This guy would have been UFC champion

I really like how nobody mentions the fact that Tyler was 16 or 17 years old, when he reposted that meme. You really think somebody's adult career, should be derailed for a stupid thing they said, or in this case "reposted", as a highschooler?

He reposted the picture, but he added his own racist hashtags to it. Look again.

Wonder why these fighters like Torres and this guy did just say they got hacked
LGFnPXd_d.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-10-20-at-10.56.00-PM.jpg

He reposted the picture, but he added his own racist hashtags to it. Look again.
Yeah, but he was 16, and that word doesn't have the same history behind where he's from. In fact, where he's from, he is considered "black", that's a slur people would use against him.

Yeah, but he was 16, and that word doesn't have the same history behind where he's from. In fact, where he's from, he is considered "black", that's a slur people would use against him.

NOW WAIT A MINUTE:

upload_2018-11-13_23-50-19.png

Joined in 2014.
The only 2 messages were in this thread, regarding Tyler Mawanaroa.
Nickname strangely reminds of all the hashtags Mawanaroa used in his notorious post.

Dear @HeHitsMeBecause AKA Tyler Mawanaroa, welcome to Sherdog!!

you can have all the talent in the world dont mean shit if youre an idiot lol

His name is Tyler Manawaroa, he had a 10-0 record at only 18 years of age. By 19 he signed with the TUF series and went to war with Nordine Taleb, who was Canada's number 1 pick and walked away with the victory. Then after that fight he went on to make it to the semi finals, where he was eventually beaten in the most boring way to Elias.

Now i believe he would have been champion because he was so raw, young and talented but extremely tough. With age he would have only gotten bigger and stronger. He shares a similar genetic makeup to Robert Whittaker as they're both Maori, but this guy Tyler is originally a big MW, far younger and tougher with great striking. If he focused on a bit of wrestling like Rob he would have been champ.

Did Conor copy Tyler's belly tattoo?
1345561933manawaroa.jpg

Nah he was a racist even tho he was simian or an islander or mark hunts long flap of fat
Hes Aboriginal/Somoan hes black and if you strolled down this way youd realise Islanders and Indigenous Australians call each other :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s all the time. Sadly some have adopted the shit hood rat mentality and lingo of American Blacks

Hes Aboriginal/Somoan hes black and if you strolled down this way youd realise Islanders and Indigenous Australians call each other :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s all the time. Sadly some have adopted the shit hood rat mentality and lingo of American Blacks
Whoa was he a prito tuavasa before like mark hunts took a dump to make his protege.

NOW WAIT A MINUTE:

View attachment 470643

Joined in 2014.
The only 2 messages were in this thread, regarding Tyler Mawanaroa.
Nickname strangely reminds of all the hashtags Mawanaroa used in his notorious post.

Dear @HeHitsMeBecause AKA Tyler Mawanaroa, welcome to Sherdog!!
No, I'm a longtime UGer, I made an account here a few years ago, never posted. Then yesterday I googled Tyler Manawarowa, out of curiosity, and this thread was on the first page of google results. I read the thread and saw that nobody mentioned the fact that Tyler was 16 when he posted that, which kinda bothered me, because that's probably the single most important piece of context, and nobody thought to mention it. So I logged in real quick, and made a post.

Last edited:
And my screen name is supposed to be "HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe", which is my UG screen name. It didn't fit, and I didn't figure I'd be posting here much. So I just used half of my screen name.

Wasnt able to do anything since 2013. really do not think he would be champ is a minor league.

Exactly, It's not something I think is particularly classy, or that they should be proud of it. It is just another piece of important context, which nobody previously mentioned in this thread. It's obviously a ridiculous, unfunny meme. Given the context though, the fact he was like 16, the fact that it has a very different historical usage where he's from. I think the punishment was unjust.

How fucking stupid do you have to be to post that picture on Facebook. The monumental levels of stupidity that some people show these days in regards to social media is truly mindboggling.

It's not social media stupidity. It's just flat out actual stupidity. .

The internet just allows a larger segment of the population to see it

I also don't think it's obvious that he would have been a champion, or top middleweight, had this not happened. I just thought he was treated unfairly, and was pretty disappointed to see that he gave up fighting, after that. He did well on TUF, and the guy was undoubtedly a talented fighter.

Tyler likes to party more than Tyler likes to fight.

Allegedly.

During the TUF season he was on (with Whittaker), he appeared to have great size and potential, given his age and record. He did give off that vibe though that his workrate, commitment and decisions outside the cage might stop him reaching his potential. Needed a bit of guidance and structure to keep him on the right path.

He had huge hype behind him in Australia. He trained st the same gym as Jessy Rose Clark and Ben 10. After the show he partied a lot (he was 19), and he only trained her and there. The gym he's from won't put you in fights if you're not training every night, so he stopped going.

He blew up too, the dude couldn't make MW anymore. Funny fact, he was a WW right up until his last pro fight as he was still filling out right up until the show. He's only fought at MW 3 times - once before the show and twice on it.

I never trained with him, but I heard nothing but good things about him. He obviously never found his focus again.

Back