"This is the best time to be a boxer..."

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
Really good article and filled without a lot of truth and a mentality some would prosper to have.

I was gutted when the WBC and WBA started recognising different champions back in the 1970s. However, you have to move on and adapt - all I ask is that once you become a champion you try to fight the best or unify.

A fighter recently said that there’s only one world, so how can we have so many world champions? Business-wise, it makes the game thrive, as the young fans haven’t known anything else.

The U.K. now has 11 world title-holders, who would have thought that such a tiny Island would produce so many? Not everyone is the dominant force in their division, but that can change. People now know that if you’re the best in Britain you can fight, which makes me proud.

What is most important is that we’re right up there with the other great boxing nations. This is the best time to be a boxer in Britain, let’s make the most of it

Read more here : http://www.boxingmonthly.com/columns/preacher-u-k-flourishing-in-multi-champ-era/

If I'm not mistaken you guys have more champions than anyone else at the moment. Also, I thought you lived in Mexico? Or are you a Brit living there? Your location still shows it and I'm curious.

If I'm not mistaken you guys have more champions than anyone else at the moment. Also, I thought you lived in Mexico? Or are you a Brit living there? Your location still shows it and I'm curious.
I live in Mexico but I am pretty amazed how well the Brits are doing and how good the market is doing .

Too bad pbc sucks. We need someone to unify boxing and have one recognized belt.

We are absolutely kicking arse at the Olympics too, in most areas, p4p greatest sporting nation on the globe... Come at me moogs....:cool:

Back