This gif of McGregor

I don't recall the UFC offering Faber as an alternate opponent when RDA got injured. Faber has never fought at LW (if I recall correctly) and had most recently lost the title fight to Cruz at BW, so I find this claim dubious at best. I'm sure Faber might have offered to step in... there was a bunch of fighters that did. There's a huge difference between Faber willing to step in and the UFC actually offering him the match. Most fighters that do offer to step in and face McGregor on short notice seemed to conveniently get passed over in favour of lesser opponents.

All of the willing fighters that were in camp or fight-ready, yet vacationing Diaz gets picked and you don't think that was done as a favour to McGregor and avoid tougher matchups? Please. McGregor/Diaz would've provided much better soundbytes in the media placements, and was the easiest opponent at the time.

I'm sure Cerrone loses less sleep over a loss to RDA than Conor's does in his losses to Duffy or Sitenkov. Cerrone would've worked Conor's legs and mixed up his combo's better than Diaz did, and tried to roll out of the pocket in exchanges. Pettis is good at stiking from angles, uses kicks to keep opponents at range and gets in and out faster than Diaz... far, far superior octagon movement.
Pettis is overated, sloppy boxing, half decent kicks and good jiu jitsu off his back. You mean like how Cerrone worked Nate's legs? If Nate threw with the kind of power Mcgregor does Cerrone would have been knocked out several times over. Imo Nate is a worse matchup for Mcgregor than Khabib. Nate's biggest weakness is wrestling, is Conor a wrestler? At least in Khabib's case he would be just as outmatched on the feet as Mcgregor would be on the ground.

He did though, they both offered to fight him and the requests went ignored.

Yes maybe...but come on
I'm sure Jim Miller would step in for a big payday ...is Conor ducking him too??

IMHO the first nate fight was a good Thing for Conor...he started to believe he's untouchable...looks way more obsessed since that loss.

That gif made me feel sorry for Conor at the time, Nate destroyed his reality and he looked like he was about to have a panic attack just seeing the man.

giphy.gif
IpmKtR2.gif

Seen this before and what I saw in it was Conor looking for approval from Nate. He wanted some kind of acknowledgement, some respect. He got none, Nate was cold as ice.

Then Conor woke up the next day and was fu**ing pissed.

I love the fact that we all kiss this guy's arse for "being humble" after a loss.

Isn't this the same bloke who made excuses for 3 straight months about why he lost?

How on earth was he anymore humble than Cruz after Garbrandt, Gastelum after Weidman etc.

Fake humble. He was just so gutted because his "unbeatable" shtick was over and he lost to the "easy choice" that he himself chose.

Even me (a huge Diaz fan), picked against a 11 day notice, out of camp, Nate Diaz. Conor ducked Cerrone, Pettis and Nurmagomedov to take on Diaz. Nate made zero sense, but they chose the stiff, slow boxer, with zero takedown offense, anyway.

Little did they know, Conor's range disadvantage and overrated power would cost him big.

Shame!

Diaz definitely more dangerous than Cowboy or Pettis, and is 1-0 in slap boxing against the Eagle.

Fake Nate Fan. Diaz #1 the only man contesting him is my boy TFerg.

Yeah, I never understood this gif.

Well, I know it's meant to be funny but Conor is straight up looking at Nate, like expecting to nod or something. He's not scared at all. He is in fact looking to the man that beat him up like to say something like congrats or great fight.

Nate just rolls by not giving a fuck though.

the best one lol. fitting that its shogun of all people too

It almost looks like it was acted out for a comedy skit, but it's just Conor being Conor and Shogun doing the WTF in the background.

It almost looks like it was acted out for a comedy skit, but it's just Conor being Conor and Shogun doing the WTF in the background.
shogun has done it all in the sport, from the wars in pride to winning the ufc belt 5 years later. plus those hendo fights!

not surprised he wouldnt take mcgregor seriously in that situation. back then it was more about letting ur actions in the fights speak for themselves, now we have people "promoting" and talking shit and then they put everyone to sleep and don't do shit. miss the old days where it wasn't just about money

Lol @ the Conor fans chalking his shookness up as some sign of attempted acknowledgement from Diaz.

Conor was fucking SHOOK, the gif is there as solid proof. But whatever helps you Conor nuthuggers sleep at night.

bork1}

Conor knew the mode was tense and was looking for a check, but Nate just snubbed him. Nothing more nothing less IMO
Kinda weird considering he basically made Nates dream true and took him from 30k to 3 million. I guess Nate has a hard time putting down the gimmick and actually believes this is street. That or he knew the rematch would happen and wanted to keep it real.

He was afraid Nate would continue the shit talk, Conor had nothing less and was very scared. Nate being very classy and just ignoring his corpse

It’s funny how insecure he is. He looks 3 times to see if anyone is watching him not be able to do that.
He has always shown insecurities, being 5”8 and calling other people short/small is one hell of an indication

I don't know who made it, it's hilariously funny BUT.

giphy.gif

Even though i find it amusing, i have to take into consideration what a sportsman he is there, he is not scared, but is fighting an inner battle, preparing to swallow his pride and congratulate Nate (who walks past him anticlimacticly) and Conor recognizes Nate as the winner who decides himself if he wants to give Conor that opportunity, takes a big man to owe up like that and not spill your salt infront of your opponent.

Humble in victory or defeat as he says, i think that's respectable.

Just felt like it had to be said.
Yeah... and then right after that he started talking trash again and showed just how humble he was.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back