This has to kill any chance of partnership... right?

TS, did you really think he was going to end up a 10% partner, or have UFC let his company co-promote in Ireland, or some such thing?
Same people bought this shit show for 4.2 billion dollars. Mmm anything can happen.

I'd love having a business partner that acts out to a point of violence. It's great trying to represent what you're building with a guy who just doesn't give a fuck, and would rather throw a wrench in the cog for his own selfish enjoyment. He's not good for partnership. He's good to hold the stage.

If you have a choice - to lose a "stage holder" if he doesn't become a partnet - you'll think twice and negotiate. Not just throw "no"

If you have a choice - to lose a "stage holder" if he doesn't become a partnet - you'll think twice and negotiate. Not just throw "no"
Sure, a business never passed up on talent because it was too much of a liability. Never happened... or always happens? I'll go with the latter.

Sure, a business never passed up on talent because it was too much of a liability. Never happened... or always happens? I'll go with the latter.

How many businesses passed up on - not just a talent - but a golden goose - for being a liability?
Examples, please.

How many businesses passed up on - not just a talent - but a golden goose - for being a liability?
Examples, please.
Sure... how's Louie CK's movie going? Is he not liability? Is his material not a golden egg? I'd say yes.

Let's just say:

Conor moves to Bellator bcoz they surely would give him some shares and PPV. He makes for opening a fight was Oscar de la Hoya.

Says to Dana that she is already a boxing promoter.

Surely gets lots of cash from this fight. Maybe not Floyd lots of cash, but still better than Tony.

Just saying.

Sure... how's Louie CK's movie going? Is he not liability? Is his material not a golden egg? I'd say yes.

Comparing sexual misconduct with what Conor did?
Comparing HBO, having dozens of mega talented actors and comedians, with UFC, that has 2.5 superstars and Conor is the biggest of them?

Incomparable.
Try harder.

You guys are living in fantasy land if you think this in any way negatively effects Conor, or will somehow lead to his "downfall". Sad, wishful thinking.

If anything it makes him more likely to become partner. He just proved he can put Bellator in the limelight whenever he wants.

This is a company that willfully employes violent criminals, drug abusing degenerates, and steroid cheaters. What Conor did is not nearly as bad, and he has sooo much more pull. He coukd take a literal shit on Dana's bald head and face zero consequences.

You guys are living in fantasy land if you think this in any way negatively effects Conor, or will somehow lead to his "downfall". Sad, wishful thinking.

If anything it makes him more likely to become partner. He just proved he can put Bellator in the limelight whenever he wants.

This is a company that willfully employes violent criminals, drug abusing degenerates, and steroid cheaters. What Conor did is not nearly as bad, and he has sooo much more pull. He coukd take a literal shit on Dana's bald head and face zero consequences.

With this:

violent criminals, drug abusing degenerates, and steroid cheaters.

You mean UFC and Jon Jones?

Comparing sexual misconduct with what Conor did?
Comparing HBO, having dozens of mega talented actors and comedians, with UFC, that has 2.5 superstars and Conor is the biggest of them?

Incomparable.
Try harder.
No, it's correct. Louie CK is a golden goose and he did something stupid that made him into a liability to where no one wants to do business with him. Exactly what we were talking about. You just don't want to be proven wrong, so you'll find a way discredit anything I say. He's a good example.

And by the way you're responding I can see that If I'd bring anyone up, you'd just say he's not Conor.

Now please reply with an insult to solidify that you don't have counter logic. All you do is discredit logic.

No, it's correct. Louie CK is a golden goose and he did something stupid that made him into a liability to where no one wants to do business with him. Exactly what we were talking about. You just don't want to be proven wrong, so you'll find a way discredit anything I say. He's a good example.

And by the way you're responding I can see that If I'd bring anyone up, you'd just say he's not Conor.

Now please reply with an insult to solidify that you don't have counter logic. All you do is discredit logic.

I showed you exactly why your example, maybe (for those who do not actually use logic) is completely disproportional to the current situation.
Louis CK is a valuable worker for HBO, but golden goose he isn't.

Thus I haven't been proven wrong. Your example didn't show anything.

Next?

I showed you exactly why your example, maybe (for those who do not actually use logic) is completely disproportional to the current situation.
Louis CK is a valuable worker for HBO, but golden goose he isn't.

Thus I haven't been proven wrong. Your example didn't show anything.

Next?
Uh huh. So he wasn't the biggest standup comic for the last few years, making anything he wanted. He's not just an employee for HBO, buddy. He actually has an enormous career that has blossomed because he got so damn popular. Know who he is fist to understand.

If I remember correctly your argument before was because his "crime" didn't match. NOW it's because he's not a golden goose. You can't even stick to your discrediting arguments. Form an actual argument and learn that you can be wrong sometimes, and it's easier to understand other people's points instead of making them about your own.

Uh huh. So he wasn't the biggest standup comic for the last few years, making anything he wanted. He's not just an employee for HBO, buddy. He actually has an enormous career that has blossomed because he got so damn popular. Know who he is fist to understand.

If I remember correctly your argument before was because his "crime" didn't match. NOW it's because he's not a golden goose. You can't even stick to your discrediting arguments. Form an actual argument and learn that you can be wrong sometimes, and it's easier to understand other people's points instead of making them about your own.

OK, so let me paraphrase something that I thought was pretty understandable from the very beginning of this chewing conversation:

Conor is much more critical, important figure for UFC than Louis CK for HBO.

OK, so let me paraphrase something that I thought was pretty understandable from the very beginning of this chewing conversation:

Conor is much more critical, important figure for UFC than Louis CK for HBO.
Hey, you have an actual argument now! Good on you.

Even though I disagree, Conor's actions still hold anyone back from wanting to make a business deal with him. If he leaves, the UFC doesn't lose money, you know that right. They just can't make more money. Not making money that doesn't exist yet isn't a huge problem especially since in the last year, he's barely fought for them. So losing a possible once a year golden egg doesn't hurt the company.

This is also not me saying he's going to leave, it's just an example on how they don't need him.

What i'm getting at is that even though he's their top earner, now the earner wants to own part of the pie. He's already caused shit with that can incident that left a sour taste in the the UFC's mouth, now he's representing them in another country in another org, being an arrogant violent person outside the cage. They are in the middle of negotiations right now. A horrible time to try to make partner!

Now the UFC stated that he's been pulled from 219. Though it's bullshit, they basically said to Conor with that, that they were no longer in the negotiations for that fight they were making. Something Conor, I bet, was hoping to get because you KNOW a partnership was discussed when negotiating that fight.

So the UFC fake pulling Conor from an event shows that they aren't that desperate to be partnered so soon with someone like him.

Lengthly, I know. But it's my point.

Theyre never going to give Conor co promotion and he knows that.

They'll either give him another five to ten mil per fight or allow him to buy some stock.

Conor becoming a partner would create a terrible precedent for the UFC and they would have to be incredibly short-sighted to let that happen.

Conor will partner with TMT and create his own promotion if the UFC doesn't want to do business.

He wouldnt be able to fight in it, so there isnt much reason to believe it would do well.

Hes just fishing for more money, and he'll get it.

He wouldnt be able to fight in it, so there isnt much reason to believe it would do well.

Hes just fishing for more money, and he'll get it.
Didnt rey sefo fight in wsof while being CEO?

Back