They are advertising Gomi on the Japanese Official poster.

This was just another excuse to post a pic of Shogun.
giphy.gif

How the f'ck is this guy still a part of the ufc? this guy has lost so many times, I'm losing count...why is he still here? I can't remember the last time this guy has won....he should have been cut years ago...

Seriously...Antonio McKee was 25-3-2 and got cut after one fight in the UFC! Racists!!!1!!

They have released guys with far fewer losses than gomi....Gomi hasn't been relevant in many many years...he gets stopped every time I watch him fight....I cant remember the last time him winning.

You don't remember this???

iz22q1.jpg

I'm sure gomi might be a great guy....but it's a business...and the guy hasn't won a fight in years and years....

You answered your own question - it's a business. Apparently Gomi is cost effective regarding how much pay he wants and how much money he pulls. A great or even good fighter? Hasn't been in years. But for better or worse the UFC doesn't work like that.

And most importantly: the MMA fans doesn't work like that. Gomi is a name, so there's still interest in watching him. A lot of fighters that are much better than him doesn't have his name value.

You answered your own question - it's a business. Apparently Gomi is cost effective regarding how much pay he wants and how much money he pulls. A great or even good fighter? Hasn't been in years. But for better or worse the UFC doesn't work like that.

And most importantly: the MMA fans doesn't work like that. Gomi is a name, so there's still interest in watching him. A lot of fighters that are much better than him doesn't have his name value.

I think Nick diaz proved way back when, that gomi was never anything great...he wings his punches...no technique whatsoever...diaz went into his home and whooped his ass...

How the f'ck is this guy still a part of the ufc? this guy has lost so many times, I'm losing count...why is he still here? I can't remember the last time this guy has won....he should have been cut years ago...
Boooooo this man

I think Nick diaz proved way back when, that gomi was never anything great...he wings his punches...no technique whatsoever...diaz went into his home and whooped his ass...

Nah man, Gomi was legit at that point. He beat Sakurai, Kawajiri, Pulver, Crazy Horse - all quality fighter in that time and on that scene. He also dropped Diaz like a bag of potatoes with one of those winged punches. Gomi is a quality win for Diaz. The current Gomi? Not so much.

Nah man, Gomi was legit at that point. He beat Sakurai, Kawajiri, Pulver, Crazy Horse - all quality fighter in that time and on that scene. He also dropped Diaz like a bag of potatoes with one of those winged punches. Gomi is a quality win for Diaz. The current Gomi? Not so much.

Is current Nick even a quality win for anyone these days?

I can't believe they are still giving Gomi fights...

- FOUR 1st round stoppage losses in a row
- a 4-8 record in the UFC overall
- no wins of any real consequence in YEARS

Gomi was one of the best...but it is painful to watch him now.

It's the UFC. Standards are pretty low

I can't believe they are still giving Gomi fights...

- FOUR 1st round stoppage losses in a row
- a 4-8 record in the UFC overall
- no wins of any real consequence in YEARS

Gomi was one of the best...but it is painful to watch him now.
That's UFC for you, willing to hold on to guys well last their prime and no longer challengers rather than making an effort to sign king mo, Khalid, or Arsken types

Gomi is like BJ these days, i´ll always root for him but know i´ll lose some vCash

Edit: War Gomi!!

Last edited:
I know this card is going to be okay, but how can I get that poster?

Nah, that shit was in Vegas wasn't it?

I love Gomi as much as the next fan but he's beyond a worn out tire.

Back