Thiago Silva vs. Chris Camozzi set for ACB 88 main event in Brisbane

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
ACB_88_Poster.jpeg

Two UFC veterans will go head to head when Thiago Silva meets Chris Camozzi in the main event of ACB 88: Brisbane on Jun. 16.

ACB confirmed the light heavyweight bout with MMA Fighting on Wednesday.

Also booked for the night, another UFC veteran, Luke Barnatt (14-5-0) will look to make it two wins in a row with the promotion when he takes on surging Russian light heavyweight, Karol Celinski (15-6-1).

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/...camozzi-set-for-acb-88-main-event-in-brisbane

Damn... I was really looking forward Camozzi vs Jacaré III in the UFC.

Im picking Thiago here. He is shot but I think he gets it done.

Damn... I was really looking forward Camozzi vs Jacaré III in the UFC.

Im picking Thiago here. He is shot but I think he gets it done.
I laughed hard at your opening sentence. But I will go with Chris here. Thiago just don’t seem to be in the right state of mind.

my gut reaction seeing this was Camozzi is going to get fucked up.. But Thiago has really fallen off, whereas Camozzi just never was good. So i think Camozzi has it

Thats a good match up...

I enjoy the Cards ACB is putting up...

If i have to pick a winner...i would say Thiago gets it done.
He ain't the fastest guy around but so is Camozzi...and his recent Glory fight, i wasn't really impressed by his striking to be honest...

my gut reaction seeing this was Camozzi is going to get fucked up.. But Thiago has really fallen off, whereas Camozzi just never was good. So i think Camozzi has it
Thiago Silvas last fights were pretty good, sure he is not as good as he was before but hasn't really fallen off imo. His two recent losses were against two top Russian prospects (Agnaev and Kolobegov) the last fight was close too.

Idk but I have a bit the feeling that ACB is trying to push Barnatt, seems like he has some good relations with ACB, he is also comentating for them and besides the Poland card he headlined or co-headlined every ACB event he was on.

Now he is fighting Celinski who is 3:0 in ACB, while Barnatt himself has a 2:2 ACB-record.

But I understand this matchup more than Strus vs Gonzalez at ACB Nottingham. Barnatts losses were at MW and against top opponents, he is an ex-UFC fighter and he is still undefeated at LHW.
But Strus is the Nr. 3 MW in ACB and I really thought that he was the next in line for a ts, now he is fighting Gonzalez who is making his debut for ACB and is coming of a loss at Bellator.
Also thought that Saidov would fight for a title soon, but if I am not mistaken, his problem is that he is not willing to fight other chechens (a bit stupid imo).

Idk but I have a bit the feeling that ACB is trying to push Barnatt, seems like he has some good relations with ACB, he is also comentating for them.

Now he is fighting Celinski who is 3:0 in ACB, while Barnatt himself has a 2:2 ACB-record.

But I understand this matchup more than Strus vs Gonzalez at ACB Nottingham. Barnatts losses were at MW and against top opponents, he is an ex-UFC fighter and he is still undefeated at LHW.
But Strus is the Nr. 3 MW in ACB and I really thought that he was the next in line for a ts, now he is fighting Gonzalez who is making his debut for ACB and is coming of a loss at Bellator.
Also thought that Saidov would fight for a title soon, but if I am not mistaken, his problem is that he is not willing to fight other chechens (a bit stupid imo).

Celinski had a shot at the title but he was injured so Dovletdzhan got the chance. I also think the Strus-Gonzalez matchup is stupid, Duraev is injured and he wont be able to fight in May-June (Ramadan). Strus deserves to wait for the title fight but i have a feeling that he himself wanted to fight in England. Hope Strus wins and that he will fight Duraev in Poland (rumored to be in October), Duraev himself isn't against that idea.

The "Chechens wont fight each other" is one of the biggest problems ACB has today.

Thiago Silvas last fights were pretty good, sure he is not as good as he was before but hasn't really fallen off imo. His two recent losses were against two top Russian prospects (Agnaev and Kolobegov) the last fight was close too.

Was thinking the same. He seems in pretty good form lately, just fighting good young fighters.

Back