This is an illegal knee

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
image-21.gif

The fact is, the guy was downed and he blatantly tried to knee him in the face, attempting to cheat should still come with a penalty if it doesn't work.

One of the elbows was square on the back of the neck/head. I don't like Stephens, never have and hope he gets finished his next fight. He should be fighting Swanson.

The fact is, the guy was downed and he blatantly tried to knee him in the face, attempting to cheat should still come with a penalty if it doesn't work.
This.
Its like saying attempted murder is ok because the murder didn’t succeed

This.
Its like saying attempted murder is ok because the murder didn’t succeed
Plus don't forget the elbows to the back of the head that did land.

Stephens was probably fighting on instinct after getting rocked earlier in the fight.

He was in full blown fight mode, doing whatever it takes to keep your opponent down.

It's the fight game, and some of these rules are plain stupid especially not being able to kick your opponent when his hands or knees are on the ground. Strikes to the back of the head though are a different story.

I hate some of the rules as they are a hindrance to a fighters natural reaction, but since these rules are in play you have to follow them, and by breaking them you will be punished.

Stephens strikes did land illegally, and they won him the fight.

This one is so vicious it should be illegal

tumblr_omorxwB1ac1udfb8oo1_500.gif

RIP Dariush
This is my fav flying knee besides Condit on Stun Gun. If you re watch the whole fight, dariush was shooting the takedown off the jab the whole fight, and Edson read it in the third

I agree. A failed cheating move gives you an unfair psychological edge because you just freaked out your victim that much more. It should be penalised.

If you ain't cheating you ain't trying...
rickybobby.jpeg

Stephens was probably fighting on instinct after getting rocked earlier in the fight.

He was in full blown fight mode, doing whatever it takes to keep your opponent down.

It's the fight game, and some of these rules are plain stupid especially not being able to kick your opponent when his hands or knees are on the ground. Strikes to the back of the head though are a different story.

I hate some of the rules as they are a hindrance to a fighters natural reaction, but since these rules are in play you have to follow them, and by breaking them you will be punished.

Stephens strikes did land illegally, and they won him the fight.
They did not win him the fight (the illegal blows) but they did touch probably should have been stopped with a warning then continued but the damage was done with the left hook tbh and the illegal blow before the belt probably didn’t help the situation either

Why the hell did dumbass Stephens throw the knee in the first place? If Merg wanted to he would have been more than with in his right to stop the fight and issue a warning which would have led to a NC or DQ

Josh was moving his head when Stephens landed the elbows.

The knee, on the other hand, is a different matter. Jeremy’s elbows were intended to be thrown and landed, but josh was moving so fake enough.

That knee was sent intentionally and looked like it was intended to land.

That was a weird decision

Back