These Cavs would win the finals against 90% of past NBA finals teams

mommas homeboy

Women with dicks are women too!
Reaction score
Lebron has played his best basketball ever. And Kyrie is un effing believable.

They have put on a show like I didn't think possible.

I feel bad for them because they are absolutely a championship winning team who just happen to be unlucky in who they are up against this year.

Maybe not...but they beat almost all Celtics, Lakers, or Spurs teams....and a ton of other teams who have won championships.

<JerryWWF>

They would lose for the same reasons they are losing this series.

Bench players suck
Tristan Thompson is a scrub
Lebron is gassed

LeBeta is 17-26 in the Finals, yet he'd beat 90% of Finals teams now cause Kyrie

Couldn't beat the 2013 or 2014 Spurs team. No Ray Allen to save him in 2013 and 2014 would've been a beat down too. Pop has Lebron's number. You think that A/C outage in game 1 of the 2014 NBA Finals was coincidence?

Maybe not...but they beat almost all Celtics, Lakers, or Spurs teams....and a ton of other teams who have won championships.
No they don't. They don't beat the Spurs, Lakers, or Celtics teams. They have two all-stars who played lights out in 1 game. Lebron is going to get his points no matter what. This is something the Spurs have seen before. And I'd argue that the Heat teams with Lebron, Wade, and Bosh would give this current Cavs team fits. JR Smith isn't being effective, neither is Kevin Love really. Kyrie is spotty. Their bench is ineffective as well. Lebron is the only one putting in consistent work.

I wonder if they would beat the 2011 Mavs

LMAO

LMAO they wouldn't hit 90 points against any of those teams. People forget GS is still a small ass team that will give away a drive to let you miss and then break themselves.

Prime Kooby would literally slap Kyrie in the face

LMAO they wouldn't hit 90 points against any of those teams. People forget GS is still a small ass team that will give away a drive to let you miss and then break themselves.

Prime Kooby would literally slap Kyrie in the face
The fundamental problem with these Canaliers is that they simply can't play competitive defense. Warios are turning the ball over like crazy and still scoring 120+ ppg with hilarious ease. Terrible defense doesn't really translate well across eras, especially vs Finals teams

The fundamental problem with these Canaliers is that they simply can't play competitive defense. Warios are turning the ball over like crazy and still scoring 120+ ppg with hilarious ease. Not much would change for these Canaliers vs most Finals teams
I can't imagine the Spurs team that swept the Cavs losing more than 2 games on the slide to this team.

2014 Spuds would drop 150 ppg on these bums

Couldn't beat the 2013 or 2014 Spurs team. No Ray Allen to save him in 2013 and 2014 would've been a beat down too. Pop has Lebron's number. You think that A/C outage in game 1 of the 2014 NBA Finals was coincidence?

This team wouldn't beat 90% of Finals teams, OP's claim is horseshit. They would have a hard time beating any of Magic Johnson's 5 winning teams, especially since Magic was every bit as talented as Lebron plus had hall of famers on his teams like Kareem and Worthy. They would have an exceptionally hard time with the Detroit Pistons Bad Boys teams who would simply beat the living shit out of Lebron every game. Bill Lambier would crank elbows at Lebron's head every game. This doesn't even touch on all the great Celtic or Bulls teams.

This team wouldn't beat 90% of Finals teams, OP's claim is horseshit. They would have a hard time beating any of Magic Johnson's 5 winning teams, especially since Magic was every bit as talented as Lebron plus had hall of famers on his teams like Kareem and Worthy. They would have an exceptionally hard time with the Detroit Pistons Bad Boys teams who would simply beat the living shit out of Lebron every game. Bill Lambier would crank elbows at Lebron's head every game. This doesn't even touch on all the great Celtic or Bulls teams.

imagine all the invisible sniper shots from Lebron if they played the BB Pistons. Except this time they wouldn't be imaginary

I agree. This Cavs team really isn't that great. Lebron is the only one on the team who is consistent. Kyrie has been forgettable, except for last night. K-Love hasn't really shown up yet. JR Smith is a ghost compared to last year. And I guess the "Kardashian Curse" is real because Tristan Thompson has only had 8 points in 3 final games.

Everyone was saying this was going 6 or 7 games, but I just couldn't see it. The East, no matter how much people don't want to admit it, was incredibly weak this year. It gave the Cavs a false sense of dominance when they ran through everyone. They got to the Warriors and got smacked in the mouth.

imagine all the invisible sniper shots from Lebron if they played the BB Pistons. Except this time they wouldn't be imaginary

Seriously, there have been some bad ass Finals teams over the years and to think this Cav's team is better than 90% of them is just not right. I won't call it dumb, but maybe just uninformed. Everyone is on Golden State's jock but put them against some of the better defensive squads and see if they can drop 120 points. The Bad Boys were focused on defense and rebounds. Hell, Rodman alone could grab 20 offensive lol. I'm not saying the Cavs or Warriors suck, just that there have been some really good teams over the years and people get forgetful. Magic's Lakers teams were stacked with talent.

Seriously, there have been some bad ass Finals teams over the years and to think this Cav's team is better than 90% of them is just not right. I won't call it dumb, but maybe just uninformed. Everyone is on Golden State's jock but put them against some of the better defensive squads and see if they can drop 120 points. The Bad Boys were focused on defense and rebounds. Hell, Rodman alone could grab 20 offensive lol. I'm not saying the Cavs or Warriors suck, just that there have been some really good teams over the years and people get forgetful. Magic's Lakers teams were stacked with talent.

agreed. just as we don't give as much credit to the older teams, we are also at fault for not giving the new era the same kind of credit. with the toughness of the old is matched by the speed/athleticism of the new. Curry wouldn't be as effective driving, but as we all know, shooting can thrive in any era. What makes this Warriors team so attractive to fans and critics alike, is they play team defense which just like solid shooting can translate well in any part of basketball history

LMAO. If Ghey Thompson can lock Kyrie down so hilariously that he needs to be screened off every time then True (9x all defensive 1st team - t-1st place all time) would hold him to <5 points per game for the series ROFL.

Back