Things get really funny if GSP beats Bisping because then he has to

GSP fights Woodley next. The UFC said they wrote a penalty into GSP's clause that says he has to defend the WW belt if he wins it... but who knows what that figure is.

GSP will likely make 5 - 10 million just in PPV scale plus his sponsorship money... so if he gets fined a mill.... then f*ck it. GSP can drop down & fight Wood & get another 5 - 10 mill & giggle about the little fine he had to pay the UFC.

Things will get very serious when GSP calls out Conor and Conor immediately responds. Then they'll do a super mega fight at a catch weight.

Dana will pass up the biggest fight in MMA history for Whittaker vs GSP?
if they don't fight each other then they can each headline two seperate PPVs. I'm not so sure them fighting each other would be better than having two PPVs.

GSP has admitted several times that it is in his contract that he has to fight Whittaker should he win.

Natually, we will get many posts about GSP retiring, fighting Woodley/Conor etc from uninformed posters.
He said he was "obligated' to defend. if he beats Bisping, anything could happen though. Not all are misinformed..just that might not be who GSP fights after.

If GSP wins woodley is next then Conman. His play is three belts at same time. UFC will let him do it too and put Whittaker on Ice a year. Blue chip fighters are running UFC now not Dana.

I ALMOST want gsp to win just to see he weirdness continue

He would retire on the spot is my prediction

Woodley faked an injury and is waiting to move up to 185 to fight GSP.

GSP beats Bisping then fights Nation of Woodley at 185 . After that prob retires or takes an easy fight like Diaz.

GSP has admitted several times that it is in his contract that he has to fight Whittaker should he win.

Natually, we will get many posts about GSP retiring, fighting Woodley/Conor etc from uninformed posters.

Has he specifically said he'd have to fight Whittaker next if he wins? I've only heard him say he has to defend in his next fight.

He could still retire though win or lose. The ufc cant make anyone fight. Not saying he'd do that but it's an option

Whittaker is the more winnable fight for gsp at Mw after bisping. He’s a smaller mw and closer to gsp size.
I wasn’t aware they were main train partners at all.

Lots of wild fantasies going on in this thread.

i think GSP matches up better against Whitaker then he does against Bisping.

GSP KO's Bisping, then retires again and vacates the belt, Whittaker vs. Bisping for undisputed belt, Whittaker KO's Bisping who then retires himself

GSP can't say he's going to fight Whittaker then not. Honor and respect is part of his brand and that would question it.

Whittaker is GSPs main training partner? Ha i dont think so.

Really hope GSP wins so there can finally be another Toronto card. It's been too long

Or at least MTL. The market is so dead out here. Literally only GSP or Jon Jones headline events over here

A Contract means nothing if both parties agree to change or nullify it.

If he wins and the UFC offers him a conor fight instead, he'll take it, and its happening. This is a tactic to keep the hardcore fans quiet. When the truth comes out they will be ready to counter the backlash with their "super fight" media bonanza, "2 of the greatest fighters ever to enter the octogon".... blah blah blah.

If you've seen the trend you cannot believe otherwise. Bisping will fight yoel after hendo. Conor will rematch aldo. Money>Anything.

GSP has no desire to pound on a Manlet, it proves nothing for his legacy.

He’s pretty much said this without being rude about it.

GSP will fight people he’s trained with a little here and there doesn’t care.

Bisping is proof in point. Makes you wonder if he was game planing the long game years back and trained with bisping just in case he ever had to fight him when he moved up to MW.

And He had no problems fighting condit either who was a main stay at Jackson’s also

Fight Robert Whittaker who just happens to be GSP's main training partner. No way GSP fights him so what happens then?

He is supposed to have signed a contract that he has to stay at MW.
So if Whittaker does not fight for the belt, GSP will probably have to defend against Luke, Yoel or Jacare...

...which is funny because it would have been Mousasi... who is claiming he did not have an easy path to the title... and he would have gotten the easiest fight possible...

I don't buy this "obligated" BS. They can't force you to fight at that weight class. He'll vacate the title and fight at a lower weight, obviously his ideal opponent would be Conor at 170.

I don't buy this "obligated" BS. They can't force you to fight at that weight class. He'll vacate the title and fight at a lower weight, obviously his ideal opponent would be Conor at 170.

He doesn’t care about 170, he’s done everything there he needs too. That chapter is over. If he loses to bisping he most likely retires.

If he wins he defends against Whitaker, if Whitaker injured or something and needs to sit out rocksalt or Yoel would be next.

Wins that and tries for LHW I’m guessing.

It's unpopular opinion time...

Bisping is more dangerous than Whittaker.
Is that really an unpopular opinion? Bisping is definitely more dangerous for GSP than Whittaker.

Back