Things get really funny if GSP beats Bisping because then he has to

what was always going to happen, regardless of who is the interim champ:

UFC and GSP laugh as they tear up his 'contractual obligation' to defend/unify the MW belt, as they setup either a title shot at 170 or a fight with Conor.

I don't believe for a minute that GSP sticks around at 185, win or lose...why would he?

Better question is why would he fight at WW again, been there done that. Move on to the next class.

And the current champ is weak and can’t draw ants to sugar

Fight Robert Whittaker who just happens to be GSP's main training partner. No way GSP fights him so what happens then?

I think it's really funny that people think the UFC can force a guy to fight a guy he doesn't want to fight.

Better question is why would he fight at WW again, been there done that. Move on to the next class.

And the current champ is weak and can’t draw ants to sugar

For GSP, the opportunity to hold two belts, for the UFC, it is a win-win, with an easily marketed plot of 'champ returning to reclaim the belt he never lost'. If GSP wins, great. If GSP loses, maybe it helps turn Woodley into a draw.

It also sets up a huge fight with Conor, if he does his part by beating Tony and/or Nate in the meantime.

GSP-Conor is huge enough, but under this scenario, one of them would be going for a THIRD belt (GSP if they meet at 155, or Conor at 170).

I can't think of a more lucrative series of events for the UFC involving those guys...?

For GSP, the opportunity to hold two belts, for the UFC, it is a win-win, with an easily marketed plot of 'champ returning to reclaim the belt he never lost'. If GSP wins, great. If GSP loses, maybe it helps turn Woodley into a draw.

It also sets up a huge fight with Conor, if he does his part by beating Tony and/or Nate in the meantime.

GSP-Conor is huge enough, but under this scenario, one of them would be going for a THIRD belt (GSP if they meet at 155, or Conor at 170).

I can't think of a more lucrative series of events for the UFC involving those guys...?

He’s not going down, he’s said forever if he ever went up he wasn’t going back down.

Before he “retired “ he said on numerous occasions once he had done everything he wanted to at WW he might take time off and try 185 and if he did he would never go back down.

He’s talked about this over and over again spanning a few years sayin the same thing.

He wants to challenge himself and better his legacy.

A weak ass WW champ and a 155er don’t do that for him.

He tries for 205 if he defends and wins against knuckles

He’s not going down, he’s said forever if he ever went up he wasn’t going back down.

Before he “retired “ he said on numerous occasions once he had done everything he wanted to at WW he might take time off and try 185 and if he did he would never go back down.

He’s talked about this over and over again spanning a few years sayin the same thing.

He wants to challenge himself and better his legacy.

A weak ass WW champ and a 155er don’t do that for him.

He tries for 205 if he defends and wins against knuckles

ok, given that 205 nonsense, now I don't even think you are being serious...

Firas has repeatedly said over the years that GSP could more easily fight at 155 than 185...there was no Conor in the picture when GSP allegedly said all of what you claim...and there is no legacy (or money) to be had by fighting someone like Whittaker.

The money and legacy lie with him dropping down immediately after the Bisping fight. Two belts + Conor is FAR more achievable than sticking around at 185, IMHO.

Back