot under enhanced testing.

It's either Max or DC. Khabib actually doesn't have as many wins against top tier competition as one would think.

P4P is an entirely subjective argument so there has never been a clear #1. The premise of your thread is flawed.

For everyone on your list there is an argument for them as well as against them being number 1.

It has a lot to do with skill set, actually. But P4P is stupid anyway.

it has nothing to do with skill set.

Not sure why you think that. Strange.

Who cares how fighters win fights? As long as they win.

So a more well rounded fighter is going to be higher on the P4P rankings than a 1- dimensional fighter who wins more fights? That makes no sense at all.

DC because of beating Stipe. Jones and him have been the best for the last 4-5 years. If Jones beats Gus he's back to #1, while you could make a case for DC because of champ champ.

P4P is dumb fantasy shit

DC cuz he'd kill all those guys in the same night

Hmmm

If we’re just talking new age (and those with controversy on the side) then I like your list TS. Here’s how I would rank them:

1- Cormier
2- Khabib
3- Max
4- Tony
5- TJ

and you’re right, Bones tops the list if he beats Gus.

Who is the best fighter in the sport right now? Here's a list of the top guys, and I can honestly make an argument for any one of them being the top guy:

1. Khabib
2. Tony
3. Max
4. TJ
5. Cormier

Then others:
6. Woodley
7. Jones - He'd go right back to #1 and solve this problem, if he looks impressive vs Gus

I always have a problem with putting guys who have (had) problems making weight in the P4P top. A guy like Whittaker should be higher than Woodley, Khabib and Max IMO

Jones is if you believe performance enhancing drugs don’t enhance performance.

jones after the first dc fight was clear #1 p4p imo. right now there really isn't one, I agree

1. Khabib
2. Tony
3. Max
4. TJ
5. Cormier

Then others:
6. Woodley

Imo the UFC P4P Rankings are:

1. DC
2. Khabib
3. Dillishaw
4. Holloway
5. Whittaker
6. Woodley
7. Tony

The rest

Back