Thiago Santos weighed in this morning?

chitoortiz

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I watched the stream but didn't have the sound on.

I'm pretty sure Thiago Santos weighed in today.

Was that because they thought Tavares was going to be over?

Can they put him in as a replacement for 190 pound Julian Marquez?

Yes Thiago Tavares was hired as a backup incase Tavares or Adesanya got injured.

Not sure whats going on nor have I looked for info but was he a just in case replacement if anything happened to the main event?It's pretty sad that they'd have to do it if that's the case but at the same time pretty cool if they did take those measures considering how fucked everything has been.

Having replacements on standby is going to be a new standard for main events I think. Makes sense with all the fucking injuries. Wasn't there talk a while back of Gustafson being on standby for DC/Stipe?

Not sure whats going on nor have I looked for info but was he a just in case replacement if anything happened to the main event?It's pretty sad that they'd have to do it if that's the case but at the same time pretty cool if they did take those measures considering how fucked everything has been.
All big fights should have a contingency. I realize it will further muddy rankings and title shots but we are losing far too many matches. Almost always becomes a sit and wait game and it's rather tiring...

Yes. There was some questions regarding Tavares, so Santos was brought in as a potential fill-in.

Yeah he is getting paid , i like Adesanya vs Santos more than Adesanya vs Tavares

I think he rather fights a 190pound Marquez than Santos.

What's strange is they do that for a nothing tuf finale event, but not a title fight on potentially the biggest card of the year in max vs. Ortega.

Back