This fighter is the next *all time great* FAILS

Pete Spratt beat Robbie Lawler and was offered a title shot against Hughes. He turned it down. He was pretty hyped after beating Lawler. Back in the day.

Erik "Forever Young" Silva
Houston "4 Real" Alexander
The Machida Era (Including 1 robbery title defense before getting ktfo)
Cain "Leap Year" Velasquez
Yair, Almeida, soon to be Zabit

"The Machida Era"
Uriah Hall
That punk Junie Allen Browning being called a "super talented guy" by Dana
Brandon Vera, who said he'd be the HW and LHW champ after like 2 wins versus two shitty heavyweights
When Heath Herring first came to the UFC, the HW division was so poor, people thought he'd become champ in the blink of an eye...he then lost his first fight in a snoozefest versus Jake O'Brien

I can think of a certain Irishman who became a 2-division champ and was touted as a potential GOAT but was stripped of both belts without ever defending either of them.

In fact, if I remember correctly, he's been defeated in another sport and arrested for acting like a hooligan more times than he's fought in the UFC since those "glory days".

Done, congrats on being the only dumbo in this list.

Uh it was Dana White that actually said it.

It's the infamous quote concerning Nover that people bring up all the time.

Come on man, do some research.

Who said Nover was "the next Silva" lol. Just TS.

The guy is a part time fighter, part time Nurse ffs.

Dumber is a Silva, Aldo nuthugger, keep making shit threads.

dumbest post so far today on sherdog.

dumbest post so far today on sherdog.
You still mad after calling you out eyy. Damn keep the hatred in there. Your opinion doesnt matter any more than Dumber.

Who said Nover was "the next Silva" lol. Just TS.

The guy is a part time fighter, part time Nurse ffs.

Dumber is a Silva, Aldo nuthugger, keep making shit threads.

Dana White said it on TUF. Failed attempt at attacking a poster.

You still mad after calling you out eyy. Damn keep the hatred in there. Your opinion doesnt matter any more than Dumber.

calling me out for what?

You made a dumb post, and weren't quick enough to edit it.

STEVIE-dealwithit.gif

Vitor Belfort was supposed to be the next big thing way back when

Randy Couture had something to say about that

Another one is "Welcome to the Machida Era"

Shogun had something to say about that

Yeap , just like Lesnar was suppose to rule the HW division for a long time ......... and

hGOkuuY.gif

Even by then Carwin exposed Lesnar as someone that goes fetal position even if you jab him.

Is it really early enough to say that Israel Adesanya has failed? He is still undefeated and won a close decision in his last outing. Hell, Jon Jones strugged against Gusmao. I'm not saying his ceiling is as high as Jon's could have been, but he's still in his twenties and is developing as a fighter.

Vitor Belfort was supposed to be the next big thing way back when

Randy Couture had something to say about that

Another one is "Welcome to the Machida Era"

Shogun had something to say about that

In all fairness, both guys were champions at least.

I'm thinking more like prospects heavily touted too early.

Ngannou
Gaethje
"Platinum Nation"
Etc

Is it really early enough to say that Israel Adesanya has failed? He is still undefeated and won a close decision in his last outing. Hell, Jon Jones strugged against Gusmao. I'm not saying his ceiling is as high as Jon's could have been, but he's still in his twenties and is developing as a fighter.

He'll be 29 in July, and he's already had 57 kickboxing matches.

Would say Erick Silva but there's still plenty of time.

I think people forget that Benson Henderson was supposed to be headed for greatness after he beat Edgar.

Also Aldo was perpetually in the GOAT conversation until he lost in 13 seconds.

Anderson is still the GOAT to me but it's likely he did roids his whole career. Seems he's out of the equation now.

If we're talking outrageous hype jobs Ngannou is definitely a strong contender in hindsight.

Back