Third Eye Blind....are they empirically good, or just generational?

I didn't remember who they were, so I listened to the videos in the thread. I recognized 2 songs. They suck.

Motorcycle Drive By was another good song from their first album. I'd describe them as a good but not great band, but maybe I'm being a bit easy on them because they hit me in the nostalgia feels.

They were pretty decent.

Even the sad songs of the late 90's were hopeful. I miss the 90's.

Motorcycle Drive By was another good song from their first album. I'd describe them as a good but not great band, but maybe I'm being a bit easy on them because they hit me in the nostalgia feels.

Pretty accurate. Good, not great.

Their hit songs cannot be listened to anymore without cringing. They are a part of a fad that is long dead.

Liked them back in the day but most of their songs from the first album arr about alcohol and drug use and are pretty depressing.

Listen to

It pretty much mocks all those types of songs and the entire fan base that eats shit like that up. He was a really good songwriter.

There other radio songs in the 90s were '10 days late and 'anything.' Both probably better than the ones you listed.
Idk bro, I'll listen to them on my drive in a bit, but better than Jumper and How's It? I'm skeptical

They're incredibly gay. That's really the first and last thought which comes to mind.

Stop. Bush was the nickelback, and they have a couple good songs. Nickelback was just ruined by the fact that the industry made all the other bands disappear.
Calling Bush Nickelback is simply incorrect. Bush wrote decent songs and the rhythm guitarists work is really underrated. They weren't great. But they were a band that wrote music that was actually inspired in some way. Nickelback writes shit. They go into the writing process with the goal of selling the most albums/downloads they can, and it is very much reflected in their music which is as bland and nutless as is possible. And while they succeed at selling albums, a large part of that is the marketing push they get which I'm sure involves a ton of payola.

1997 was my best year ever....shit job, but NFG and a plethora of women...constantly blowing up my landline phone and beating down my door...it was memorable. So Third eye has a soft spot in my heart....are they any good?

I know, man. I'm old too.

Good times back then.

"You could cut ties with all the lies that you've been living in"
Third eye blind was fucking legit son. That's some real shit

I like em. But I'm from that generation so idk how younger ppl think of em.
Who gives a fuck what the young retards think... let them think they're onto something special with their fucking mumble rap bullshit lmao

Their hit songs cannot be listened to anymore without cringing. They are a part of a fad that is long dead.

What fad is that?

Grateful Dead
The Beatles
Mahavishnu Orchestra

It still makes me shiver that there are people who don't like the Beatles.

Music is subjective. I don't really care if someone tells me their not into it. But I have noticed a trend of hipsters acting as if the Beatles were mediocre. And as we know, it's hipster to hate on things that are generally regarded as good.

Back