These are the 2 most beautiful displays of martial science I've ever seen. But which is better?

What's more impressive? I'm a Fedor fanatic so I say Fedor's move is >.
Fedor's move is actually a helluva lot more intricate than MM's move. The redirection of momentum and weight distribution is out-fucking-standing in Fedor's move.

But what say YOU, Sherdog? All opinions are welcome. Except for Nostromo's. Because fuck Nostromo. I'm glad he's gone and I hope he's impotent wherever he is.

WZF7TC.gif

Cip8ulp.gif

Both are awesome in the own ways.

Fedor's technique is a slam using the opponent's momentum. Johnson's technique involves a smooth transition from wrestling to BJJ.

Fedor's move is actually a helluva lot more intricate than MM's move. The redirection of momentum and weight distribution is out-fucking-standing in Fedor's move.

But what say YOU, Sherdog? All opinions are welcome. Except for Nostromo's. Because fuck Nostromo. I'm glad he's gone and I hope he's impotent wherever he is.

WZF7TC.gif

Cip8ulp.gif
Borg couldn't see and was thinking about his son...

was that bad

I am a striker who loves technical striking. So...

1) Anderson silva vs leben, Franklin, belfort, griffin, and okami.

2) how prime pettis set up his headkick against joe.

3) Nick Diaz vs frank shamrock and penn.

In the future: Israel adesanya

MM s armbar could have been impressive if he had locked the arm bar in mid air otherwise its a newbish move moving one leg at a time,,

Most professional fighters couldn’t do DJ’s move IN PRACTICE, let alone in a real fight.

Last edited:
#2 was one of the smoothest transitions i've ever seen in MMA

MM s armbar could have been impressive if he had locked the arm bar in mid air otherwise its a newbish move moving one leg at a time,,

lmao so dude woulda had to disrespect the laws of physics hover in the air lock a submission in then gently float back down and get the tap before you would call it impressive? smfh

{<huh}

Nice utsuri goshi(i think)from fedor but mm technique used there is better especially with a sub tacked on

Yes. I have.

I feel like you're dismissing Fedor blocking Herring's kick, before he even closed the gap and employed judo (probably sambo, in his case).

It was pretty damn awesome. Not gonna lie. :D
Why wouldn’t it be judo?

Are you trolling? MM by MILES. Of course fedors move was great, really great, but it wasn't a once in a lifetime amazing finish.

WZF7TC.gif

Cip8ulp.gif

Are you even serious? No comparison between the too.

Both are smooth - but as usual my answer is The Last Emperor.

Ask me who I prefer as a fighter?
Phedro
BUT
DJ gets that.
Both transitions were smooth was fuck and the execution was flawless.
Its just that DJ got the sub.

Last edited:
Is this a troll thread? MM and it's not even close. One of the best submissions in UFC history.

#1 is a worthy highlight of technique but, #2 is > Pettis's cage kick in terms of amazing.

What MM did is something that if you had seen it in a movie you'd think "that's fake as hell".

MM for sure.

As a follow up: Fedor's technique could be taught and replicated as "textbook". MM was a once in a career type thing and something that one just learns.

Back