"This fight is a chess match" examples?

Kazushi Sakuraba vs Carlos Newton (Pride 3)

Came to post this, absolutely love that fight. I met Carlos Newton in a bar in Newmarket Ontario like a decade ago lol true story.

Punk vs Gall was like playing chess with a rapist who flips the table over and has his way with you.

Woodley and Thompson.

Too bad a Glados couldn't send a stalemate associate.

Shogun Lyoto I immediately came to mind.

Newton Sakuraba was definitely in there after seeing the fight posted.

Lol mma isn't chess it's checkers. Boxing now, that's chess manifest.

people call everything a chess match whenever there is some part of strategy involved

its pretty stupid

Came to post this, absolutely love that fight. I met Carlos Newton in a bar in Newmarket Ontario like a decade ago lol true story.

It literally was a chess match where most of the fight was on the ground between two masters.....i enjoy watching grappling matches. That must have been something to meet him, i heard he's a very humble man.

It literally was a chess match where most of the fight was on the ground between two masters.....i enjoy watching grappling matches. That must have been something to meet him, i heard he's a very humble man.
the one b4, Saku vs White too

Did he tell u that he had been intensively working on his striking, ONCE AGAIN?

People who make this kind of comparison to chess have clearly never played chess at any reasonable level.

Machida vs Mousasi comes to mind as well as Rory vs Lawler 2 (which was also a war)

Early in his career I remember Guida had some chess match fights. Subs and reversals and position control all going too fast to even keep track of.

I guess it would be fast chess. :/

Nick Diaz vs Diego Sanchez is a great bjj back and forth.

Miguel Torres vs Mizugaki is an awesome battle too. "Dual heel hooks!" Mir spazzing out on commentary.

Back