Thiago Santos vs. Anthony Smith set for February/Belém FN (125) event

Dang. Cool fight

Gotta pick Santos by body kick.

That tall, slender body of Smith is gonna be too large a target to not get blasted, imo

Speaking of Anthony Smith, Antonio Braga Neto is finally coming back Dec 9th in Fresno

Say this 3x fast.
Hermannson, Meerschaert, Marshmann...

..Thiagos last 3 opponents.
Great fight.One of those matchups you see that just feel right.

Damn, tough fight to call. Santos has been KO'd before and so has Smith. Guess I'll go with Santos, thinking he may hit a bit harder than Smith and is probably the more technical striker.

How many wins does Santos need before he gets a top 10 guy? Hes on a 7-2 run. Fun matchmaking but it makes no sense to me.

How many wins does Santos need before he gets a top 10 guy? Hes on a 7-2 run. Fun matchmaking but it makes no sense to me.
That Spicely loss probably set him back. Should be getting a ranked guy if he beats Anthony though.

He's still not too far removed from getting subbed by Eric Spicely so I suppose it's just a slow and easy ride for a while for him until they feel like he can handle the big step up. Either that or they've made the decision internally that his upside is "guy who has fun mid card fights" and not much else.

Back