Thiago Santos nearly 2 to 1 favorite over Manuwa

markys00

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What do people think about these odds?

i was expecting manuwa to be the favorite here....

Manuwa will be 39 in a few months and he lost 2 striking matches in a row, one by KO and one by DEC, Santos hits hard and could have his resistance improved now at 205.

I think Manuwa does have better hands, but Santos kicks like a beast and will probably have the grappling edge. I don't bet, but i'd stay away from Manuwa.

I gotta admit- was a bit taken back by odds but fighters are going in different directions and Manuwa has either been exposed or regressed since coming to UFC.He hits like a truck but now facing the best you can see that he can be touched rather easily and if you pop his button, he's going faceplant.

Santos has been on a tear. IMO, he's now near the top of the division. Scary dude.

Santos has been on a tear. IMO, he's now near the top of the division. Scary dude.
He’s near the top of the division but he’s won one fight at 205 against another ex middleweight? Santos is a gatekeeper, he might beat Manuwa because Jimi has a terrible chin but he won’t be a contender.

interesting thoughts. year ago these odds woulda been flipped. i guess manuwa has fallen off that much , huh?

too bad i cant bet on any fights this weekend, but still awesome scrap

Manuwa will be 39 in a few months and he lost 2 striking matches in a row, one by KO and one by DEC, Santos hits hard and could have his resistance improved now at 205.

I think Manuwa does have better hands, but Santos kicks like a beast and will probably have the grappling edge. I don't bet, but i'd stay away from Manuwa.
Santos is not that young either - 34. He was KO'd by Branch of all people few fights ago and Smith was lighting him up as well before body kick. Low level opponents made Santos look better than he actually is

Santos is in his prime, has many more tools when it comes to striking and serious power. Manuwa is more 1 dimensional and Is on a decline

Fair odds I’d say

I got Manuwa. Santos struggles against fighters with better hands

Perspective: santos was just ko booped by old Jedi David Branch.

Jimi gets it done. Good money to be made here.

2 glass cannons going at it. Wouldn't bet shit on this

David Branch would he a heavy favorite over Jimi right now

Jimi's on the severe decline

Could easily see this again
FlamboyantInbornGroundhog-size_restricted.gif

Or this
giphy.gif

Toss up in my mind, both guys do well on offence and hit hard but lack much in ring smarts and defence.
Santos has the momentum I guess

Seems about right, Manuwa was/is overrated, is close to 40, is gunshy and seems to have the weaker chin.

Manuwa is older and his jig as the next big thing at LHW is up. His arrogance cost him the Oezdemir fight. Santos comes to hurt you, so I understand he is the favorite. But Santos is hittable, especially with hooks, which Jimi is quite good at. so I wouldn't be surprised if he catches him, so I expected it to be closer.

daily reminder that santos was KO'ed by david branch

Back