This is the first time Conor has fought at 170pounds!!

Gladiator24

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
His first fight at this weight. Therefore it's a learning experience. He learnt a lot about energy consumption and his power at that weight. This will make him more dangerous when he fights for the 155 belt.

You can't expect someone to go into a 170 pound fight and suddenly to be an expert in that weight.

Knowledge is power.

Conor is a great fighter but

Boxing beats touch butt and BJJ beats panic wrestlers.

Hes not fighting at 155 for the belt next or ufc will get attacked by nearly everyone for that move

Weight has nothing to do with his horrific ground game.

dP0sgO8wXDwcw.gif

Its his own fault for being stupid/over confident. Took a chance and didnt pay off. (Paid financially though)

His first fight at this weight. Therefore it's a learning experience. He learnt a lot about energy consumption and his power at that weight. This will make him more dangerous when he fights for the 155 belt.

You can't expect someone to go into a 170 pound fight and suddenly to be an expert in that weight.

Knowledge is power.

I'm not an expert or have any extensive experience with this subject, but I would figure that if you didn't have to cut weight then your cardio should be better.

Also, Nate fights at 155, so pretty much they fought without having to deplete themselves.

Can someone with more experience and knowledge chime in? My "common sense" might be wrong.

It's also the first time he fought a grown ass man, not midgets. Besides I thought lions weighed well above 170 and didn't get smacked up by gazelle's.

I love Conor, but he learned the hard way that weight classes really do exist for a reason and there is a difference between minor org LWs and UFC LWs (who are all just WWs forced to cut down because of all the MWs at WW).

Energy consumption/inefficiency my ass. Dude gassed cuz he got punched in the face over and over.

You guys are ridiculous with this bullshit.

The only thing telling about this fight is that Nate was Conor's first 155lb opponent and he got starched in the second round.

Neither guy is a Welterweight and both came in without having to cut weight. Nate weighed 169, Conor weighed 168lb. If both men were to fight at Lightweight it's pretty clear that is the range that they'd cut from.

The only area in which to give Conor praise were for his first round efforts and for taking on a different opponent on 11 days notice.

It's funny because this didn't stop McGregor fans from saying it non-stop.

...first at 170 yes. But he was with full training camp and ready to cut to 155. He had full energy because he didn't need to cut weight. 170 is probably his natural weight.
Don't make reasons for him.

Step out of your Conor zone and check out Diaz's side:
Nate Diaz had 10 days. No camp. Shit water from Mexico (literally, because of the corrupt government and lack of funds in infrastructure)...etc.

Conor makes it like he wasn't comfortable taking 170. He told Nate to take that weight so he didn't need to cut weight. (There's a dumbass user here that suggested Conor had to eat up, to gain weight to make 170. Hahaha. Dumb)

There's no highlight reel of striking to the body. Just Stockton slapped and submitted like his other losses. His striking is good, but maaan, his JJ is still as bad as when he fought Duffy years ago. <--A jourenyman he aptly calls 'A bum.'

Last edited:

Knowledge is power.
Shut up, dude. Didn't you get the memo; Conor is the worst fighter of all time and a fraud machine. The chickens have come home to roost. Andy Wang would starch Conor now.

Back