This card won't crack 150k buys

This card is really whack overall. It doesn't matter if Max and Ortega can have a FOTY. Neither of them are big enough names nor good enough at promoting. I have heard less about this event than UFC China. Excuse Champ Joanna vs Valentina is another one nobody gonna give a shit about. Womens MMA is struggling and Joanna gets smacked up by a flower child (who I love) and just is uninspiring since.
cool story kid...

Yeah, back in the day when there was only four titles, each PPV having one title fight was fine.

Now, there's twelve titles, and PPVs are a shitload more expensive.

It seems like the men's WW, MW, LHW, and HW titles aren't defended anywhere close to how often they used to be defended.

Three titles fights per PPV should be the damn standard.

Yea the UFC needs to implement a stricter policy on stripping champions. 6 months without defending the belt and no scheduled fight == automatic title loss.

The only exceptions should be for legitimate injuries, verified by independent doctors.

This card is really whack overall. It doesn't matter if Max and Ortega can have a FOTY. Neither of them are big enough names nor good enough at promoting. I have heard less about this event than UFC China. Excuse Champ Joanna vs Valentina is another one nobody gonna give a shit about. Womens MMA is struggling and Joanna gets smacked up by a flower child (who I love) and just is uninspiring since.

Why do you care? MMA gave us great fights when it was doing 30k buys and it will do it again.

Lol why do you weirdos care so much about the PPV buys?

Also, who gives a shit about the low card fights if the main card is on point?

This would have been blasphemy to say a few years ago, but there are way too many UFC events for me to want to sit through a 6-7 hour card in its entirety every weekend.

I blame Fantasy Football, for one. That and people having some weird admiration for rich people.

Years back, I started a thread saying that more than just title fights should've been five rounds. People were arguing against it because that would make the events longer - which would cost the UFC more.
<Huh2>

And this was during the prime years.
Now they have 5 round fights and it doesn't seem to have ruined anything.

Because it makes them feel superior if it is deemed a failure.
Strange, but that’s just how some people tick.
Failure of others boosts their own fragile ego.

Who cares, do you get a cut of the PPV buys? No you don’t so stfu. PPV buys doesn’t have a direct correlation on the quality of the card. Some cards look good on paper but aren’t that good Jones vs Cormier 1 is a good example since it was a decision fest. Then you have cards that look bad on paper that are entertaining like UFC 147. I’ve never understood why some mma fans are so invested in PPV buys just watch the card and shut up or don’t I don’t care

After of Khabib-Ferg, tonights top 2 fights are the next 2 best matchups avail currently available in UFC. I'm happy to go to bar and not have it filled with Conor cock sucking douchebags.

I don't give a shit what a card sells

I care about good fights

this card is dece
What?

You don't have stock and investments in UFC bro and hence care if its dying or not? (its dying)

99.99% of Sherbros are investors in UFC.

I care because I want the fighters to get paid. The UFC isn't going to be offering more money if they aren't getting a bigger ROI. It doesn't impact me directly, it's just something that I want to be better for the fighters. I won't lose any sleep over it. I just wish the UFC was better at appealing to bigger markets.
You are blaming UFC for what is largely fighters and fans fault. Don't be a hypocrite.

I can't say crap, I forked over some money for this fight.

I care because I want the fighters to get paid. The UFC isn't going to be offering more money if they aren't getting a bigger ROI. It doesn't impact me directly, it's just something that I want to be better for the fighters. I won't lose any sleep over it. I just wish the UFC was better at appealing to bigger markets.
Won’t lose any sleep over it but felt the need to make a thread to voice your concerns. Makes sense

OR

Making bad cards unprofitable will make the UFC focus on making better ones....

Given the way that their business is structured, this is a good card. Look at the first three months of the ESPN deal. They're running 11 shows in 12 weeks. They don't have the talent to stack every card.

I'll pay for a card that has two title fights that I'm interested in.

Won’t lose any sleep over it but felt the need to make a thread to voice your concerns. Makes sense

If you're losing sleep over threads on sherdog you need to be medicated'

Who cares, do you get a cut of the PPV buys? No you don’t so stfu. PPV buys doesn’t have a direct correlation on the quality of the card. Some cards look good on paper but aren’t that good Jones vs Cormier 1 is a good example since it was a decision fest. Then you have cards that look bad on paper that are entertaining like UFC 147. I’ve never understood why some mma fans are so invested in PPV buys just watch the card and shut up or don’t I don’t care

Lol@you thinking I can't be critical of something because I don't directly profit it from it. Seriously, you need to be medicated.

Back