Things that are depicted inaccurately in tv/film

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
Ever since I found out sprinklers spray out dirty water as the pipes get worked through I have yet to see a sprinkler scene with dirty water - it's always so crisp and clean

Fighting. Always fighting. First, they always do all that Aikido bullshit against multiple opponents and it works because their opponents are fighting completely ridiculously. Second, most people don’t know how to do anything but stick their chin up in the air and throw windmill punches. Even in a movie she’s it’s just two guys in a bar throwing down, they both are somehow at least golden gloves boxers. Third, they always fight forever and take way too much damage. Unless they’re professional fighters, two people off the street are going to last about 30 seconds to a minute before they gas completely. And they always take ridiculous amounts of damage in movies. Like the type of damage that would kill someone.

Movie explosions are almost always bullshit.

Space.
Especially the depiction of sound.
There's no air to convey sound waves.
No pew pew whoosh.

I know, audiences are stupid and wouldn't understand.
"Why did everything go silent?
Why did the movie stop thinking for me?"

guns make to much noise when holding or handle in movies but not in real life unless you shoot.

Firefights like in John Wick. Are people just really running blindly into a room wheb they know the dude inside has a gun? Come on

Fighting. Always fighting. First, they always do all that Aikido bullshit against multiple opponents and it works because their opponents are fighting completely ridiculously. Second, most people don’t know how to do anything but stick their chin up in the air and throw windmill punches. Even in a movie she’s it’s just two guys in a bar throwing down, they both are somehow at least golden gloves boxers. Third, they always fight forever and take way too much damage. Unless they’re professional fighters, two people off the street are going to last about 30 seconds to a minute before they gas completely. And they always take ridiculous amounts of damage in movies. Like the type of damage that would kill someone.

It makes me laugh when they take multiple bare fist punches to the face, and the next day all they have is a tiny bruise, often on the forehead.

It makes me laugh when they take multiple bare fist punches to the face, and the next day all they have is a tiny bruise, often on the forehead.

Yeah, I mean their entire face would be swollen for the rest of the film. That’s why dummies who get drunk think they can fight anyone in the bar. They watch too many fucking movies.

I agree but as an amateur astronomer, it irks me in the way that someone who knows firearms and ammo would be bugged by the incessant inaccuracies...

There's another

I am very much into outer space shit. But I would hate it if there was no sound during space battles. The way I see it is they are showing you what’s happening outside the ship while letting you hear what’s going on inside the ship.

Firearms are horribly portrayed in cinema and silencers as well. I think the movie Commando might be the worst offender... don't think Arnold puts the rifle into his shoulder a single time but never misses.

Every romantic comedy misrepresents what a broad looks for in a guy.

The main dude in those movies always acts in a way that would be considered obsessive and stalkerish in real life.

Yeah, I mean their entire face would be swollen for the rest of the film. That’s why dummies who get drunk think they can fight anyone in the bar. They watch too many fucking movies.

Was surprised that Tony stark had a black eye for all of Civil war tho

"Based on actual events"...they use that word "based" way too loosely. The worst part about it is people actually use movies as "factual" accounts of history.

I remember watching The Raid. They would actually slam each others' faces into the walls/floor and they'd get up immediately with just some sweat on their forehead.

That short Asian dude at the end was harder to put down than the T-1000 for some reason.

Firearms are horribly portrayed in cinema and silencers as well. I think the movie Commando might be the worst offender... don't think Arnold puts the rifle into his shoulder a single time but never misses.
And never runs out of ammo or changes magazines. I actually don't recall seeing a movie where they use 3 shot burst. It couldn't be too many.

Ooh I got alot of these. Here's one while I have a minute.

In Roman era shows/ movies thumbs down meant live(sword in the dirt) and thumb to the neck/collarbone meant kill. The quick mercy way to kill was sword down the collarbone to the heart. Will post more as I think.

Back