This generation's Fab Four

actjac

Down goes Frazuh...down goes Frazuh
@purple
Reaction score
For the next few years a series of round robin fights involving Deontay Wilder, Oleksandr Usyk, Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury will make this the Golden Era of heavyweights.

Not sure about golden era, thats a reach and a half, but better than the previous era, absolutely.

If it comes close to the 90s it will be good enough.

not big on joshua. really think wilder sleeps him and fury outboxes him. usyk likely isn’t big enough. wilder & fury are the two best of this era for the time being.

This isn't a golden era, but the HW division is genuinely promising. The last time there was real promise in the division was the early 00s, and the last time the division really delivered was the 90s.

I don't think they can quite be compared to the Fab Four lol Those guys were all-time greats. But certainly, these are the best crop of HW's for quite some time. I suppose you could call them the HW Fab Four but I think that doesn't respect how good the original Fab Four were. Either way HW just got really interesting again. And when HW Boxing does well Boxing does well.

Not sure what Usyk has done to be mentioned with those heavyweights.

They have to first fight each other, and Usyk has to get to the division.

Hagler, Duran, Hearns, Leonard......that fantastic four? fab four? four kings?

They all fought each other, and didn't make excuses to not do so.

Back