Things that are depicted inaccurately in tv/film

Little kids in horror movies aren’t scared enough. Ball falls in the basement and a creepy voice says “come playyyyyy with meeeee” and lil’ Tommy looks a little nervous as he enters the basement.

As Eddie Murphy once said, "that's what only white people would do.".

Firefights like in John Wick. Are people just really running blindly into a room wheb they know the dude inside has a gun? Come on
That movie isn't meant to be realistic. It's an action thriller.

My pet peeve is that-- outside a tiny few war films that concern themselves with martial realism-- every goddamn movie out there doesn't treat handguns (or any guns, really, but handguns especially) with realism. They make it seem like hitting dudes from 200-500 feet away with a handgun is just routine for anybody that wields one.

It's one of the reasons I loved that key scene with Colin Farrell and Ralph Fiennes from In Bruges so much. It sets up the shot realistically, spatially, for the viewer himself. That's how close the guy looks in real life. Then it sprinkles in the character's own intimate knowledge of the shot, "No fucking way." Goddamn brilliant scene that finally paid marksmanship its proper due.

Oh, yeah, and anything in hospitals.

ER was on a different level when it came to that (not that it didn't make mistakes). Hands down the best shop talk and care for how emergency medical situations and wounds are actually handled.

When I 21, I thought pulling a movie classic off. Got to her place, tore her dress in half, the films said she'd be so turned on by my seckujal prowless and strength it'd be good. The chick went cray cray on me, yelled my ear off for tearing up her favorite dress, and it was done.

tumblr_nskonrFRAx1rh5dflo1_500.jpg

I thought it was just that one chick, so I did it again with a different chick. She went even more nuts because she bought the dress, but planned on returning it the next day.
I legit laughed out loud. First time was great, second time you did it was even funnier. Great story, man.

I think there are too many characters in shows that are perpetually too confident, jaded, sarcastic, hard etc. I mean that's my main complaint about many of the cable/Netlfix shows. So many of the characters are too hard and sarcastic, always witty and there are double meanings to everything. They have no emotion and just magically hook up with whomever they want whenever they want (girl or guy) and it doesn't effect them in any way. Characters like Jada Pinket Smith's character Fish in Gotham (just for an example, and even though that show is pretty good). Problem with those kind of characters in real life is that no one actually wants to hook up with them because they're not nice, playful, flirty and don't show a soft side but rather want to hurt you including how they use sex and anything else.

Last edited:
The excentuated grimace when taking a shot of whiskey.

On a related note almost every show has very frequent hard alcohol drinking. Oddly, often times a mickey is the size of the bottle when a couple of people are drinking (the girl in Iron Fist/Netflix for example) which is barely enough for one person to get drunk from.

The over-the-top good parent and how they interact with their kids. Most parents are annoyed and bored with the basics including breakfast. It's not that parents don't find frequent moments of seeing something cute or funny, but the interactions rarely have the hair mussing and buddy talking with mature "that's how a parent should be" moments.

When you cut the lights off in a room, everything is perfectly visible it just has a bluish tinge.

Little kids in horror movies aren’t scared enough. Ball falls in the basement and a creepy voice says “come playyyyyy with meeeee” and lil’ Tommy looks a little nervous as he enters the basement. Meanwhile my niece won’t even walk down the hallway in the middle of the afternoon if all the lights aren’t on.

I imagine it's cos her creepy-assed uncle sets his place up like a warehouse in a Saw movie during the day time

; )

Every single fucking car in the background of any movie or show is near perfectly fucking clean. And I despise that. My God I hate that, and I notice is every'fuckin'time.....

When you cut the lights off in a room, everything is perfectly visible it just has a bluish tinge.

Have you watched movies from the 70s? They are dimly lit. You can't make out shit in most 70s movies.

I'm still annoyed that Martin Freeman's character in black Panther still has a job and security clearance.

Everyone in that movie knew he was with the CIA

Also the beginning of the movie The Departed there are posters of the Warren commission drawings depicting Kennedy’s head wound in the police academy. I always found it strange.

I'm still annoyed that Martin Freeman's character in black Panther still has a job and security clearance.

Everyone in that movie knew he was with the CIA

That isn’t something bad call considering that “everyone” was a head of state that has interacted with him before, and he told all his people.

The audio in movies nowadays can irk me too, more so due to the fact that I miss and love the straight sound of actor's running down the street in the flicks from the 70's & 80's and ye could hear their soles scratch on the pavement as they rounded the corner in hot pursuit of their prey lol. Coupled with the "natural" debris and litter in said streets and the odd bystander "legit watching" the scene being filmed. Love that shit. Ala' The French Connection etc.

Aiming at the mans bawls! : D

they dont do it as much, but cars taking huge jumps and driving away fine...
dukesofhazard1.jpg
duke-creek-jump-general-lee-o.gif

Back