They scrapped Khabib/Ferg at 217 just to 'save' 216 with another fake belt

Certainly seems that way, they probably don't wanna risk gambling on Velasquez to fight Miocic. And they've struck while the iron is hot with Lee mouthing off, he's nowhere near deserving of the shot - he's a tier or two below Ferg, Khabib, even Barboza and Diaz. Chiesa is his biggest win.

Obviously you didn't read my response.

They should've made Lee vs Alvarez for TUF and then kept Gaethje in their back pocket to fight against Ferguson.
I doubt Lee would do a TUF season. You cannot force the coach's to be there as evidenced by Whitaker turning them down.

Well it would have but it's the fight that needs to happen. Giving it an interim just enables 5 rounds which is essential. At least they're the top 2 guys. Who the fuck is Kevin Lee?
why do you keep insisting this fight needs to happen? KHABIB HAD THIS FIGHT AND BLEW IT. You're sitting here and indirectly encouraging unprofessional behavior. And you're still insinuating that the UFC was somehow in the wrong - EVEN IF THEY DID NEED TO MAKE SOME KIND OF MIRACLE OUT OF THIN AIR TO MAKE 216 HAPPEN.

If Khabib was accustomed to acting professional, the second 217 didn't look like it was going to properly align, he should've said, "look, I'm in shape because I stay in shape year-round in case an unexpected big fight makes itself a potential reality. Let's do this."

What Khabib produces: I'm hurt. My religion. My sweets. Oops, can't fight but once a year, and I'm busy.

And a few of you still want to pretend he deserves something.

I don't think Lee deserves this fight, but rewarding Khabib in any way is going to be a REAL bad look for the UFC. So, at this point, I'd literally rather see a guy who has been active and successful that doesn't deserve the fight, get the fight over a guy who can't even be professional enough to show up prepared for a fight that he signed up for months prior.

They were going to have Khabib vs Tony the very next PPV. The only reason they made this fight is to save 216. WHY AM I REPEATING MYSELF

Pull out artist Khabib turned down the fight. Khabib can't even be trusted to make it to 217. Dana likely didn't want to ruin Tony's career by having Khabib pull out again anyway.

Since he fought Pat Healy he has fought 3 times. As if today that is an average of 475 days between fights. Yeah let's book that guy for MSG

Ramadan. And November was the plan so ONE more month. It was only not the plan when they started scrambling for anything to put on 216 just so it could stay as 216.
Do I really have to edit OP again in an even more simplified way?
Ramadan ended back in June, no?

Back