This famous Joe Rogan Kicks video

Ξlliott

White Belt
@White
Reaction score

What'sup with this video

Any Sherdog Taekwondo blackbelts kicking this hard? Is this bag 4 pounds? How do you kick a floor-to-ceiling bag like this? What school of TKD is that

He's a 200lb man with a background in competitive kickboxing, a life time in martial arts and enough juice in his veins to make Brock lesnar blush.

He hits pretty hard, but im not that impressed, although powerful looking his kicks are slow and you can see those coming a mile away, most of those kicks look like hard pushes not much snap.

Winging your legs around like that, and slamming the bag around so hard it swings that far out of center can cause a person to over commit against targets that aren't stationary.

Personally, i think he has average technique, good power, but nothing exceptional for an experienced TKD practitioner. Speed-wise, i would say below average, because he sacrifice it for power. He also have a lot of tells, like small step to the side with the pivot leg before the back kick/spinning kick.

I don't know what kind of TKD he did, but all those kicks are pretty common. Lots of people have a misconception, that because in TKD tournaments they favor speed over power, that they don't know how to kick with force... Their round house may not compare with that of MT, but side kicks, back kicks, etc, are very powerful strikes...

yeah i never really understood while some sherdoggers get such a throbbing erection over these videos.

Like others said above his technique is average. You can find hordes of videos on youtube with TMA guys throwing the same and better.

Really terrifying that the only excuses have been juice. A 200lb athletic guy is a 200lb athletic guy to any 160lber. And it say this is a below average 200lber....

Overcommitting is a good point, but there are time where low-percentage killer blows are guaranteed on a gassed opponent.

Really terrifying that the only excuses have been juice. A 200lb athletic guy is a 200lb athletic guy to any 160lber. And it say this is a below average 200lber....

Overcommitting is a good point, but there are time where low-percentage killer blows are guaranteed on a gassed opponent.
Huh?

Mike Dolce, where are you, bro?

fury-fat9.jpg

Back