Media Sean O’Malley’s coach called Aljamain Sterling’s name to throw him off right before getting KO’d

I noticed that when I watched the non-commentaty video of the fight and they showed O'Malley's corner guy saying that. I was confused but didn't go back to check if that was right.

Is this real? As in he did say that but did Aljo fall for that? Ns getting tko'ed?

I know the ref told the corner to quit doing that

Is this real? As in he did say that but did Aljo fall for that? Ns getting tko'ed?

I know the ref told the corner to quit doing that
Yes, if you look in the back on the screen when he yells it, it's when Sean is throwing the teep kick and the ko shot shortly after

This is stupid as fuck lmao. You think a point fighter like Aljo doesn't know who is winning rounds at all times? He sure as hell knows he doesn't "gotta go" four minutes into the second round of a five round title fight. Makes no sense.

I owe his coach an apology. Not for this one instance. But a year or so back I said sean needed to leave him, he was just a yes man, and he wouldn't reach his potential under him. I was absolutely wrong, and the 2 of them together have hit some pretty amazing heights.
Welch is a pretty smart dude.. and also funny

That's a good coach right there..

Welch is a pretty smart dude.. and also funny
Took me a while to see it. Guess I was probably blinded a bit by the kind of douche persona the 2 had going. But I grew some respect for Sean after he was in a complete dog fight with Petr Yan. And by extension I started giving Welch a more honest shake and perception and came around that he’s good with Sean and prepping him for fights.

Back