Thinking of buying a Wii U for Zelda

Hey man, thanks for the response, I appreciate it. Looks like I might be in the same boat as the TS and looking at getting myself a dedicated "Zelda Machine."

Also, The Legend of Zelda and Adventures of Link. The Wii U is garbage but does have its zelda games.

I have a Wii U, but after experiencing portable Zelda on the Switch, I couldn't imagine only playing that game at my TV.
You can also play it on the gamepad thing. I love playing it on bed actually.

I haven't bought a console since the PS1, so what should I know about new gen Consoles or the Wii U specifically? Is it as simple as just 'plug and play', or do I have to set shit up. Also I see like 8 gb and like 32 gb, why does a console need 32 gb. I know it's ridiculous to buy a console for just one game, but Breath of the Wild just seems like too good of a gaming experience to pass up.

g1367905191528721414.jpg

Plus the Wii Us are going on CL for about 150 bucks. So it doesn't seem too outrageous.
Lol At all the people replying - they're the absolute worst Nintendo white knights only of Sherdog.

If you find a second hand WiiU cheap maybe go for it.

Otherwise you'll turn into one of the desperate posters on here justifying $400+ to buy a Switch to play a WiiU quality level game.

A fool and their money are easily parted!

Lol At all the people replying - they're the absolute worst Nintendo white knights only of Sherdog.

Otherwise you'll turn into one of the desperate posters on here justifying $400+ to buy a Switch to play a WiiU quality level game.

No intention at all to buy a Switch.

If 400 dollars for a switch was the most wasteful purchase of the year for me that would be a huge step up. I mean, I have 3 mechanical keyboards here, and only one desk. I have several 3-500 dollar headphones, 6 laptops, I just bought a 1080 ti, and I'm waiting on availability for the tpcast for wireless VR and the deluxe audio strap for the vive so I can buy those too.
$400 to play Zelda on the bus is perfectly acceptable. So far that's about $8/hour and I'm far from done with it.
I've played that one game more in under a month than I've played my PS4 since launch.

I haven't bought a console since the PS1, so what should I know about new gen Consoles or the Wii U specifically? Is it as simple as just 'plug and play', or do I have to set shit up. Also I see like 8 gb and like 32 gb, why does a console need 32 gb. I know it's ridiculous to buy a console for just one game, but Breath of the Wild just seems like too good of a gaming experience to pass up.

g1367905191528721414.jpg

Plus the Wii Us are going on CL for about 150 bucks. So it doesn't seem too outrageous.

Why not buy an used console?

If 400 dollars for a switch was the most wasteful purchase of the year for me that would be a huge step up. I mean, I have 3 mechanical keyboards here, and only one desk. I have several 3-500 dollar headphones, 6 laptops, I just bought a 1080 ti, and I'm waiting on availability for the tpcast for wireless VR and the deluxe audio strap for the vive so I can buy those too.
$400 to play Zelda on the bus is perfectly acceptable. So far that's about $8/hour and I'm far from done with it.
I've played that one game more in under a month than I've played my PS4 since launch.

You're not exactly a typical user and you have money to burn literally.

Like the dude with 6 laptops, 15 keyboards and 18 headphones who rides the bus...

That's the plan. Like I said there are some used for 150.

Go for it. You'll lose some money when you get bored and sell it but not a lot.

I just dumped my Xbox 360 and bought a PS3 to play yakuza4/5. I'll sell the PS3 on in two months. I've got a nice shiny PS4 for the rest of the time.

giphy.gif

Go for it. You'll lose some money when you get bored and sell it but not a lot.

I just dumped my Xbox 360 and bought a PS3 to play yakuza4/5. I'll sell the PS3 on in two months. I've got a nice shiny PS4 for the rest of the time.

ahhhhh PS3. I remember buying that beast of a console at launch. I got the 60 GB for $600 + 35 (extra controller) + 50 (Resistance: Fall of Man). Set me back close to $700.

lol.

p.s come to think of it I might have bought Madden 07 as well.

ahhhhh PS3. I remember buying that beast of a console at launch. I got the 60 GB for $600 + 35 (extra controller) + 50 (Resistance: Fall of Man). Set me back close to $700.

lol.

p.s come to think of it I might have bought Madden 07 as well.

I sold my 360 and 36 games. I've probably sold off another 30 (50?) in batches over the years...

Never got a Wii U because the Wii was a disappointment.

Aren't there two other good Zelda games for Wii U?

Aren't there two other good Zelda games for Wii U?

I think you can play 3 of them at least. Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and maybe Windwaker?... I dunno I also never owned a Wii U.

Breath of the Wild
Skyward Sword
Twilight Princess
Wind Waker
Minish Cap (GBA VC)
Majora's Mask (N64 VC)
Ocarina of Time (N64 VC)
A Link to the Past (SNES VC)

The best version of Ocarina of time is the 3DS version if anyone has the chance to play that

The best version of Ocarina of time is the 3DS version if anyone has the chance to play that

Oh by far. Same with Majora's Mask. You wouldn't believe how much the addition of a 3D camera makes the game so much more enjoyable.

My point was just that you can play almost every Zelda game on one system. And if you have a 3DS you can play every single one. I do recommend Oot 3D and MM 3D to everyone though.

Good for you (if it's even true). Most people lie on the Internet. Maybe you do, maybe you don't.

Lol at catching a bus - should've saved some of that money for a car bruh!

I could waste thousands on laptops and earphones too but I have a conscience and am not a 30 year old child. One of each is enough for me.

Having 6 is just stupid though

Back