This is fake news(Prison RIOT in South Carolina)

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
7 inmates killed in 'mass casualty incident' at SC prison

BY TEDDY KULMALA, DWAYNE MCLEMORE AND EMILY BOHATCH

April 16, 2018 06:18 AM

BISHOPVILLE, SC
Seven inmates were killed during fights that lasted more than seven hours at a South Carolina prison Sunday night and into Monday morning, according to officials.

At least six emergency agencies responded to the "mass casualty incident" at Lee Correctional Institution in Lee County that resulted in the seven inmate deaths and 17 other inmates requiring medical attention, the S.C. Department of Corrections announced early Monday morning.

Though most of the autopsies have yet to be performed, it appears that many of the prisoners died from stabbing or slashing wounds from "shanks," Lee County Coroner Larry Logan said. The official cause of death will not be determined until after the autopsies.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...ass-casualty-incident-at-sc-prison/ar-AAvWpkn

Now back before we as a nation decided to see if we could make the book 1984 a reality, we used to call this a RIOT.

They are using the language the prison officials told them to use, because the word RIOT, looks bad.

How do you trust a media that uses the language the government official tells them to use?

Discuss.........

Edit: to be clear. This could be a mass casualty riot.

Disregard the mass casualty part.

Why would you call what is clearly a riot, a 'incident'?

Last edited:
Is this thread about the riot or MSN not using the word “riot” to describe it?

Or as Russia Today would have put it
7 inmates killed after falling from window at Moscow prison

Is this thread about the riot or MSN not using the word “riot” to describe it?

It is about the blatant Orwellian use of language, in mass casualty incident vs a riot.

This should be in the dictionary as the definition of babble speak.

Eh, MCI is a fairly common term nowadays. And a quick google shows NY times, Fox News, WaPo, CNN, USA Today all headlining it as “riot.”

Sooo..

Eh, MCI is a fairly common term nowadays. And a quick google shows NY times, Fox News, WaPo, CNN, USA Today all headlining it as “riot.”

Sooo..

Fairly ambiguous, yes.

Fairly common, no.

Also, I believe my thread title says, THIS is fake news, not NYT, Fox, CNN, ect etc are fake news.

It is about the blatant Orwellian use of language, in mass casualty incident vs a riot.

This should be in the dictionary as the definition of babble speak.
They are quoting what the prison officials said. What's the big deal? Calling it a "riot" could be construed as having an agenda as well.

They are quoting what the prison officials said. What's the big deal? Calling it a "riot" could be construed as having an agenda as well.

You quote what the official said in your title, and don't use the word riot once in your article?

Not credible.

Lastly, no, just no. Using the word that actually means what you are talking about, is not an agneda.

You apparently see a meaningful difference. Enlighten me. What is it?
In this case its just a joke, lighten up
Altho i don't see the problem you have with the new termology, it is still an accurate description of the incident no? Not that i have a problem with the term riot

My bachelor's degree is in journalism and it was impressed upon us that brevity was key. The old adage was "There are no 'automobile accidents,' only 'car crashes.'" This comes from the days of primarily print media but it's about more than column space.

In this case its just a joke, lighten up
Altho i don't see the problem you have with the new termology, it is still an accurate description of the incident no? Not that i have a problem with the term riot

No it is not accurate. It is a vague description. The word incident is about as benign and ambiguous as could be.

Forget the mass casualty part. It could be a mass casualty riot.

It is calling a riot, a incident, that I have issue with.

No, this is not fake news.

People who do not realize that using words they don't like to accurately report facts is different than reporting things that are not true are the bane of this country.

Also, for all we know it was a gang war, which is kinda different than a riot.

Back