This guy called out a pirate . . . to his face . . . on TV

That's pretty great. My favorite all-time moment was the super folksy Midwestern guy at the airport.

Any evidence on this besides unqualified cynicism?

He's said quite a lot that is contrary to the interests of HBO.

"contrary to interest of HBO"? Like what ? ? ?

He is a TV personality. He hosts a TV show meant to make people laugh.

"contrary to interest of HBO"? Like what ? ? ?

Going after corporate consolidation and merger standard relaxation (HUGE interest for Time Warner), corporate tax shelters and tax evasion, corporate lobbying, the laughable percentage of corporate tax cuts that were passed on too works and the 90% that went to dividends and executive salaries.

He's hardly a Time Warner mouthpiece.

He is a TV personality. He hosts a TV show meant to make people laugh.

Of all the popular news entertainment shows, his is by far the most issue-comprehensive and legitimately informative.

For instance, his episodes on:
Congressional fundraising
Mandatory minimum sentencing
Nuclear weapon maintenance
Native advertising (ads secretly worked into journalistic content)
State lotteries

...were all extremely informative and on issues that aren't exactly commonly thought of.

I'd recommend you give it a greater chance before dismissing it as hollow comedy.

Going after corporate consolidation and merger standard relaxation (HUGE interest for Time Warner), corporate tax shelters and tax evasion, corporate lobbying, the laughable percentage of corporate tax cuts that were passed on too works and the 90% that went to dividends and executive salaries.

He's hardly a Time Warner mouthpiece.

Of all the popular news entertainment shows, his is by far the most issue-comprehensive and legitimately informative.

For instance, his episodes on:
Congressional fundraising
Mandatory minimum sentencing
Nuclear weapon maintenance
Native advertising (ads secretly worked into journalistic content)
State lotteries

...were all extremely informative and on issues that aren't exactly commonly thought of.

I'd recommend you give it a greater chance before dismissing it as hollow comedy.

I have seen enough of his episodes. His show makes political jokes like The Daily Show with John Stewart does. It does not matter how specific he is. His production team can get him whatever info he needs. They are just trying to capitalize on the popularity of the Daily Show, with a spinoff.

well you dont see leftists getting their panties in a knot over the dumb shit Greg Gutfeld says on Red Eye, which is essentially the right's version of "comedy" news. Yet somehow, this Brit can consistently inspire such whiny outrage from conservatives.

Meh.
Lefties whine about Crowder - who really should be beneath criticism most of the time.

And calling John Oliver a little bitch is less getting one's panties in a knot, and more a simple observation.

Yeah, he is funny, but he is also a snooty, one sided asshat. Someone call peta, they just dipped a badger in chocolate.

Like the advertisers for Laura Ingrahm?

They have every right not to advertise on her show for what she said and people on both sides can boycott them for their actions either way.

I don't get the John Oliver hate. He has some pretty good segments.

John Oliver probably has more contempt for the average man on street than most of the people he complains about. He's an arrogant snob and a massive hypocrite to boot who uses tax loopholes himself.

John Oliver probably has more contempt for the average man on street than most of the people he complains about. He's an arrogant snob and a massive hypocrite to boot who uses tax loopholes himself.

Why do you believe any of these accusations to be true?

You know this how? Ever spent any time with him?

I don't get the John Oliver hate. He has some pretty good segments.

He CAN have good arguments. Something like this is straight forward. It is when he kind of lies to support far left policies that he falls apart.
An example is say with the islamic refugees, he chooses to show a little girl that is handicapped and like she represents a good portion of the immigrants....when that is factually false. Most immigrants are male from 16-30 years old.
Does show them. Just the crippled girl.
That is deceitful.

I have no idea who Greg Gutfeld is. Leftists get their panties in a twist* over a lot of television personalities lmao.
says the one with the twistiest of panties.

Back