Things to do in L.A.? California brahs gtfih

Higus

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'll be in Los Angeles this weekend and I'm looking for things to do, food to eat, and sights to see. Any suggestions? The main places I want to check out are the Griffith observatory and Santa Monica/Venice beach.

Its going to be a kinda s*itty weekend as far as weather goes. What are your hobbies? I would suggest the grammy museum if you like music. Also maybe warner bros studio tour. Venice is cool for people watching. If you have time, i might suggest checking out newport beach its probably the nicest beach around here but its in OC.

Also traffic and fake people.

Go visit @Revolver in the OC. He will take you to all the nice places.

Or you could go visit @faustian. I heard he inhabits skid row pretty frequently.

You probably will run across a few "women". Be sure to check first, they're weird out on the left coast

What are your interests and what food do you like to eat? Also, I'm assuming you have a car? I'm not a huge fan of Venice, it's pretty dirty and parking sucks.

Food in LA is amazing, but it's pretty spread out if you want the real authentic stuff.

LA has countless amounts of things to do, you might have to narrow it down a bit. im an OC man myself

driving around l.a. on memorial day weekend? i hope you love sitting in your car. 50% of the time you'll be sitting in it. if i were you, i'd stay around the venice/santa monica/west hollywood area and try to drive as little as i can. i understand having to drive to the observatory, which is really cool, and some other tourist destinations. but yeah, try driving as little as possible. l.a. is a fucking disaster with traffic.

Sit in traffic
Be fake

obamacare-donkt-cover-that-sick-burn-bro-memegenerator-net-sarahspain-14822994.png

You're just going to have to bite the bullet and realize that traffic is going to suck ass. Pick a couple of neighborhoods and a few activities within them.

Griffith Observatory is cool and Santa Monica and Venice have hot chick/interesting people watching, but in terms of things to do other than beaches and small restaurants, there's not a ton to do.
  • If you like art, the Getty Museum is the shit and has a beautiful view of the area.
  • If you want to take a chick out to a unique experience, http://yamashirohollywood.com/ at night has an amazing view of LA in a traditional Japanese "castle"
  • Koreatown is near some titty clubs and you can do AYCE Korean BBQ.
  • If you like history and gardens, you can head towards Pasadena to the Huntington Library, which is a great hidden gem.
If you let me know what you're looking to do (get laid, get drunk, club, eat your ass off, culture/museums, sports, etc.), I can give you more info.

PS - Going to OC would be ill-advised IMO. Newport Beach is cool and all, but that drive alone will take you two hours one way in holiday weekend traffic when there are plenty of great restaurants and beaches where you will be in Los Angeles. It's also cookie cutter as fuck down there.

I'll be in Los Angeles this weekend and I'm looking for things to do, food to eat, and sights to see. Any suggestions? The main places I want to check out are the Griffith observatory and Santa Monica/Venice beach.

The LA public library is one of the cleanest facilities in all the world. It is a common tourist tradition to lick each handrail that you pass by.

I'm planning on getting a metro pass while I'm in town. That or walking a lot, which is actually fine for me as long as the weather permits.

driving around l.a. on memorial day weekend? i hope you love sitting in your car. 50% of the time you'll be sitting in it. if i were you, i'd stay around the venice/santa monica/west hollywood area and try to drive as little as i can. i understand having to drive to the observatory, which is really cool, and some other tourist destinations. but yeah, try driving as little as possible. l.a. is a fucking disaster with traffic.
I'm planning on getting a metro pass while I'm in town. That or walking a lot, which is actually fine for me as long as the weather permits.

Metro pass is a must if you're traveling around the city and don't want to walk or don't have a vehicle with you and you don't want to use a taxi/uber

people complain about traffic but driving is still the best way around LA, especially if you plan on checking out the surrounding area. i recommend renting a car or using uber

people complain about traffic but driving is still the best way around LA, especially if you plan on checking out the surrounding area. i recommend renting a car or using uber
I'm trying to plan my stops around metro stations. So far, it looks like I will be spending a lot of time on the red and blue lines.

Back