They scrapped Khabib/Ferg at 217 just to 'save' 216 with another fake belt

I honestly think the UFC have booked this due to the words Ferguson and Lee exchanged after the Chiesa fight so they can bill it as some sort of 'grudge match'... SMH.

So they are encouraging Conor to fight Mayweather and their also creating a interim belt? They did the same thing at MW enabling Bisping to avoid his contender line then creating an IB when they were the ones encouraging the need for an IB? Ima so confused. Seems to me that the UFC can't create more divisions so they're just going to create more belts.

Remember when IB's used to only be given out to make the champion fight certain people he was ducking/defend his belt more often? Now they seem to be creating new ones every single year.

I don't think Khabib was ready for 217 either. No one is silly enough to think this saves 216. It still does sub 200K buys.

The actual facts that exist in real life is Khabib was offered a contract and he refused to sign it. Plain and simple, no matter how many times you repeat yourself on the internet Khabib ducked a fight contract that was put in front of him. Khabib already fucked his chance once when he couldn't cut weight like a professional, he don't get to choose dates.

Go outside and take a deep breath, your blood pressure is probably through the roof, calm down buddy. Don't be so upset Khabib ducked a fight contract. You already edited the initial post like 5 times, it ain't that serious lol
it's just text ya goof. And he wanted the fight at 217. He didn't duck anything. The UFC were going to do it. But they scrapped it to scramble together a pseudo title fight to save this event. Sorry I forgot to mention it before... you donut

it's just text ya goof. And he wanted the fight at 217. He didn't duck anything. The UFC were going to do it. But they scrapped it to scramble together a pseudo title fight to save this event. Sorry I forgot to mention it before... you donut

I'm sorry.... How would Tony vs Tiramisu not have also been a pseudo title fight..?

I'm sorry.... How would Tony vs Tiramisu not have also been a pseudo title fight..?
Well it would have but it's the fight that needs to happen. Giving it an interim just enables 5 rounds which is essential. At least they're the top 2 guys. Who the fuck is Kevin Lee?

Khabib wanted 217 and that's what the UFC were gonna do. The only reason they made this fight is to save 216. It says in the fucking title
How much time does he need? Khabib hasn't fought since Nov 2016. His missed weight incident was in March, 5 months ago already. How long does the UFC, Tony, and the division have to wait for him? UFC has a business to run and if Khabib can't fight then they need to move to the next guy.

It's a shame it's taken this long for UFC to make this decision.

How much time does he need? Khabib hasn't fought since Nov 2016. His missed weight incident was in March, 5 months ago already. How long does the UFC, Tony, and the division have to wait for him? UFC has a business to run and if Khabib can't fight then they need to move to the next guy.

It's a shame it's taken this long for UFC to make this decision.
Ramadan. And November was the plan so ONE more month. It was only not the plan when they started scrambling for anything to put on 216 just so it could stay as 216.
Do I really have to edit OP again in an even more simplified way?

Khabib isn't going anywhere.

He will be ready.

Ramadan. And November was the plan so ONE more month. It was only not the plan when they started scrambling for anything to put on 216 just so it could stay as 216.
Do I really have to edit OP again in an even more simplified way?
I don't see it as a big deal. Khabib's had a year off. The Tony fight has been cancelled 3 times now. I don't see any problem with moving on from a fighter who's not ready/not capable to fight.

If Khabib can fight in November, then good for him. Maybe UFC will find an opponent for him. There's been plans for an interim title for the entire year so why wait any longer.

I always thought it was bizarre they didn't rebook the fight much sooner. Was Khabib so drastically ill that he needed this extended period to recover before they could start to renegotiate?

I personally think UFC could book anyone in an interim title fight so long as Tony is in it, and it makes sense. Tony is the guy, imo.

I don't see it as a big deal. Khabib's had a year off. The Tony fight has been cancelled 3 times now. I don't see any problem with moving on from a fighter who's not ready/not capable to fight.

If Khabib can fight in November, then good for him. Maybe UFC will find an opponent for him. There's been plans for an interim title for the entire year so why wait any longer.

I always thought it was bizarre they didn't rebook the fight much sooner. Was Khabib so drastically ill that he needed this extended period to recover before they could start to renegotiate?

I personally think UFC could book anyone in an interim title fight so long as Tony is in it, and it makes sense. Tony is the guy, imo.
What are you not getting? Tony, Khabib and the UFC all wanted this fight at MSG. That was the plan. The only reason they scrapped it is for 216's sake. Jesus fucking christ...

Why in the fuck is it not Gaethje vs Ferguson?

Because if he loose, bye bye undefeated record.
That way, if T-Ferg wins, you have Conor aka big star, Tony aka wild-hasn't-lost-in-many-years and Gaethje aka undefeated-guy.
If Lee wins, you have the new boy in town, who will not be afraid to say shit to Conor at the conferences.

Why not a rematch with Barbosa?

What are you not getting? Tony, Khabib and the UFC all wanted this fight at MSG. That was the plan. The only reason they scrapped it is for 216's sake. Jesus fucking christ...
Ok, I get that. But obviously, UFC and Tony were willing to make another fight.

MSG doesn't need every champion on the card. If 216 needs fights, what's the problem? What aren't you getting? The fight is booked for 216. The only one left out is the guy who has caused all these problems to begin with.

Ok, I get that. But obviously, UFC and Tony were willing to make another fight.

MSG doesn't need every champion on the card. If 216 needs fights, what's the problem? What aren't you getting? The fight is booked for 216. The only one left out is the guy who has caused all these problems to begin with.
It's not about MSG losing a fight. It could be any card but the point is it was going to be Khabib just a few weeks later. They changed the best LW matchup in years, to Kevin fucking Lee, in order to give 216 a headliner

Fuck Khabib, he's had enough chances.

That's what these idiots have done, because Khabib was willing to fight at 217 and UFC were ok with it. He didn't turn down the fight you fools, he turned down 216.

If 216 was half decent they wouldn't even think of this matchup, and would have Tony waiting anyway. But they scrambled to make another pseudo 'title fight' just so they could keep this shitty card as a ppv, instead of simply changing it to a fight night. That-is-my-fucking-point.

All because this dickhead Lee copied Conor at a press conference...

(Yes I'm 'salty/triggered/butthurt' etc)
217 has three title fights. They do not need a fourth. Smart business is to put a title fight on 216. If he cannot make 216 its because he lacks the proper discipline to be a full time athlete.

Back