Thiago Alves Not Injured Pulled Out Due to Hurricane Irma

He is ok. He was at the airport waiting to leave.

Incredible how no one is willing to take a look at what's going on. He was chilling the whole time. He just didn't want to go.

There's nothing on his instagram about his home or his family being in danger. He was having fun and hanging out and was at the gym.

Unless he's keeping devastating secrets from his social media, he seemingly faced no problems other than his own stupidity.

Agreed.

Obviously we don't really know the whole story...but his Instagram posts, pics and vids don't make it seem like there was any issue as recently as yesterday.

I would think he would have left before the storm hit (he has pics of his house windows being protected with shutters) - even on Sunday which is 6 days before the fight - and take the family to Pittsburgh a few days early.

<{jackyeah}>

perry lives in florida i don't see him pulling out

Mike Perry said on MMA Hour that he drove to North Carolina and took a flight from there. He also said the UFC insisted on him leaving Florida early.

In all seriousness, it would be tragic for Thiago's family to suffer a hurricane and then watch him die.

Let's just stop the trolling please.

OK...so in the pictures on Alves' Instagram he is at the airport with Jotko (no sign of BJ Penn at said airport)

Jotko is on this same card...is he still fighting?

Lombard is another ATT guy on the card...is he still fighting?

In all seriousness, it would be tragic for Thiago's family to suffer a hurricane and then watch him die.

anigif_enhanced-29573-1461747724-2.gif

He should've gotten his family out of there and done his fucking job.

For anyone too lazy to click a link, there's more to this:

On Monday, Ariel said on MMA Hour that Thiago was planning to "ride it out". "Ride out" a hurricane. He thought the hurricane wouldn't interfere with his plans. A hurricane. UFC contacted Platinum about leaving early. I would presume they did the same with Thiago.

Here's him posting a meme about not leaving Florida:

Heres him during the storm at the gym with his kid. A kid playing in a room full of windows, during a massive storm:

Boasting "we are not leaving".

Here's him spending "quality time with the family during Irma":

And finally, stuck at the airport, because who would have thought a hurricane would interfere with flight schedules?

This isn't a matter of life and death emergency. He's just a stubborn bonehead who didn't think a fucking hurricane, of all things, would interfere with flights and his plans when he had a fight the same week.

People will just ignore this.

Well he could've said that a bit earlier, not 2 days before the event.

<Aug3>
<Oku02>

I too was hit by Irma so I understand his view.

But as a MMA fan I also understand why some people are upset. Not too much though, it's not like it's a title fight or something.

That area Coconut Creek, FL took a hell of a beating in the storm. I saw a lot about Miami on the news anywayz & they're just north of there by the ocean so I can imagine it was just as bad.

If his house took major damage & flooding n stuff I can see how it would be hard to just load up & head out to Pittsburg while his home is in shambles. His power has likely been out since the weekend as well. Hard to focus on a fight in those conditionz... probably couldn't even train for most of the weekend or more.

Not just hard to focus on the fight, but probably hard to focus on his weight cut in the lead up to the fight.

With power out and a complete disruption of his work routine, I am sure making weight would be more difficult than any other of his past fights.

Thiago seems like he is in a no-win situation:

- Pull out and people will have ???????????

- Miss weight and people will have ????????????

You are a highly paid UFC fighter and this is what you do. His whole FUCKING GYM could have stayed and looked after his family. The danger is past and there is no more flooding. He had an entire week to evacuate and any moron in South Florida knew this was a possibility. If he was old or infeeble this would be excusable.
Maybe he is repairing his house dickhead to make it livable for his family.
Do us all a favor and shut your cock holster.

For anyone too lazy to click a link, there's more to this:

On Monday, Ariel said on MMA Hour that Thiago was planning to "ride it out". "Ride out" a hurricane. He thought the hurricane wouldn't interfere with his plans. A hurricane. UFC contacted Platinum about leaving early. I would presume they did the same with Thiago.

Here's him posting a meme about not leaving Florida:

Heres him during the storm at the gym with his kid. A kid playing in a room full of windows, during a massive storm:

Boasting "we are not leaving".

Here's him spending "quality time with the family during Irma":

And finally, stuck at the airport, because who would have thought a hurricane would interfere with flight schedules?

This isn't a matter of life and death emergency. He's just a stubborn bonehead who didn't think a fucking hurricane, of all things, would interfere with flights and his plans when he had a fight the same week.

I have a question: is Polish Platinum aka Jotko off the card, too?

Back