These A-holes Are Remaking Christmas Story!!!!

I don't mind a good song-and-dance number from time to time.

May I ask what musicals you've actually seen?

I feel like this post is the first of a series of post that lead to you being an out and proud card carrying homo ( not that there's anything wrong with that )

First your like " I can appreciate a good song and dance number "

Then your like " just because I like going to musicals with neat well dressed dudes doesn't mean I'm gay "

Until you're finally like " yeah guys I'm gay......I'm a gay guy now"

I feel like this post is the first of a series of post that lead to you being an out and proud card carrying homo ( not that there's anything wrong with that )

First your like " I can appreciate a good song and dance number "

Then your like " just because I like going to musicals with neat well dressed dudes doesn't mean I'm gay "

Until you're finally like " yeah guys I'm gay......I'm a gay guy now"

Shit, maybe I AM gay.

Does sucking dicks (sans eye contact) on occasion (but never more than once a month) make you gay?

Does anyone on planet earth actually enjoy musicals? I got dragged to one of Monty Python and The Holy Grail, the best movie ever, and the musical version was unwatchable
I got dragged to see Elf on broadway. It was horrible, it doesn't help that I don't like Elf the movie,

Shit, maybe I AM gay.

Does sucking dicks (sans eye contact) on occasion (but never more than once a month) make you gay?

I think you're in the clear .......for now.

Just giving you some shit. My 17 year daughter was in a pretty well done rendition of beauty and the beast last year , so of course I had to go see it . Gotta say it was pretty entertaining.

I don't mind a good song-and-dance number from time to time.

May I ask what musicals you've actually seen?
Not many as i think they're awful but i did make it through the monty python one.when i lived i Portland they had an improv theater by my house i used to go to and they had some every once in awhile

I think you're in the clear .......for now.

Just giving you some shit. My 17 year daughter was in a pretty well done rendition of beauty and the beast last year , so of course I had to go see it . Gotta say it was pretty entertaining.

I actually just watched the recent Beauty and the Beast live action film and enjoyed it quite a bit.

But if someone wants a manly musical, then Rock of Ages would probably be my recommendation:

Not many as i think they're awful but i did make it through the monty python one.when i lived i Portland they had an improv theater by my house i used to go to and they had some every once in awhile

See my last post. I'd recommend checking out Rock of Ages. Especially if you have a love for 80s rock, you should enjoy it.

Meh, might be ok. Probably not, oh well.

As for musicals I've actually enjoyed, probably Grease, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Nightmare before Christmas, Little Shop of Horrors, South Park, Team America, Walk Hard, Jersey Boys, Sing Street, Tenacious D's Pick of Destiny ,etc.

There are actually more musicals that I enjoy than I thought. I'd never consider the musical to be a favorite genre, but some movies are considered "musicals" even though they aren't full blown Singing in the Rain.

All these remakes and sequels to hits 20 years later are just a waste of the movie industries money. By now you would think they would understand that it's not a formula for a movie hit. Everything from:
Baywatch
Dukes of Hazzard
Total Recall
RoboCop
Dumb and Dumber Too
Ben-Hur
The Thing
Overboard comes out soon, won't be as good as Russell and Hawn.

List goes on and on. They're trying to bring back nostalgia but it's not working. Just like Star Wars, however they're throwing the kiddie aspects in the story as well which don't really capture what we had with the original saga.

Someone should put their eye out for this.

WTF??? WHATS NEXT, HITCHCOCK'S PSYCHO???

oh wait...

musical? what could be worse?

The main character is still named Ralphie but it's a transgender female whose favorite movie is the Ghostbusters remake. The desired present is no longer a red rider BB gun (too offensive) instead it's hormone transition therapy that her inept mean father is opposed to.

Don't care. Ralphie was annoying and a little punk ass brat
giphy.gif

I do. One of the best experiences of my life was going to see The Phantom of the Opera at the Saenger theater in New Orleans.

As for movie musicals, I vouch for the following: The Sound of Music, The Phantom of the Opera, Rock of Ages, Nine, Dreamgirls, Sweeney Todd.
All great. My fave is The Sound of Music, still holds up amazingly well and it came out in 1965. I'm most partial to this one because when I was in grade 6, we did that musical at our school. I was one of the Von Trapp kids. My mother came to see it, expecting me to have a line or 2, and there I am singing Do, Re, Mi, and So Long, Farewell among the others. She was in complete shock, I guess I forgot to tell her I would be singing.

I like the Phantom of the Opera movie, the one with Emmy Rossum. I wasn't as big a fan of the actual broadway musical when it came to my city. I think it's because they sing almost the entire script, whereas in the movie, it's a normal movie that has singing numbers placed in. When they're conversing, it's not in a sing-song way. But still good, just preferred the movie adaptation.

One I loved when I was younger was Miss Saigon, also The Wizard of Oz.

Whenever I leave a musical, there's always one person, usually the main character where I'm blown away at the amazing vocal talent they have. Surprisingly, Emmy Rossum best known now for Shameless is a phenomenal talent in Phantom of the Opera, she has great range. She tried to sing pop music awhile back but that didn't take off, but she definitely can sing

Lemme guess...Ralphie Switching genders cause it’s PC to do so

All great. My fave is The Sound of Music, still holds up amazingly well and it came out in 1965. I'm most partial to this one because when I was in grade 6, we did that musical at our school. I was one of the Von Trapp kids. My mother came to see it, expecting me to have a line or 2, and there I am singing Do, Re, Mi, and So Long, Farewell among the others. She was in complete shock, I guess I forgot to tell her I would be singing.

I like the Phantom of the Opera movie, the one with Emmy Rossum. I wasn't as big a fan of the actual broadway musical when it came to my city. I think it's because they sing almost the entire script, whereas in the movie, it's a normal movie that has singing numbers placed in. When they're conversing, it's not in a sing-song way. But still good, just preferred the movie adaptation.

One I loved when I was younger was Miss Saigon, also The Wizard of Oz.

Whenever I leave a musical, there's always one person, usually the main character where I'm blown away at the amazing vocal talent they have. Surprisingly, Emmy Rossum best known now for Shameless is a phenomenal talent in Phantom of the Opera, she has great range. She tried to sing pop music awhile back but that didn't take off, but she definitely can sing

Agreed on The Sound of Music. The original film is obviously excellent and I also enjoyed The Sound of Music Live, which aired on NBC a couple of years ago. Not sure if you know anything about that one.

As for Phantom, I enjoyed the movie, but I feel the opposite of you about it. I thought the movie was good but nothing can beat the experience of seeing the musical live. I thought it was just fucking amazing. Maybe it's partially because I was 14 at the time and had never seen anything like it, but I actually went to see it again in two other cities (Memphis and Nashville) and read the book as well.

Apparently it was recently retooled:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ente...a6c1883b6b1_story.html?utm_term=.1516aaacff41

I'll reserve judgment until I get a chance to see it.

I'm trying to think if I've even seen any other musicals that weren't film adaptations. I'm not sure that I have.

Back